Stop calling 1000g weapon sets content

Jilora.9524

What I am gettin bored of is a new weapon set I feel like on almost every release of ice brood saga. I mean they could make another armor set as we have had one full set the whole saga, and two partial sets but those are more thematic. I want an ascended runic set that can be upgraded to legendary or something. That could help the longevity of icebrood saga replayability. The volcanic sets could stand have more chance to get them. Although with two more episodes maybe they will become easier to get with more mastery? I can hope this is the case. But I agree no point in mastery points locked behind, because you will get all you need in mastery points before you even get one piece of the set.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In addition of being expensive, I hate the "you need this other set to make that set" I was very angry that after finally finishing the last mastery, to discover that I need to craft the original dragon slayer weapons to get those crimson and azure ones. No way I put a single gold in them. You already did the mistake with boreal, and you do it again with dragon slayers. You never learn? Incredible.

@"hugo.4705" said:In addition of being expensive, I hate the "you need this other set to make that set" I was very angry that after finally finishing the last mastery, to discover that I need to craft the original dragon slayer weapons to get those crimson and azure ones. No way I put a single gold in them. You already did the mistake with stormcallers, and you do it again with dragon slayers. You never learn? Incredible.

Actually, there is probably a reason they did it this way, perhaps based on it impacts materials consumption, or other factors most people can't even begin to imagine themselves. To call it a 'mistake' is just a view with a very narrow focus and a lack of understanding. I don't really the get the original complaint though ... this isn't content people have to do if they don't want to. Almost nothing in this game is, except for leveling. People need to stop assuming that if they complain they don't like certain kinds of content, it means they will get other kinds of content they do like. We get access to ALL MANNER of different content for exactly that reasons. Anet has that 'content consumption' data ... we don't.

@"hugo.4705" said:In addition of being expensive, I hate the "you need this other set to make that set" I was very angry that after finally finishing the last mastery, to discover that I need to craft the original dragon slayer weapons to get those crimson and azure ones. No way I put a single gold in them.

Considering that crimson/azure weapons are upgrades of the dragon slayer weapons, it makes sense that one would need to craft the dragon slayer weapon first.

You already did the mistake with stormcallers, and you do it again with dragon slayers. You never learn? Incredible.

The mistake with Stormcallers was that people got rid of the actual weapons which were needed for the next set (the weapons were part of the recipe). You would only be able to make that comparison if the dragon slayer weapons themselves were actually needed to craft the crimson/azure weapons which they're not.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"hugo.4705" said:In addition of being expensive, I hate the "you need this other set to make that set" I was very angry that after finally finishing the last mastery, to discover that I need to craft the original dragon slayer weapons to get those crimson and azure ones. No way I put a single gold in them.

Considering that crimson/azure weapons are upgrades of the dragon slayer weapons, it makes sense that one would need to craft the dragon slayer weapon first.

You already did the mistake with stormcallers, and you do it again with dragon slayers. You never learn? Incredible.

The mistake with Stormcallers was that people got rid of the actual weapons which were needed for the next set (the weapons were part of the recipe). You would only be able to make that comparison if the dragon slayer weapons themselves were actually needed to craft the crimson/azure weapons which they're not.

It was the boreal weapons they did that misstake with since there was no hint of it having to be used later.Stormcaller weapons had a flavor text that it should be used but was then deemed to not be used.

@"DAN.7314" said:I just bought 200 of the new deldrimor supply chests that can drop the volcanic weapon boxes. They cost me 4 thousand tyrian defense seals. I got zero volcanic weapon boxes. I've opened another 50 of these boxes previously and got zero as well.

I've opened 250 DRM end chests or more (mostly gold chests from CMs). I've gotten zero volcanic weapon chests from there.

I could understand if it was a rare weapon collection with no mastery point tied to it, but this is a STORY achievement with a mastery point! I haven't gotten a single weapon for this collection, and I have played DRMs a ton!

I only got 2 out of chests, so I had to buy the set. I've played those DRMs daily, 5-7 a day. Never received a single drop from there.

By the way, "1,000 Gold", as mentioned in the title, is a joke - it costs a lot more than that, easily three times that amount.

@Linken.6345 said:

It was the boreal weapons they did that misstake with since there was no hint of it having to be used later.Stormcaller weapons had a flavor text that it should be used but was then deemed to not be used.

Ah. I must've forgotten, but either way, the person I quoted is still wrong.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Check in game before launching facts, you can't purchase the crimson and azure recipe without crafting the corresponding dragon slayer weapon. Sure they aren't used in the craft, but not having them still prevent you to get the next version. How stupid is this? Imagine a player joining the game at chapter 2 and not understanding at all why he can't get the azure and crimson weapons? Those aren't new rewards, but more locked ones.

I am not free to do how I want to get those, I am forced to make the previous sets.

@hugo.4705 said:

@hugo.4705 said:In addition of being expensive, I hate the "you need this other set to make that set" I was very angry that after finally finishing the last mastery, to discover that I need to craft the original dragon slayer weapons to get those crimson and azure ones. No way I put a single gold in them.

They are, check in game before launching facts, you can't purchase the crimson and azure recipe without crafting the corresponding dragon slayer weapon.I am not free to do how I want to get those, I am forced to make the previous sets.

I did state the facts and this is what I said. If you read the rest of my post, you’ll see that I was disputing your comparison to Stormcaller/Boreal.

See below from your post:

The mistake with Stormcallers was that people got rid of the actual weapons which were needed for the next set

Only boreal required the ACTUAL weapon to craft the next upgrade as it was part of the recipe. None of the recipes for the Champions episode so far have required the weapons as a part of the recipe.. Once you craft the weapon, you can get rid of them as was confirmed by Anet in the other thread that you’re aware of.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@"hugo.4705" said:In addition of being expensive, I hate the "you need this other set to make that set" I was very angry that after finally finishing the last mastery, to discover that I need to craft the original dragon slayer weapons to get those crimson and azure ones. No way I put a single gold in them. You already did the mistake with stormcallers, and you do it again with dragon slayers. You never learn? Incredible.

Actually, there is probably a reason they did it this way, perhaps based on it impacts materials consumption, or other factors most people can't even begin to imagine themselves. To call it a 'mistake' is just a view with a very narrow focus and a lack of understanding. I don't really the get the original complaint though ... this isn't content people have to do if they don't want to. Almost nothing in this game is, except for leveling. People need to stop assuming that if they complain they don't like certain kinds of content, it means they will get other kinds of content they do like. We get access to ALL MANNER of different content for exactly that reasons. Anet has that 'content consumption' data ... we don't.

Nah it is a mistake. Opinions you know. Sorry but forcing you to craft the first sets and making the following steps account bounds isn't clever. I wouldn't be here to complain if I could buy any crimson out of the tp for 40g. Your "don't want then don't go for it" doesn't stand, I want the crimson weapons, but without the useless boring long way of crafting the dragon slayers "base" version first. It's simple.

Gonna pass on your "if not liking the content and expecting a content you like" stop deforming words, I like the content cause I want the crimson, azure and charged stormcallers..

Check the wiki if you don't believe me, crimson and azure are bound.

@Linken.6345 said:

Totally agree. Stormcallers, even the charged ones are okay for me, also I can buy any of them on Tp. What I am angry about is the dragonslayers ones cause I can't buy the crimson and azures directly off the tp.Boreals, I forgot about them.Corrected my original post, meant boreal indeed.

@hugo.4705 said:

@hugo.4705 said:In addition of being expensive, I hate the "you need this other set to make that set" I was very angry that after finally finishing the last mastery, to discover that I need to craft the original dragon slayer weapons to get those crimson and azure ones. No way I put a single gold in them.

Totally agree. Stormcallers, even the charged ones are okay for me, also I can buy any of them on Tp. What I am angry about is the dragonslayers ones cause I can't buy the crimson and azures directly off the tp.Boreals, I forgot about them.Corrected my original post, meant boreal indeed.

You can buy the materials for the weapons off the TP and then only need a minimal number of prismatacite shards for the recipes.

Anet requiring players to have unlocked the previous version in order to get the upgraded version is nothing new. They've been doing this for years.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

You can buy the materials for the weapons off the TP and then only need a minimal number of prismatacite shards for the recipes.

Anet requiring players to have unlocked the previous version in order to get the upgraded version is nothing new. They've been doing this for years.

As ugrakarma said. They are expensive. So it returns to my original post, they are expensive and annoy you to make every step. Is it bad to ask for them to be available on TP?

I answer, no. It is totally fine and don't see anything wrong, the player made the long way of getting the steps and crafting a crimson rifle as example, I buy it and give him gold in exchange.

Anet simply must stop making everything bound, this isn't gonna push me making all the collections for sake of doing them. And no, no players should be punished of not getting a skin because they don't want to do a specific content or crafting tons of stupid pre versions that looks like nothing. Again, it just instore disgust in minds, not any desire or want.

Yes it is a punishement, bad decision, and ruin a subpart of fashion wars.

Care about saying when they required doing similar things? Never as much as lastly in their chapters. Auric hot weapons? Can have them easily. Forged weapons in pof? Easy. Awakened weapons? Not hard. Dungeon weapons? Easy. Fractals? Not that difficult. Apart abyssals. Bl chests one? Can be bought.Legendary gens 2? Fine to me, they are differents, and it worths the price.

@hugo.4705 said:

As ugrakarma said. They are expensive. So it returns to my original post, they are expensive and annoy you to make every step. Is it bad to ask for them to be available on TP?

Your post stated: "What I am angry about is the dragonslayers ones cause I can't buy the crimson and azures directly off the tp." You're were upset about not being able to purchase them; not about the cost. You're just moving the goalpost.

I answer, no. It is totally fine and don't see anything wrong, the player made the long way of getting the steps and crafting a crimson rifle as example, I buy it and give him gold in exchange.

The major "step" in crafting the weapons is gets the prismaticite crystals for the ingots. You can bypass this by buying the ingots off the TP. You can't buy the weapon directly but you can cut out 95% of the effort.

Anet simply must stop making everything bound, this isn't gonna push me making all the collections for sake of doing them. And no, no players should be punished of not getting a skin because they don't want to do a specific content or crafting tons of stupid pre versions that looks like nothing. Again, it just instore disgust in minds, not any desire or want.

Yes it is a punishement, bad decision, and ruin a subpart of fashion wars.

Rewards being bound is to get you to do the content rather than whip out a credit card and bypass all of it or simply farm elsewhere in the game in order to do the same. It also makes little sense to be able to craft an upgrade of an item without having crafted the item being upgraded first.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:It also makes little sense to be able to craft an upgrade of an item without having crafted the item being upgraded first.This is video game sense I guess? Because I can't discern any other kind of sense in it.

You build on top of an existing model like how they did precursors.With precursors you take a part of the earlier design to use in the newer design. Totally different.

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:It also makes little sense to be able to craft an upgrade of an item without having crafted the item being upgraded first.This is video game sense I guess? Because I can't discern any other kind of sense in it.

You build on top of an existing model like how they did precursors.With precursors you take a part of the earlier design to use in the newer design. Totally different.

If you look at the weapons, you’ll see that you’re doing that. The fact that they say “upgrade” should also be a good indicator.

Seeing what the new alternative is, i would have prefered using the old weapon as a crafting component, now we have a very expensive crafting component in place of the weapon, like the Stormcaller set for example, the last one use both the Draconic Lodestone and Stormcaller Core (Charged, not Volcanic, can't craft those), this makes each weapon cost almost 100g to make, i would have prefered to use the old weapons in place of the Draconic Lodestone, specially since the previous tier used the Lodestones lol.

I made every weapon when the saga started, then they became gold sinks and i just don't bother anymore.

There's also the fact they are all exotics, with Dragonsblood and Astral for example, you were not supossed to do them all at once, they have close to the same cost as these saga sets, but being Ascended means you can make them when you need a definitive weapon for a new toon or something, they are more expensive than normal ascended, but you get a nice skin as well, these saga weapons being all exotic just make them kinda worthless, you basically paying 100g for an item that will be trashed or mystic forged after unlocking the skin.

I'm not understanding the logic here regarding the dragon slayer weapons. Players wanted better rewards for DRMs, now that the prismaticite crystals can be made into ingots and traded away there's an incentive to do them once you pass 480 crystals for the dragon slayer weapons plus 32 for the recipes for crimson/azure. If you're crafting crimson+azure as well it's about 1600 crystals on top and unless you are extremely patient or rolling in gold (about 3K gold in ingots) it would be painful to do it right now.

The situation is somewhat mitigated by the new mastery adding additional crystals per DRM but a one hour timer essentially means you cannot do anything but DRMs on that character and must alternate between DRM sets (Primordus/Jormag).

Volcanic Stormcaller weapons are a different story. The RNG is insane considering there is an optional mastery point , I've been doing DRMs more or less daily and have only gotten one to drop. Tyrian defense seals traded in for accountbound versions would be a solution to this in the long-term but the prices dropped quite a bit from when this thread was created. Having it in the "rare" section of Exalted and Deldrimor supply boxes contributed to the drop in prices but I suspect "rare" in that case is below 1% (BL chests around 3% rare).

@Infusion.7149 said:I'm not understanding the logic here regarding the dragon slayer weapons. Players wanted better rewards for DRMs, now that the prismaticite crystals can be made into ingots and traded away there's an incentive to do them once you pass 480 crystals for the dragon slayer weapons plus 32 for the recipes for crimson/azure. If you're crafting crimson+azure as well it's about 1600 crystals on top and unless you are extremely patient or rolling in gold (about 3K gold in ingots) it would be painful to do it right now.

Many people do not consider the Prismaticite to be incentive at all.Many people don't bother with even trying to craft the weapons to begins with.

Putting the weapons themselves at decent drop rates into the missions as a reward might be enough of an incentive.Putting other items, that have a disgustingly low drop rate, like the invisible show box, at decent rates into the reward chest could make more people play them, too.

Arenanet needs to stop padding Champion's lack of content with those grinds and put in actual value.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"Infusion.7149" said:I'm not understanding the logic here regarding the dragon slayer weapons. Players wanted better rewards for DRMs, now that the prismaticite crystals can be made into ingots and traded away there's an incentive to do them once you pass 480 crystals for the dragon slayer weapons plus 32 for the recipes for crimson/azure. If you're crafting crimson+azure as well it's about 1600 crystals on top and unless you are extremely patient or rolling in gold (about 3K gold in ingots) it would be painful to do it right now.

Many people do not consider the Prismaticite to be incentive at all.Many people don't bother with even trying to craft the weapons to begins with.

Putting the weapons themselves at decent drop rates into the missions as a reward might be enough of an incentive.Putting other items, that have a disgustingly low drop rate, like the invisible show box, at decent rates into the reward chest could make more people play them, too.

Arenanet needs to stop padding Champion's lack of content with those grinds and put in actual value.

Are you confusing Dragon slayer weapons with Volcanic Stormcaller?

Dragon Slayer as well as Crimson and Azure upgraded versions which require CC usage to make aren't problematic on their own if you're just after one or two weapons. The only problematic parts are the rate of prismaticite crystals , the restrictive 1 hour bonus timer, as well as the hit-or-miss nature of public DRMs if you decide to go that route. The number of ingots required is excessive at current rates but there's no telling whether the next 2 sections of Champions add a crystal each per mastery level (see eitrite ingots at initial release as well as eternal ice shards which were readjusted).

If you do 3 daily DRMs , then you get 5+4+3 and then 3 from the node which is 15 total. You need 30 crystals per Dragon Slayer weapon which is 480 total. That's roughly a month in the current state of things. The Champions living world continues at least for 2 more chapter story steps for March (Balance) and April (Judgment). This is sort of reminiscent of Heroic Dragonsblood weapons which took me months to complete (at least those are ascended) despite it being merely 3 serpentite jewels per weapon which you could do in several weeks if you wanted to. The time-gating on that was access to the Hoard which is linked to the mini-dungeons and the deldrimor plates.

The upgraded tier Crimson/Azure ones are ludicrous on the other hand as you need 50 crystals each plus another 2 per recipe and they aren't even ascended. It is similar to 8,400  Kralkatite Ore for the Stellar weapons (which are ascended) if you try to do it post Istan drop changes without the help of eternal ice conversions.

Compared to an easy strike mission such as Shiverpeak Pass, DRMs need to be roughly twice the profit given the time involved now that the ingots are not accountbound. If you compare to a low tier fractal that's not a daily you get about 4-5 encryptions in the same amount of time without fractal titles and that's without counting drops or accountbound fractal relics. Even something trivial such as the Casino Pinata is about 1.5 gold in 10 minutes or so if you only join at the Pinata.

The only way to make the replay-ability better without increasing the prismaticite crystal drops is by making Tyrian Defense Seals have more rewards available such as accountbound Volcanic Stormcaller weapons. Currently there's a "rare" drop rate on Volcanic Stormcaller weapons from the supply boxes, which could mean anything from below 1% to something akin to 3% similar to Black Lion chests. The Deldrimor Stoneskin Infusion was a step in that direction.

edit: see also Fast farming numbers with CMs enabled, DRMs are high at 30g/hour with CMs and an optimal comp (i.e. ~10 minutes)https://fast.farming-community.eu/open-world/dragon-response-mission

@Infusion.7149 said:

@Infusion.7149 said:I'm not understanding the logic here regarding the dragon slayer weapons. Players wanted better rewards for DRMs, now that the prismaticite crystals can be made into ingots and traded away there's an incentive to do them once you pass 480 crystals for the dragon slayer weapons plus 32 for the recipes for crimson/azure. If you're crafting crimson+azure as well it's about 1600 crystals on top and unless you are extremely patient or rolling in gold (about 3K gold in ingots) it would be painful to do it right now.

Are you confusing Dragon slayer weapons with Volcanic Stormcaller?

Dragon Slayer as well as Crimson and Azure upgraded versions which require CC usage to make aren't problematic on their own if you're just after one or two weapons. The only problematic parts are the rate of prismaticite crystals , the restrictive 1 hour bonus timer, as well as the hit-or-miss nature of public DRMs if you decide to go that route. The number of ingots required is excessive at current rates but there's no telling whether the next 2 sections of Champions add a crystal each per mastery level (see eitrite ingots at initial release as well as eternal ice shards which were readjusted).

If you do 3 daily DRMs , then you get 5+4+3 and then 3 from the node which is 15 total. You need 30 crystals per Dragon Slayer weapon which is 480 total. That's roughly a month in the current state of things. The Champions living world continues at least for 2 more chapter story steps for March (
Balance
) and April (
Judgment
). This is sort of reminiscent of Heroic Dragonsblood weapons which took me months to complete (at least those are ascended) despite it being merely 3 serpentite jewels per weapon which you could do in several weeks if you wanted to. The time-gating on that was access to the Hoard which is linked to the mini-dungeons and the deldrimor plates.

The upgraded tier Crimson/Azure ones are ludicrous on the other hand as you need 50 crystals each plus another 2 per recipe and they aren't even ascended. It is similar to 8,400  Kralkatite Ore for the Stellar weapons (which are ascended) if you try to do it post Istan drop changes without the help of eternal ice conversions.

Compared to an easy strike mission such as Shiverpeak Pass, DRMs need to be roughly twice the profit given the time involved now that the ingots are not accountbound. If you compare to a low tier fractal that's not a daily you get about 4-5 encryptions in the same amount of time without fractal titles and that's without counting drops or accountbound fractal relics. Even something trivial such as the Casino Pinata is about 1.5 gold in 10 minutes or so if you only join at the Pinata.

The only way to make the replay-ability better without increasing the prismaticite crystal drops is by making Tyrian Defense Seals have more rewards available such as accountbound Volcanic Stormcaller weapons. Currently there's a "rare" drop rate on Volcanic Stormcaller weapons from the supply boxes, which could mean anything from below 1% to something akin to 3% similar to Black Lion chests. The Deldrimor Stoneskin Infusion was a step in that direction.

edit: see also Fast farming numbers with CMs enabled, DRMs are high at 30g/hour with CMs and an optimal comp (i.e. ~10 minutes)

I didn't specify any weapon set.Seeing how many people seem to be put off by the needlessly expensive (or horrendously grindy, if they don't buy the materials) crafting of the weapons, Arenanet should put all the weapon collections' skins from Champions as possible DRM rewards at decent drop rates.The way it currently is, hardly any player will get them, effectively making them a waste of resources.