I never thought i'd say this...

Jason.3485

@Dark Red Killian.3946 said:I personally wouldn’t mind more collections where it requires materials you wouldn’t otherwise use. I mean right now I am making a Gen 2 lege, and using all my mithril, ectos, and orichalcum, I can’t make the dragon slayer weapons as they use the same materials. And I have bloodstone dust, dragonite ore and empyreal fragments sitting around doing nothing...

Either refine them, feed them to resource eaters, or toss them. Otherwise it is wasted space if it bleeds into your bank space.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

@Dark Red Killian.3946 said:I personally wouldn’t mind more collections where it requires materials you wouldn’t otherwise use. I mean right now I am making a Gen 2 lege, and using all my mithril, ectos, and orichalcum, I can’t make the dragon slayer weapons as they use the same materials. And I have bloodstone dust, dragonite ore and empyreal fragments sitting around doing nothing...

Either refine them, feed them to resource eaters, or toss them. Otherwise it is wasted space if it bleeds into your bank space.

Look, that’s not my point. I am offering a suggestion for using less utilized materials. I did not ask for suggestions on what to do with my extra materials. Hate when people do that.

@Fuchslein.8639 said:. And how do you know that people do not make these collections?

GW2Efficiency, this is a good clue, almost no one has finished the first collection, it must be 0.10% of the members registered on the siteso we can already say that those who will go to the last collection, barely represent a few players

And that's totally normal ,considering the time and money it takes for an average skin. There is regularly better in cash shop for much less golds.

@radda.8920 said:

@Fuchslein.8639 said:. And how do you know that people do not make these collections?

GW2Efficiency, this is a good clue, almost no one has finished the first collection, it must be 0.10% of the members registered on the siteso we can already say that those who will go to the last collection, barely represent a few players

And that's totally normal ,considering the time and money it takes for an average skin. There is regularly better in cash shop for much less golds.

Sorry, but where is gw2 effi a good benchmark for anything? Most of my friends list have never visited this site. I don't mean to say that the site is bad, quite the opposite. But a site that is run by fans is in my eyes not a decisive point for anything.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Fuchslein.8639 said:Sorry, but where is gw2 effi a good benchmark for anything?It's not a good Benchmark at all.Some people are just blinded by the illusion of it being a perfect vertical slice towards the game's population (which obviously could not be further from the truth).

What else are we supposed to use? Do you have access to Anet's internal statistics?

Yeah, don't like that either, exotic weapons that are more expensive than ascended ones lol.

Like, i know that one legendary weapon would cost a bit more or the same as these entire collections, but at least it's a item that you will use on some character, these exotic items you just unlock the skin and either trash or toilet it (if it even works).

Can't even have the argument of "it's exotic items for new players", cause nobody is going to spend 100g on a single exotic weapon lol.

@"Farohna.6247" said:I enjoy weapon collections, tedious as they can be

There are collections that take you places and have a story attached to them - those are fun.

And then there are those collections we have seen a lot of lately that are mere grinding for materials - that doesn't qualify as "end game content" in my book.

Problem is, most if not everything now is gated behind achievement grind, timegated grind, or just contrived grind. Example : I was interested in the Illuminated Boreal Weapon collection, only to discover that one of the major materials needed to make it has its recipe gated (via achievement) behind the Stormcaller weapon collection...which is from another map and has nothing to do with the previous collection, aside from both being in IBS. That turned me off fast.

@"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:

@Fuchslein.8639 said:Sorry, but where is gw2 effi a good benchmark for anything?It's not a good Benchmark at all.Some people are just blinded by the illusion of it being a perfect vertical slice towards the game's population (which obviously could not be further from the truth).

What else are we supposed to use? Do you have access to Anet's internal statistics?

Let's be clear ... if it's a bad representation of player behaviour, it shouldn't be used at all, EVEN if it's the only thing available.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Farohna.6247" said:I enjoy weapon collections, tedious as they can be

There are collections that take you places and have a story attached to them - those are fun.

And then there are those collections we have seen a lot of lately that are mere grinding for materials - that doesn't qualify as "end game content" in my book.

I agree, it should not take the place of actual content, but should compliment it. I am rather annoyed that I'm having to craft multiple sets of what is essentially the same weapon. I presume it's all "filler" for now as hopefully they are working on the expansion.

@KelyNeli.4516 said:Im sitting here waiting for ascended ARMOR AND WEAPONS to be obtainable WITHOUT this stuuuupid and overwhelming crafting system or the stupidly long pvp grind. Can we have it the different way pls.

Do strike missions for the armor and elite spec collections/ knight of thorn quest per character for the weapons.

@Nilkemia.8507 said:Problem is, most if not everything now is gated behind achievement grind, timegated grind, or just contrived grind. Example : I was interested in the Illuminated Boreal Weapon collection, only to discover that one of the major materials needed to make it has its recipe gated (via achievement) behind the Stormcaller weapon collection...which is from another map and has nothing to do with the previous collection, aside from both being in IBS. That turned me off fast.

You don't need the recipe, lodestones can also be craftet in the mystic forge for the same amount of materials (the recipe was just added later to make it a bit faster to craft them).

@"Nilkemia.8507" said:Problem is, most if not everything now is gated behind achievement grind, timegated grind, or just contrived grind. Example : I was interested in the Illuminated Boreal Weapon collection, only to discover that one of the major materials needed to make it has its recipe gated (via achievement) behind the Stormcaller weapon collection...which is from another map and has nothing to do with the previous collection, aside from both being in IBS. That turned me off fast.

The Wiki is a wonderful resource for all things Guild Wars 2: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Amalgamated_Draconic_Lodestone#Output_1

@Fuchslein.8639 said:

Sorry, but where is gw2 effi a good benchmark for anything? Most of my friends list have never visited this site. I don't mean to say that the site is bad, quite the opposite. But a site that is run by fans is in my eyes not a decisive point for anything.

I find that a very good clue personally. If the players who take the time to go to this kind of site and are therefore really invested in gw2 do not make these weapons.There is little chance that the percentage will change drastically among people who are not registeredI'm sure less than one percent of gw2 players will finish these collections. And still I'm positive.

In my case, for example, I am relentless with achievements (close to 37k AP) I would never make these collections. They are ugly, and expensive for the few points earned. And who would have the mental strength to do so many DRM, you almost go crazy at such a level.One of the most boring content in the game, yet I have been playing guild wars for 16 years.

I kinda agree. There comes a moment when another new weapon skin or even another mount is just "meh". When players finally obtained their choice of legendary items, it is not too likely another non-legendary item skin is something they are willing to go for.

Entirely new rewards would be nice, like more rewards for achievement points, a Hall of Monuments with many collectibles and true player housing that can be entirely customized and upgraded with things you can earn in game.

I know the Hall of Monuments in Eye of the North kept me playing for years and finally obtaining the "God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals" title has been my proudest and most memorable moment in my personal gaming career.

Imagine a personal home that you can fully decorate, with furniture that you can earn in game or trade with other players. A personal museum in which you can display all your glory, weapons, armor, special collectibles, titles and achievements, a garden with stables where your mounts, pets and minis wander around and where you can harvest the nodes that now exist in your home instance. And ANet could even earn some money with it, like selling exclusive locations for your account housing in the gem store or an extra housing storage stash where you can store unused furniture and decorations. When ArenaNet does the monetization right, it does not degrade the feeling of achievement.

@"Schimmi.6872" said:You don't need the recipe, lodestones can also be craftet in the mystic forge for the same amount of materials (the recipe was just added later to make it a bit faster to craft them).

While good to know, that doesn't change the problem with the recipe being gated behind an achievement for an unrelated weapon set altogether. While I can bypass it, it's via a decidedly slower method, which I couldn't have figured out myself.

And this also brings to mind the Eitrite Ingots, which do require a recipe...which is gated behind a certain tier of the very weapons they're used to craft. No alternative option via the Mystic Forge on this one.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Recipe:_Eitrite_Ingot

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:The Wiki is a wonderful resource for all things Guild Wars 2: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Amalgamated_Draconic_Lodestone#Output_1

Of course it is. That's how I found out about this and the Eitrite Ingots. But that brings up yet another, far more pervasive problem : If I wanted to figure this out, there was little/no means to do so without having to go out of the game to get it. And this problem has gotten worse over time, having been around as far back and LWS2, probably even before that. Having recently had to go to the wiki just to figure out how to get one stupid POI in Grothmar Valley, I can say with certainty that tabbing back and forth between the game and a wiki page is not fun at all.

It's not like Eitrite Ingots are hard to acquire. One merely has to open chests or walk through the 'maze'.
Certainly, a lot cheaper than crafting them. And incentivizes playing the content.

Do you really think the Devs should place arrows to every location in the game? Would kind of defeat any sense of exploration or adventure, I'd guess.
Or add the 92,000+ articles to the game? It's already pushing 50 Gigabytes.I think players, on the whole, lament the time between content drops, as it is.
But, that's just me.