It's time for transmutation charges and self style hair kits to go away!

Reaper X.6305

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@titje.2745 said:would be nice, i am saving money for permanent hairstyle kit, and i am always out of transmute charges, make me mad that wvw and pvp get them by things they like and very often, and for pve we have to complete a whole map for only ONE 1 transmute charge, the time and reward is not balanced here (between game modes). i like pve but i hate completings maps, it takes hours. even completing city's takes too much time. gaming must be a relax thing near work but don't look like.

Completing the Grove takes 8 minutes.

if you mean farming the grove with a new character and deleting it, remaking it, rinse and repeat.

it will take more than 8 minutes each time: you factor in character creation, a cutscene or two you can't skip in the tutorial mission, tutorial itself, teleporting/walking to the grove, with all loading screens compounded it's probably closer to 15minutes more or less depending on how fast one is

@Astyrah.4015 said:

@titje.2745 said:would be nice, i am saving money for permanent hairstyle kit, and i am always out of transmute charges, make me mad that wvw and pvp get them by things they like and very often, and for pve we have to complete a whole map for only ONE 1 transmute charge, the time and reward is not balanced here (between game modes). i like pve but i hate completings maps, it takes hours. even completing city's takes too much time. gaming must be a relax thing near work but don't look like.

if you mean farming the grove with a new character and deleting it, remaking it, rinse and repeat.

it will take more than 8 minutes each time: you factor in character creation, a cutscene or two you can't skip in the tutorial mission, tutorial itself, teleporting/walking to the grove, with all loading screens compounded it's
probably closer
to 15minutes more or less depending on how fast one is

You can skip it, if you got a pass like the mistlock sanctuary one for example.

@Astyrah.4015 said:

it will take more than 8 minutes each time: you factor in character creation, a cutscene or two you can't skip in the tutorial mission, tutorial itself, teleporting/walking to the grove, with all loading screens compounded it's
probably closer
to 15minutes more or less depending on how fast one isNo I mean completing maps does not take hours.

@Linken.6345 said:

probably closer

oh i see, so some passes let you in from level 1 lol! that's good to know. some lounge passes like the lily of elon invite (the one i have) require a level 2 (to finish the tutorial) to use.

@Astyrah.4015 said:

probably closer

oh i see, so some passes let you in from level 1 lol! that's good to know. some lounge passes like the lily of elon invite (the one i have) require a level 2 (to finish the tutorial) to use.Fun fact: Using one tome of knowledge in the tutorial instance opens a waypoint outside it that you can use to wp outside the instance.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

probably closer

oh i see, so some passes let you in from level 1 lol! that's good to know. some lounge passes like the lily of elon invite (the one i have) require a level 2 (to finish the tutorial) to use.Fun fact: Using one tome of knowledge in the tutorial instance opens a waypoint outside it that you can use to wp outside the instance.

I never knew that... That’s pretty cool.

You know, I once suggested a new crafting profession around this that maintains the need for transmutation charges but also gives another means of obtaining them:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/73950/new-upgrade-crafting-aesthetician

Granted, that idea is flawed but in hindsight, I could see it more as a lite-craft that only goes up to lvl 100 and have it more aimed at the players that have a gazillion transmutation charges they don't use and turn it into gold by basically crafting sellable charges.

Rather than leave the players who spent time farming up charges up a creek by removing charges, now they can capitalize.

@Vyr.9387 said:

@"Kiba.9743" said:People think it is minor, but we have no data to support the income that each cosmetic item brings in, nor should we assume we know.

That's an interesting point, but it goes both ways.All the naysayers act like they have a degree in economics, a specialization for, and a millennium of practice in, the gaming industry, when the only thing they seem to have is "WoW is $15 a month, hurr durr", but there's a reason WoW has enough players to sustain itself thirty times over, and it has very little to do with barbershops changing hairstyles for 5 silver.

Ultimately, ANet's communication with players - and with the world, looking at their marketing, or lack thereof - leaves a lot to be desired, so the only way to get to them would be through not buying their stuff, and force them this way to come out and go: "'Sup, guys, you're not buying gems anymore. What's the matter?"But they usually don't bother - and not just because it looks like they threw everything else to the wind to bee-line EoD; the Build "Templates" are still in-game and still monetized in the image of EA - since the game's upkeep costs are probably the same regardless of how many things they're adding to the game at the current pace, so they might as well keep them and cash in on newcomers who've no idea how the game and its creators operate yet.

But who knows.Speculations are fun!

Except "the naysayers" are basing their opinion/speculation around the fact that it's still in the gemstore, which would most probably not be the fact if it contributed irrelevantly small amount of moneyz. It doesn't mean it's absolutely ultimately correct, but at this point "the naysayers" have more of a reason to believe it does matter, when compared to the "yay-it doesn't even make any moneyz so give me free stuff and I'll definitely spend more!-sayers".

btw apparently anet's response to this thread's title:No, it's not, but enjoy the sale :grimace:

(unless they're checking if people still buy them :p )

• Confused 1