Sick tired of the wolf's tears against ranger!

Arheundel.6451

I am tired to death of all the criers on this forum, played this class for close to 5k hours, I then jump on another class say....necro and I cream (literally) your average ranger after only using seriously necro for less than 40 hrs, I can repeat the same feat while using a guardian..or even an ele...a warrior if I remember how to play it after some months left unused.

Problems arise when you face an experienced core ranger or soulbeast and even then I can stand my ground, not win maybe but not insta die either and I have far fewer hrs gameplay on these other classes and this is the problem : you must meet above average players to realized how dangerous a ranger can be but.....Other professions have builds which allow players to perform far above their actual skill level and still be a threat for experienced players.

I tried a minion scourge and core necro and my day, when I though I'd day I'd survive and even turn the tables on the assailant, so where all these wolf's tears come from in reality?

About pre nerf boonbeast and unblockable pre nerf sic' em ..ok I give people that, those builds were problematic but now? Negating a sic'em burst coming from your average ranger player ( one who didn't bother to count your dodges, stunbreaks and position) should be the easiest thing to do for anybody who spent at least 100 hrs in this game..not wvw...just this game

"But ranger can combine dmg and sustain!...blah blah blah"...Hold it! I can do the same on other professions roaming capable :

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwAs2ZlVw6YWMP2IW8SvLPA-zlRQ/A-w or http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwAc2ZlRwwYZMP2JO8PvLPA-zlTQxDA-w or http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwAs+ZlFwmYVML2IeKXevaA-zlRQ/A-w or http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PegAw6lZwuYWMKGKOcSZPNA-w or ....so many more I am tired to post or try.

So suggesting that there is some miracle build out there for rangers and others have nothing....it's a blatant lie.

I am just venting atm honestly as I am generally tired of GW2 players constantly asking for nerfs while they play specs that themselves require nerfs if anything by following their same logic and yet they claim their class/build is balanced while everything else is powercrept

Well this game is not p2w or hard grind, thats why so many ppl plays is, and so on you got opinion from diferent skilled players

Also keep in mind that only ppl that have problem ususaly creating post as ppl that have no problem not coming to forum or have static, or play with friends, or don't do 1vs1 dps glass cannon vs Bruiser or have awarnes of roles

So becase you have much more players, you also got much more casual or low skilled players, or ppl that just started and are not learned how thinks work yet

Same questions will be evry month asked by diferent ppl that have diferent progress and skill

If you tired reading that, you schold chill a bit, it's normal think :D

Ther always will be some ppl ready to guide that lost souls with diferent result ofc

Also i play roamer Scrapper , and don't have problem vs ranger cuz of projectile block, condi cleanse, and superior rune of hoelbrak that reduce condi dmg, same as Superior Sigil of Cleansing

Mxr2VT9.png

Other than its access to rooting being called to high or the vines hp balance being a fail are anyone really calling Ranger op?If they nerfed the root access and the vines hp the complaints would probably be drastically reduced, but there will always be some complaints as thats just how forums are.Anyway other than degenerate rooting builds I don't see how Ranger is op at all.

i see some players run around with 50% stab uptime, 2 stunbreakers and a utility for dmg denial, perma protection, boons galore, stealth, blinds, high dmg, defensive weapon kits who think pure damage soulbeast has too much dmg and is too strong despite having to use 3 utilities just to hit hard and have barely any sustain.

and then i get told my build is for noobs.. running around killing ppl with 1 stunbreak while they can make more than 10 mistakes before they die lol.

lots pof specs have needlessly high sustain. ranger needs to blow multiple utilities to have good dmg. but against perma prot commanders specs that dmg is negligible.

Well i mean every class has their issue no? Last time i played ranger to get high numbers with sicem i heard required timing and to know what to use to get good numbers, cause when i hit with the attack number was decent but it wasn't anything crazy.

I heard i had to combine multiple ability procs for 5k which does seem fair considering it used to be a lot higher and easier from what i heard.

Rangers are kinda only left with the troll builds left, because Trapper Rune op and Condi spam.

Power Ranger builds I feel these days feel like I'm playing a Warrior with slightly better sustain lol.They get screwed by projectiled hate, and if they have to go melee, they get stomped by any Bunker/Necro build.

@"Yasai.3549" said:Rangers are kinda only left with the troll builds left, because Trapper Rune op and Condi spam.

Power Ranger builds I feel these days feel like I'm playing a Warrior with slightly better sustain lol.They get screwed by projectiled hate, and if they have to go melee, they get stomped by any Bunker/Necro build.

To be fair I think the devs are afraid to nerf Trapper rune because without it Traps are almost never taken on any class. They're some of the most lackluster utilities in the game since you can just walk out of them usually.

I wouldn't call it "OP" so much as "makes things actually useful".

Compare them to Wells which are all mostly good enough without the Quickness rune.

@Hannelore.8153 said:

@"Yasai.3549" said:Rangers are kinda only left with the troll builds left, because Trapper Rune op and Condi spam.

To be fair I think the devs are afraid to nerf Trapper rune because without it Traps are almost never taken on any class. They're some of the most lackluster utilities in the game since you can just walk out of them usually.

I wouldn't call it "OP" so much as "makes things actually useful".

Compare them to Wells which are all mostly good enough without the Quickness rune.

mechanically wise, wells are traps but better, so they have to be objectively OP to be usable, sad truth.

@Junkpile.7439 said:Ranger have 1500 range. Necro can't never even do damage against average or better ranger.

nah, ranger lb has close to 1800 range. if you have high ground it can go close to 2k range.There are 3 things that I understand being complained about in ranger.1 pets are bulshit2 fuck decap druid3 lb goes way over 1500 intended range and it should be fixed

@bigo.9037 said:i see some players run around with 50% stab uptime, 2 stunbreakers and a utility for dmg denial, perma protection, boons galore, stealth, blinds, high dmg, defensive weapon kits who think pure damage soulbeast has too much dmg and is too strong despite having to use 3 utilities just to hit hard and have barely any sustain.

and then i get told my build is for noobs.. running around killing ppl with 1 stunbreak while they can make more than 10 mistakes before they die lol.

lots pof specs have needlessly high sustain. ranger needs to blow multiple utilities to have good dmg. but against perma prot commanders specs that dmg is negligible.

ranger too has very good sustain, regeneration, heal with protection, strong healing skill it all adds up.I even started running lb + sword/axe and using natural healing.The sustain is actually nutty. but I cant land my bursts very often cuz axe 4 is so fucking whacky

@Junkpile.7439 said:Ranger have 1500 range. Necro can't never even do damage against average or better ranger.

the pew pew thing from ranger unless spammed by cc by multiple enemies, such as cripple and immob/stun, and aren't able to get away LB2 is extremely avoidable and reaper also has a move i coulda sworn that blocks projectiles, so i don't think lb2 is a problem. In fact: i've literally run to a corner hide behind walls to avoid lb2.

@Axl.8924 said:

@"Junkpile.7439" said:Ranger have 1500 range. Necro can't never even do damage against average or better ranger.

the pew pew thing from ranger unless spammed by cc by multiple enemies, such as cripple and immob/stun, and aren't able to get away LB2 is extremely avoidable and reaper also has a move i coulda sworn that blocks projectiles, so i don't think lb2 is a problem. In fact: i've literally run to a corner hide behind walls to avoid lb2.

Not only Reaper, Core Necro can also completely block projectiles with almost-unnoticeable Poison field on low cooldown. Its just not taken on some builds because it inflicts Weakness on the caster, but any cleansing Necro is probably using it.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Corrosive_Poison_CloudCooldown is like 20sec with trait because Corruptions are reduced by 33%, not the usual 20%.

@Hannelore.8153 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@"Junkpile.7439" said:Ranger have 1500 range. Necro can't never even do damage against average or better ranger.

Not only Reaper, Core Necro can also completely block projectiles with almost-unnoticeable Poison field on low cooldown. Its just not taken on some builds because it inflicts Weakness on the caster, but any cleansing Necro is probably using it.

Cooldown is like 20sec with trait because Corruptions are reduced by 33%, not the usual 20%.

Thats my point, i don't think touching lb2 is necessary

@Hannelore.8153 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Cooldown is like 20sec with trait because Corruptions are reduced by 33%, not the usual 20%.

I need no poison field while on necro, with just 40% shroud I can facetank all dmg coming from an average ranger, those who can't follow up with CC or bait CD and just sic'em . My favourite build atm is core condi MM , I teleport the minions (1200range teleport) to snare and immobilize the ranger who meanwhile randomly use the GS block and from there is free estate

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@bigo.9037 said:i see some players run around with 50% stab uptime, 2 stunbreakers and a utility for dmg denial, perma protection, boons galore, stealth, blinds, high dmg, defensive weapon kits who think pure damage soulbeast has too much dmg and is too strong despite having to use 3 utilities just to hit hard and have barely any sustain.

ranger too has very good sustain, regeneration, heal with protection, strong healing skill it all adds up.I even started running lb + sword/axe and using natural healing.The sustain is actually nutty. but I cant land my bursts very often cuz axe 4 is so kitten whacky

The sustain is nutty because you know how to keep distance and regroup which is no trivial matter these days. Otherwise at melee range you'd get vaporized by anything but a thief which essentially is the only thing you don't need to get away from atm.

Generally speaking the GW2 ranger is a carbon copy of ranger from other MMOs and the sustain,dmg is in accordance with the casual nature of the game

The sustain of ranger in GW2 in terms of accessibility is relative to other professions roaming capable like engi , revenant and necro , these 4 really have the top sustain in all game modes as far as 1vs1 goes.

Ranger can be useful in Wvw thx to its superior mobility over the other 3 which by contrast enjoy a far far better experience during zerg fights

@Arheundel.6451 said:

ranger too has very good sustain, regeneration, heal with protection, strong healing skill it all adds up.I even started running lb + sword/axe and using natural healing.The sustain is actually nutty. but I cant land my bursts very often cuz axe 4 is so kitten whacky

The sustain is nutty because you know how to keep distance and regroup which is no trivial matter these days. Otherwise at melee range you'd get vaporized by anything but a thief which essentially is the only thing you don't need to get away from atm.

Generally speaking the GW2 ranger is a carbon copy of ranger from other MMOs and the sustain,dmg is in accordance with the casual nature of the game

The sustain of ranger in GW2 in terms of accessibility is relative to other professions roaming capable like engi , revenant and necro , these 4 really have the top sustain in all game modes as far as 1vs1 goes.

Ranger can be useful in Wvw thx to its superior mobility over the other 3 which by contrast enjoy a far far better experience during zerg fights

Remember to give thanks to the nerfs to classes and aegis.

the nerfs that everyone got really help nec survive, because in lower dmg games nec has a good time surviving, but previous type of game where everyone had ridiculous power dmg to 1 shot and mobility power creep and aegis, nec was wrekd. Nec is about face camping, due to limited mobility compared to the really fast classes.

I think ranger has some mobility but it isn't on par with thief and rev in my opinion.

I do think ranger has good sustain tools. Signet of stone helps a lot along with some of the other stuff anti cc defensives.

When i think crazy mobility, i think crazy moves that evade a lot teleports and stuff like that. Stuff which was more power crept before.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

i’m well aware lol. in wvw you just slot WS, a few commanders pieces, durability runes, dolyak stance and protect me, gz you’re now tanky as fuck.

i was just referring to the kinds of players who think pure dmg “1shot” builds are ez despite the fact a single block or evade can remove over 66% of RF burst, meanwhile they run full sustain, can make lots of mistakes without being punished for it.

@"Sandzibar.5134" said:I often see some "big community name" Thief streamers complain about how OP rangers are. There's one in particular who is always banging on about how broken they are.. whilst he runs around never dying on Shadow Arts builds. Go figure.

Because good rangers with lb and reveal can invalidate the "no risks" shadowstep gameplay. Shadowstep + shortbow+permastealth....you basically only die if you're bad and despite all that goes around, good thieves can basically get away from anything still.

Ranger can invalidate many cheesy playstyles through a combination of ranged, mobility and good sustain.

It's an adaptable duellist with great access to ranged attacks....all the hate it gets is warranted.

I had so many runs with Wvw thieves ...permastealth...deadeyes....condi core....Wvw thieves are the last category of players that should open their mouth when it comes to balance

@bigo.9037 said:

i’m well aware lol. in wvw you just slot WS, a few commanders pieces, durability runes, dolyak stance and protect me, gz you’re now tanky as kitten.

i was just referring to the kinds of players who think pure dmg “1shot” builds are ez despite the fact a single block or evade can remove over 66% of RF burst, meanwhile they run full sustain, can make lots of mistakes without being punished for it.

I mean this is normal, in this game you get punished for trying to deal damage.If you make 2 exact same dps builds, and one uses berserker, while the other takes demolisher, you lose by default.And this applies to skills, traits, and runes above all else. And since you get an edge by being tanky, both people go tanky and nobody ever dies.And that 1 person that wants to have fun playing the game, goes glass and tries to do damage just fucking dies to random passive procs of damage from all the tanks.

Kind of a Shroedinger's Ranger issue here. FWIW I play ranger and necro builds on the side. Yes, there are imbalances to how certain ranger builds can be built that definitely need to be reigned in. Yes, these builds get used to troll, and thus the forum QQ. Yes, it has to do with specific weapon skills, an elite skill, and/or a particular utility skill.

Or you can build something annoyingly tanky or slippery that has perma protection uptime, barrier, reduced condition damage, and multiple disengage skills while still having the option to pew pew from 1500 away after a weapon swap.

All that can be true and still have scenarios where you by your own admission and me by my own prior experience playing necro can somehow wreck a ranger even though necro is supposed to be weak to ranger. That is because there are a lot of bad players in WvW, and if you are even halfway decent you can mop them up on a class that is supposedly weak in the matchup. That does not mean there are not broken parts to Ranger and its E-Specs. The same can be said for a couple of classes during this meta.

But this also does not mean that there are parts of Ranger and its especs that aren't in need of buffing either. Its just another example of how the Feb2020 balance was utter garbage.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Kind of a Shroedinger's Ranger issue here. FWIW I play ranger and necro builds on the side. Yes, there are imbalances to how certain ranger builds can be built that definitely need to be reigned in. Yes, these builds get used to troll, and thus the forum QQ. Yes, it has to do with specific weapon skills, an elite skill, and/or a particular utility skill.

Or you can build something annoyingly tanky or slippery that has perma protection uptime, barrier, reduced condition damage, and multiple disengage skills while still having the option to pew pew from 1500 away after a weapon swap.

All that can be true and still have scenarios where you by your own admission and me by my own prior experience playing necro can somehow wreck a ranger even though necro is supposed to be weak to ranger. That is because there are a lot of bad players in WvW, and if you are even halfway decent you can mop them up on a class that is supposedly weak in the matchup. That does not mean there are not broken parts to Ranger and its E-Specs. The same can be said for a couple of classes during this meta.

But this also does not mean that there are parts of Ranger and its especs that aren't in need of buffing either. Its just another example of how the Feb2020 balance was utter garbage.

Don't you notice how things don't add up? If I can wreck rangers after only using necro for 60 hrs ( seriously I love this class now, everything click together beatifully, from core to scourge, amazing traitlines and easy to digest gameplay ) it means that some credit should be given to those who actually win while using ranger...like with every other class, this is what I am trying to get to with this thread, people who jump on ranger don't automatically become roaming gods and ofc I am not a roaming god but I do believe to be just a tad above average, enough to run multiple builds on multiple class even when slighty outnumbered.

The class is undeniably strong and like some other professions may require some nerfs more than buffs but it's by no mean the overlord hardcounter for necro, I have plenty of ways to cut that distance through dodge or sheer absorbtion of all RF burst with shroud ( soulreaping - Eternal Life and death or blood...I never run short of shroud ) and once I get on top of the ranger, 8 times out of 10 I win easy

Against some good reapers , I had to kite for dear life while using ranger in order to win and most times I didn't even manage to win ( fought this death reaper, super tanky and with very high dmg still ) so yeah most of the times the complaints againt this class are overly exagerated even if warranted

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Kind of a Shroedinger's Ranger issue here. FWIW I play ranger and necro builds on the side. Yes, there are imbalances to how certain ranger builds can be built that definitely need to be reigned in. Yes, these builds get used to troll, and thus the forum QQ. Yes, it has to do with specific weapon skills, an elite skill, and/or a particular utility skill.

Don't you notice how things don't add up? If I can wreck rangers after only using necro for 60 hrs ( seriously I love this class now, everything click together beatifully, from core to scourge, amazing traitlines and easy to digest gameplay ) it means that some credit should be given to those who actually win while using ranger...like with every other class, this is what I am trying to get to with this thread, people who jump on ranger don't automatically become roaming gods and ofc I am not a roaming god but I do believe to be just a tad above average, enough to run multiple builds on multiple class even when slighty outnumbered.That also has a lot to do with the fact that you KNOW ranger and what to look out for, so you are able to play to its weaknesses better even on Necro, as well as Necro being fairly easy to pick up and play with. I am also not a roaming god, but you play often enough you start to see the combos as they play out, and if you play against the same person enough you know what they will do and you start to preemptively counter them. A lot of players don't change their build on the fly.The class is undeniably strong and like some other professions may require some nerfs more than buffs but it's by no mean the overlord hardcounter for necro, I have plenty of ways to cut that distance through dodge or sheer absorbtion of all RF burst with shroud ( soulreaping - Eternal Life and death or blood...I never run short of shroud ) and once I get on top of the ranger, 8 times out of 10 I win easyYou would be surprised how many rangers never notice Corrosive Poison Cloud. I'll drop it at their feet inside their camp
with RI
dash in with Reaper Shroud2, rip them apart, and stomp them before I ever get low on health from the Vet Supervisor hitting me. But in theory? Yes an average LB+GS Soulbeast should easily beat an average necro. That doesn't mean a good necro can't kill a good ranger.Against some good reapers , I had to kite for dear life while using ranger in order to win and most times I didn't even manage to win ( fought this death reaper, super tanky and with very high dmg still ) so yeah most of the times the complaints againt this class are overly exagerated even if warranted.See my original comment. There are individual things that need tuning down still, not just on ranger mind you, and it is possible for individual OP things to exist on a class while at the same time an individual player can have a tough match versus what is considered a class they should counter.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Don't you notice how things don't add up? If I can wreck rangers after only using necro for 60 hrs ( seriously I love this class now, everything click together beatifully, from core to scourge, amazing traitlines and easy to digest gameplay ) it means that some credit should be given to those who actually win while using ranger...like with every other class, this is what I am trying to get to with this thread, people who jump on ranger don't automatically become roaming gods and ofc I am not a roaming god but I do believe to be just a tad above average, enough to run multiple builds on multiple class even when slighty outnumbered.That also has a lot to do with the fact that you KNOW ranger and what to look out for, so you are able to play to its weaknesses better even on Necro, as well as Necro being fairly easy to pick up and play with. I am also not a roaming god, but you play often enough you start to see the combos as they play out, and if you play against the same person enough you know what they will do and you start to preemptively counter them. A lot of players don't change their build on the fly.The class is undeniably strong and like some other professions may require some nerfs more than buffs but it's by no mean the overlord hardcounter for necro, I have plenty of ways to cut that distance through dodge or sheer absorbtion of all RF burst with shroud ( soulreaping - Eternal Life and death or blood...I never run short of shroud ) and once I get on top of the ranger, 8 times out of 10 I win easyYou would be surprised how many rangers never notice Corrosive Poison Cloud. I'll drop it at their feet inside their camp
with RI
dash in with Reaper Shroud2, rip them apart, and stomp them before I ever get low on health from the Vet Supervisor hitting me. But in theory? Yes an average LB+GS Soulbeast should easily beat an average necro. That doesn't mean a good necro can't kill a good ranger.Against some good reapers , I had to kite for dear life while using ranger in order to win and most times I didn't even manage to win ( fought this death reaper, super tanky and with very high dmg still ) so yeah most of the times the complaints againt this class are overly exagerated even if warranted.See my original comment. There are individual things that need tuning down still, not just on ranger mind you, and it is possible for individual OP things to exist on a class while at the same time an individual player can have a tough match versus what is considered a class they should counter.

at decently high level play, everyone knows what to look out for, so knowing the class doesn’t really mean anything.. it’s all about the mind games and how you’re able to utilize combos and surprises your enemy wasn’t ready for. core necro can kill rangers. power scourges can kill rangers. reapers can.especially reapers with boon duration and commanders stats.

people also underestimate reaper as a duelist cus they are used to seeing it in a blob, and the blob players usually don’t know how to fight on their own. but you see a skilled necro player and they can be a serious challenge regardless of whether you know the class or not.

ranger used to be considered garbage, a noob class that only noobs ( who were bad ) player, with low skill ceiling. i remember not many years ago when necros would rush to 1v1 me cus all they heard about ranger was that it was trash so they thought i was free loot.

do i think ranger is OP? not really. it has a tad bit too much sustain from dolyaks stance and a nerf to that will probably be enough to put ranger in its rightful place as this settles the sustain aspect of ranger/soulbeast.the damage is much more complicated. on full zerk players i can 100-0 people from mounts if i pop OWP and sicem with just 1 rapidfire, but if someone has 2600 armor and high protection uptime.. my damage is like, 1/3. i think damage calculation in this game is the root cause of many problems because the difference is too high with the right setups.