DRM Snowden Drifts challenges and the future

TheQuickFox.3826

I just hope that the next Living World legendary item won't require the DRM Snowden Drifts challenge achievement as pre-requirement because after many attempts I have to conclude that I absolutely lack the skill to complete it in time with all challenges activated.

There is just too much AOE going on at the ground for my poor brain to manage it and when I keep dodging I keep cancelling my own spells which results in low DPS. When I don't dodge and tank the damage I die. When I switch to bunker build I make it but need 3 times the challenge timer. No fixing the mission will save me here, I just lack the skill.

On it's own, this is fine. Not every player can complete everything. I get that. But with the last living world legendaries, achievements like this one usually were a pre-requirement. I hope to at least get the reassurance that this achievement won't be a requirement for the meta achievements leading to the next legendary item. (Whatever it may be, we don't know it as nothing has been announced)

Q: Don't you have any skill in GW2?A: I certainly have some, but it has its limits. I completed all strike missions and all other dragon response missions with all challenges on. I got 32K AP. sPvP Gold-1. PvP dragon rank. All masteries. GWAMM in GW1. Raids are generally beyond my abilities because the mechanics get too complex for my brain to handle them in time.

What makes you think the next legendary trinket (specifically amulet/ring since PvE ) is going to be living world based when we are getting an expansion this year?

In actuality if you look at the pattern it would likely be either the meta achievement (which means with additional DRMs slated for release you could probably get it without full top responder that requires CM) or item unlocks anyway due to the way achievements are typically coded in GW2.

Example Item unlocks for Icebrood Saga:

• Prologue (Bound by Blood) - "/Rockout" Emote Tome , Legion Banner Skins, Voice of Metal, Shoulders of the Ebon Vanguard , Festival VIP title which has no use right now, High Legion weapons less likely (Merchandise Collector reworked), currency= hatched chili
  • Whisper in the Dark - Prize of the Boneskinner Skin (Ancient + Restored Boreal Weapons are a subset of this) , Raven's Eye , Dragonrender , currency= eternal ice shards and/or eitrite ingot
  • Shadow in the Ice - "/Shiver" Emote Tome , Illuminated Boreal weapons less likely due to being in collections tab, Still Waters Fishing Rod , Raven Ceremonial armor less likely due to TP availability, Drakkar instead of Drakkar world boss weapons which are a random drop, currency = eternal ice shards and/or eitrite ingot
  • Steel and Fire - Steel Warband Banner Skin , Commander of Your Heart , weapons of steel ("Footsteps" collections), Runic Armor and Cape, Stone Summit armor unlikely due to droprate , currency = prophet shards
  • No Quarter - "/Playdead" Emote Tome , Stormcaller weapons, Tengu echo weapons, Bear ceremonial armor , Charr legion backpacks, currency = war supplies (likely indirectly via purchase), charr commendations unlikely to be utilized
  • Jormag Rising - Dominion Tribune Manica , "/Shiverplus" Emote Tome (sub achievement), Ancient Norn Cape Pin (Otter), Charged Stormcaller weapons , Empowered Boneskinner weapons , currency = Memory of Otter since Shard of Crystallized Blood of Jormag and Special Mission Documents are are not accountbound
  • Champions (Truce , Power , Balance , Judgment) - "/Stretch" Emote Tome , Dragon Slayer weapon skins , Volcanic Stormcaller Armaments Collector unlikely due to being random drop , currency = Tyrian Defense Seal , Prismaticite Crystal unlikely to be utilized directly--- Crystal Bloom Axe, Exalted Sniping Bow , Hawk Trident Skin, Deldrimor Stoneskin Infusion

It would be extremely pricey if a mystic tribute (~900 gold + 77 clovers) is added on top of crafted weapon collections. Charged Stormcaller weapons alone are around 1K gold , Illuminated Boreal if they are included cost about 500 gold, Dragon slayer around 400 gold if you earn the Prismaticite Crystal (tack on another 200-300 gold if you don't), Stormcaller around 300 gold, Tengu echo around 200 gold. If you don't grind out Cold War strike and Bear Ceremonial armor ends up being part of it, tack on the roughly 300 gold for the set.

If anything I think WvW needs a legendary accessory without effects first and it is probably far easier to implement using the existing itemization of emblems ,gift of battle, and war commendation. One-off PvE items are generally negative for build making because you can only use them on one character at a time at least until the legendary armory is delivered. Putting the amulet behind PvP only resulted in people that do not care about PvP in the mode and PvP isn't even gear based.

P.S. that's a clickbait title because it really has nothing to do with Snowden Drifts DRM

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:I just hope that the next Living World legendary item won't require the DRM Snowden Drifts challenge achievement as pre-requirement because after many attempts I have to conclude that I absolutely lack the skill to complete it in time with all challenges activated.

There is just too much AOE going on at the ground for my poor brain to manage it and when I keep dodging I keep cancelling my own spells which results in low DPS. When I don't dodge and tank the damage I die. When I switch to bunker build I make it but need 3 times the challenge timer. No fixing the mission will save me here, I just lack the skill.

On it's own, this is fine. Not every player can complete everything. I get that. But with the last living world legendaries, achievements like this one usually were a pre-requirement. I hope to at least get the reassurance that this achievement won't be a requirement for the meta achievements leading to the next legendary item. (Whatever it may be, we don't know it as nothing has been announced)Why should the top reward (a legendary item) not involve mastery of the hardest part of the content.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:I just hope that the next Living World legendary item won't require the DRM Snowden Drifts challenge achievement as pre-requirement because after many attempts I have to conclude that I absolutely lack the skill to complete it in time with all challenges activated.

On it's own, this is fine. Not every player can complete everything. I get that. But with the last living world legendaries, achievements like this one usually were a pre-requirement.
I hope to at least get the reassurance that this achievement won't be a requirement for the meta achievements leading to the next legendary item
. (Whatever it may be, we don't know it as nothing has been announced)Why should the top reward (a legendary item) not involve mastery of the hardest part of the content.

Because this is about a PvE living world legendary, and not about a raiding one. There have been enough players already that are saying they have trouble completing these specific challenges. And I like to express my hopes that it at least won't be a requirement for the next LW legendary. (If the icebrood saga will have one like the previous LW episodes had) LW always targeted a broader public and I hope the leggy will do that as well.

@Infusion.7149 said:What makes you think the next legendary trinket (specifically amulet/ring since PvE has) is going to be living world based when we are getting an expansion this year?

What makes you think there won't be based on that? LS3 ended two months before PoF launched of the same year and had a legendary item tied to it.

It would be extremely pricey if a mystic tribute (~900 gold + 77 clovers) is added on top of crafted weapon collections. Charged Stormcaller weapons alone are around 1K gold , Illuminated Boreal if they are included cost about 500 gold, Dragon slayer around 400 gold if you earn the Prismaticite Crystal (tack on another 200-300 gold if you don't), Stormcaller around 300 gold, Tengu echo around 200 gold. If you don't grind out Cold War strike and Bear Ceremonial armor ends up being part of it, tack on the roughly 300 gold for the set.

It could be like the LS4 collections which only required a few to be crafted. The Istan astral weapons being a good example.

P.S. that's a clickbait title because it really has nothing to do with Snowden Drifts DRM

Their title wasn't click bait if you read their post completely in order to see what they're getting at.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"Infusion.7149" said:What makes you think the next legendary trinket (specifically amulet/ring since PvE has) is going to be living world based when we are getting an expansion this year?

What makes you think there won't be based on that? LS3 ended two months before PoF launched of the same year and had a legendary item tied to it.

It could be like the LS4 collections which only required a few to be crafted. The Istan astral weapons being a good example.

Their title wasn't click bait if you read their post completely in order to see what they're getting at.

And I addressed that directly with

In actuality if you look at the pattern it would likely be either the meta achievement (which means with additional DRMs slated for release you could probably get it without full top responder that requires CM)

Just putting it into perspective of what could happen since people keep saying that the dragon slayer weapons and other weapon collections "are unwanted and useless".

@Infusion.7149 said:

@Infusion.7149 said:What makes you think the next legendary trinket (specifically amulet/ring since PvE has) is going to be living world based when we are getting an expansion this year?

And I addressed that directly with

In actuality if you look at the pattern it would likely be either the meta achievement (which means with additional DRMs slated for release you could probably get it without full top responder that requires CM)

Just putting it into perspective of what could happen since people keep saying that the dragon slayer weapons and other weapon collections "are unwanted and useless".

You didn't though as what you just quoted has nothing to do with parts of your post that I quoted nor my response to it. That post was primarily disputing there being Legendary trinket at then end of the season rather than whether the Snowden CM achievement would be needed.

EDIT: Rephrased/shortened post