Please Help.Return player main choose

Hi,i want to return in gw2 world after 2-3 years .I dont know which class to main.I want to focus on farming,fractals and open world.Raid later.I want easy class,before i played reaper power.Now i made it scourge with viper sts but i dont like it.I want something new.Classes i like and i need help to choose is: Ranger,Warrior ,guardian and engineer.Which one from all 4 it is better for fractals,farming,world exploration and pvp for daily.Ty and sry for my txt,english is not my matern lng.

none of these classes is "better". GW2 is very much play as you want. Both high end fractals and raids excluded, but that is not something you should aim for (low level fractals are another thing).

I would suggest to play a class that suit you, not others, for the things you want to do. The question you should ask is what others like and why.

1: I started on a guardian and really enjoyed it. I never liked the dragonhunter and firebrand style though. So then I decided to switch. But what I liked was the hands on combat. What I disliked is the focus on others and lack of solo play.2: My second main has been an enigneer/holosmith. They are more glas cannon style then the guardian, but the rotations are lots of fun and provide very good and strong dps

@Lousian.4927 said:Hi,i want to return in gw2 world after 2-3 years .I dont know which class to main.I want to focus on farming,fractals and open world.Raid later.I want easy class,before i played reaper power.Now i made it scourge with viper sts but i dont like it.I want something new.Classes i like and i need help to choose is: Ranger,Warrior ,guardian and engineer.Which one from all 4 it is better for fractals,farming,world exploration and pvp for daily.Ty and sry for my txt,english is not my matern lng.

@Lousian.4927 said:i like warrior .It is good for solo? And i like holowsmith with rifle.From this 2 which have more survivability ?

I would give Warrior a shot given the information you have provided. It can play solo or grouped, and can be effective in all play types (PvP, WvW, Fractals/Raids, everything Oper World).

@Lousian.4927 said:i played wow before and there you cant play what you want bcs no one will invited you if you dont play meta.:(

Still some of that with regards to raids and challenge mote fractals from what I understand, but, not so much with most everything else. But it really is much friendlier in GW2 for that. And if you aren't trying to do the high-end content, you can run whatever you want. I ran one of my characters through Heart of Thorns story solo with mismatched gear and even some that was rare quality instead of exotic (not on purpose, I'd forgotten to gear him up properly...which is why it was much tougher to get through some of the fights...).

I have a viper scourge as well, and I enjoy playing her, but, since I don't raid with her I'm considering swapping her over to grieving stats - the fights just don't last long enough to make the condition duration useful.

You might also take a look at renegade revenant. I have revenants with both elite specs and while I enjoy playing Herald, alacrity Renegade is quite a bit more fun and useful in group settings.

Welcome Back. Like everyone else, I encourage you to play what you like. Every class has a place in group content, like fractals. I myself play only a ranger. It is the most comfortable class for me and I enjoy how versatile it is. I can play a support class, a condition class, or a full out power class. You have options of single target and AoE heavy builds. Plus, especially for fractals and open world, having a pet resurrect you is very useful. It allows players to continue the fight while you resurrect yourself or resurrect yourself quickly in open world if you are playing alone.

@Kiba.9743 said:Welcome Back. Like everyone else, I encourage you to play what you like. Every class has a place in group content, like fractals. I myself play only a ranger. It is the most comfortable class for me and I enjoy how versatile it is. I can play a support class, a condition class, or a full out power class. You have options of single target and AoE heavy builds. Plus, especially for fractals and open world, having a pet resurrect you is very useful. It allows players to continue the fight while you resurrect yourself or resurrect yourself quickly in open world if you are playing alone.

ranger what skill is AOE for farming tag? I know only 5 from longbow but have big CD

@Lousian.4927 said:i played wow before and there you cant play what you want bcs no one will invited you if you dont play meta.:(

Well, things aren't that different in T4s and raids here, buddy. If you want an easy class, I've been enjoying Power Renegade. And you can equip some Diviner gear and be invited to stuff as an alacrigade

@Lousian.4927 said:ranger what skill is AOE for farming tag? I know only 5 from longbow but have big CD

Axes bounce to at least one other mob if in range, so just axe 1 skill will tag at least two for the price of one. Axe 2 sends out 5 axes/projectiles in an arc, axe 3 has a blast radius on impact. Axe 5 hits in a circle all around you, plus, it acts as a reflect to projectiles, so if something is shooting arrows at your, you knock those arrows back into them instead. And then there are the traps that are AOE skills. If you are running druid, you also have staff 4 that drops vines in a line, the staff 1 attack cleaves through every mob in the way between you and your target. Plus I think one or more of the Celestial Avatar skills has an AOE attack.

@"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:

@Lousian.4927 said:ranger what skill is AOE for farming tag? I know only 5 from longbow but have big CD

Axes bounce to at least one other mob if in range, so just axe 1 skill will tag at least two for the price of one. Axe 2 sends out 5 axes/projectiles in an arc, axe 3 has a blast radius on impact. Axe 5 hits in a circle all around you, plus, it acts as a reflect to projectiles, so if something is shooting arrows at your, you knock those arrows back into them instead. And then there are the traps that are AOE skills. If you are running druid, you also have staff 4 that drops vines in a line, the staff 1 attack cleaves through every mob in the way between you and your target. Plus I think one or more of the Celestial Avatar skills has an AOE attack.

This :)Thank you, Kaltyn.

@Lousian.4927In addition there is an AoE for an Elite Skill. It roots everything around the ranger and damages the enemy substantially with bleeds. So you will have plenty of options to play in many different ways.

@Kiba.9743 said:

@"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:

This :)Thank you, Kaltyn.

@Lousian.4927In addition there is an AoE for an Elite Skill. It roots everything around the ranger and damages the enemy substantially with bleeds.
So you will have plenty of options to play in many different ways

This part apply to every class.The only moment you'll have few different way is if you blindly follow the meta which is not needed for 90% (or more) of the content.