Price fixing in Market Mystic Coins

@valhalahunter.9863 said:Is Anet going to do something about this BLATANT price fixing. This is making an unfair experience to everyone that doesn't have DEEP pockets. A few of the top, Pieces of unidentified gear, all three flavors and this one is beyond unacceptable... Mystic coins. I think you should put a cap on these prices, so they can't be sold higher(which is only fair since it is unfair right now) or find what guild or group of people doing this and suspend their accounts. I have never been on to complain, but come on, I just want an even playing field like everyone else. Mystic coins LOCKED at 2G-420073 ordered. This isn't a supply and demand issue.

Best way to make this fair is to create an NPC that only sells Mystic Coins at 1g each. The value would never go higher.

@Caitybee.3614 said:

@valhalahunter.9863 said:Is Anet going to do something about this BLATANT price fixing. This is making an unfair experience to everyone that doesn't have DEEP pockets. A few of the top, Pieces of unidentified gear, all three flavors and this one is beyond unacceptable... Mystic coins. I think you should put a cap on these prices, so they can't be sold higher(which is only fair since it is unfair right now) or find what guild or group of people doing this and suspend their accounts. I have never been on to complain, but come on, I just want an even playing field like everyone else. Mystic coins LOCKED at 2G-420073 ordered. This isn't a supply and demand issue.

Best way to make this fair is to create an NPC that only sells Mystic Coins at 1g each. The value would never go higher.

Define fair.

This is beneficial to players who need Mystic Coins. It is disadvantages to players who sell Mystic Coins (and that does not include only traders). So, which side are you trying to be fair towards atm?

@Caitybee.3614 said:

That's not the best way to make it fair. The BEST way to make this fair is the way it's currently implemented ... market determines the price.

@Cuks.8241 said:

@"Jwake.7013" said:Also having gold for the sake of having gold is kinda meaningless, at least to me. Ok so I'm rich, now what? (I"m talking in a video game).Well, this goes just as well in real life.

Actually, in real life you can do a lot of stuff with money that you couldn't do otherwise, like start up your own company and even change the future of mankind/planet.

We are sitting in front of PCs because of a very rich man who shaped the world closer to his liking by using his wealth.

Hardly a turn off for new players.. if anything a new player will think"Whoa!! I got these free coins today and they're worth a couple gold each!! i'll have tons of gold by the end of the month if I sell them all and do my dailies"

The only people it "sucks" for are those who are impatient and can't be bothered to save up their coins to get the things they want and would rather blow all their gold on them instead.

Even legendary's are no excuse.. they're supposed to be long term goals that you work on little by little.. hell it takes a good chunk of players around several months to a year or two to actually make one.Only time I bother making them these days is if I already have the stockpile of mats on hand and I want a chunk of quick gold by selling one..If I genuinely want one for myself I'll slowly work on it over months, not only because it saves a ton of gold but it feels far far far!! more rewarding when I do finally make it.

The work and time you put in to something always makes it more valuable than the money you spend on it.. it makes you appreciate it more because it was hard and took so long to obtain.. or to put it simply, you earned!! it.

@Tiilimon.6094 said:

@"Jwake.7013" said:Also having gold for the sake of having gold is kinda meaningless, at least to me. Ok so I'm rich, now what? (I"m talking in a video game).Well, this goes just as well in real life.

Actually, in real life you can do a lot of stuff with money that you couldn't do otherwise, like start up your own company and even change the future of mankind/planet.

We are sitting in front of PCs because of a very rich man who shaped the world closer to his liking by using his wealth.

...and that's what he was saying? If the rich person just sits ongold money, they change, achieve and gain nothing. The reason they can change/get something is because they're using the money.

• Confused 1

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Caitybee.3614 said:Best way to make this fair is to create an NPC that only sells Mystic Coins at 1g each. The value would never go higher.

That's not the best way to make it fair. The BEST way to make this fair is the way it's currently implemented ... market determines the price.

I agree completely. If they did what Caitybee suggests, they might as well just remove Mystic Coins from the game.

Edited to add: Price fixing never works. Never. It just results in problems that require more artificial manipulation of the market. Which cascades into even more artificial manipulation of the market, by the powers that be, being required. This is a problem that has been repeated throughout human history in real life. Why do we still refuse to learn from history?

@Sobx.1758 said:

...and that's what he was saying? If the rich person just sits on
gold
money, they change, achieve and gain nothing. The reason they can change/get something is because they're using the money.

You can not change anything in the game even if you got a billion gold pieces, the game doesnt have such mechanics so irl comparisons dont really work. That was kinda my point.

@Tiilimon.6094 said:

gold
money, they change, achieve and gain nothing. The reason they can change/get something is because they're using the money.

You can not change anything in the game even if you got a billion gold pieces, the game doesnt have such mechanics so irl comparisons dont really work. That was kinda my point.

Ok, but the point that was being made there was:"Also having gold for the sake of having gold is kinda meaningless, at least to me. Ok so I'm rich, now what? (I"m talking in a video game)."

And in this context it isn't a bad comparison regardless of the impact you might have by using gold/money in both examples. He didn't say "you can change so much if you use it!" he said "just hoarding gold/money is kinda meaningless". Because it is.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

gold

Ok, but the point that was being made there was:"Also having gold for the sake of having gold is kinda meaningless, at least to me. Ok so I'm rich, now what? (I"m talking in a video game)."

And in this context it isn't a bad comparison regardless of the impact you might have by using gold/money in both examples. He didn't say "you can change so much if you use it!" he said "just hoarding gold/money is kinda meaningless". Because it is.

Well you're both right. At least my part. I agreed that sitting on gold/money is useless. I didnt write it but actualy thought exactly what Tiilimon said. At least you can do smth with hoards of money irl.