What keybinds for mounts?

Milkshake.4370

Hey everyone,What are your keybinds you are using for mounts?I am using the following ones and am curious to see if there are better alternatives;

CAPSLOCK = Skyscale, = Raptor. = SpringerL = Skimmer; = Jackal' = Roller Beetlex = any mount selected

I like that I can reach all of them with my thumb (except for Capslock).What are yours?

@Jukhy.2431 said:Left Shift = Mount key (I use Skyscale here)F1 = GriffonF2 = RaptorF3 = SpringerF4 = JackalF5 = SkimmerF6 = Beetle

Sidenote: 1,2,3,4,Q,E,R,C,X,Z + alt combos of these keys I use for combat skills cause I want them to be close to the movement keys (AWSD).

interesting...I use F1,2,3,4 for my combat skills. i want to try this out

• 2 weeks later...

X Raptor (set to default)Shift-S SpringerShift-Z ZkimmerShift-D DogJackalShift-A AllmountGriffonShift-X Beetle (no mnemonic on this one, I was running out of keyboard real estate, maybe think of it as Racer X?)Shift-C skysCale

Keeps everything near the keys I use the most, uses mnemonics to recall what does what, combo key means I am highly unlikely to mount/dismount in error (and since I can't mount in combat, I have the leisure time to find two keys to press at once, something that can physically hurt my hand when done rapidly under stress, which is also why I want all the keys near the Shift key, less strain!). Also if I want to swap mounts I can hold down Shift, press the key of the mount I'm swapping to (this dismounts me) and press it again a moment later to be on the new mount without having to move my fingers to other keys.

Since someone just reacted, I'll update:  Shift-W for Warclaw, Ctrl-X for Turtle, J for Skiff, Six help me if more mounts get added.

Edited by Donari.5237
  • Thanks 1

I use 8, 9, 0, -, = for raptor, springer, skimmer, jackal and griffon (in that order) then P for warclaw, [ for roller beetle and ] for skyscale. The only reason for that choice is it's a section of the keyboard I wasn't using for anything else.

I might change it to 9, 0, -, =, O, P, [ and ] now it doesn't seem like we're getting more mounts, so they're more neatly grouped.

For quick access I have the default mount button (which I think I moved to 'end' on the block above the arrow keys) bound to a button on the side of my mouse and whichever mount I'm most likely to want at short notice set to that button. It's usually the griffon, on the basis that if I don't have time to choose one I probably want to make a quick exit and it covers all the options (especially if I've just gone over a cliff). But sometimes I change it if I'm focusing on another mount, like I'm underwater so I'm using the skimmer a lot or doing a jackal puzzle. Then I just have to change it back (hopefully before going over a cliff).

@Donari.5237 said:X Raptor (set to default)Shift-S SpringerShift-Z ZkimmerShift-D DogJackalShift-A AllmountGriffonShift-X Beetle (no mnemonic on this one, I was running out of keyboard real estate, maybe think of it as Racer X?)Shift-C skysCale

Keeps everything near the keys I use the most, uses mnemonics to recall what does what, combo key means I am highly unlikely to mount/dismount in error (and since I can't mount in combat, I have the leisure time to find two keys to press at once, something that can physically hurt my hand when done rapidly under stress, which is also why I want all the keys near the Shift key, less strain!). Also if I want to swap mounts I can hold down Shift, press the key of the mount I'm swapping to (this dismounts me) and press it again a moment later to be on the new mount without having to move my fingers to other keys.

I think this is one of my favorite layouts. My objective is to keep them all within Left Hand proximity so I can walk/move and select mounts with the same hand on the keyboard. Thank you!!!

@Milkshake.4370 said:

@Tukaram.8256 said:n - raptorb - bunnyh - skimmer (h for hover)j - jackal (so rarely used I tend to forget the button)

i think this option requires changing the binding for H (hero) and B

Probably. But I do not need the button for Hero because there is an icon on the screen. I have no idea what B was for before. I will always opt for an on screen icon over a key. I do not like even having to pully my keyboard out during a game.