Worth tp buy lvl 80 BOOST?

Hmm, I guess it would depend on what your goal is. If you want to experience content, I'd say level your character normally. If on the other hand, there is some specific level 80 content that you are interested in or you want to group with friends who are level 80, then a level boost may be appropriate. Be careful though, as your ranger will still have gear that may be subpar for level 80 content.

As you have a lvl 40 boost (and most likely some Tomes of Knowledge and Writs of Experience) I would recommend using those and leveling the rest by yourself. You probably also have some Experience Boosters (or food, banners, guild buff) which will speed up the process as well.

@"voltaicbore.8012" said:I'd prioritize re-learning the game, and learning ranger from the ground up. This is another one of those "if you have to ask, it's probably not a good idea" sort of things. I've never once seen a new or returning player use an 80 boost and have it work out well.

Very well put.

@Lousian.4927 said:Hy,i want to come back in gw 2 .I have 4 characters lvl 80 ( revenant,necromancer,mesmer and elementalist) i was thinking to buy boost for ranger.Worth it? How long take me to lvl from 40 to 80? I have 1 token to lvl 40 instant.Ty

Hello !

Tbh it depend on you mostly.When I came back on GW2 after many year on other mmorpg, I didn't have the faith to level up a char AGAIN, not because it's long or so, but because it boring to play with only few skill.I know many people will say : BuT yOu DidN'T lEaRn tHe ClAsSe.... Gnnn...Took me only few day to be good enough to solo most meta/champ/leg boutny with the 3 char I boosted : Ele, mesmer and thief.So.. Yeah, this game isn't hard at all.Then later once I got more time and got less bored to level up more char I just level some more in the normal way.

So, it's up to you, just go for whatever is the less boring to you, it's just a game.

@"Orack.9756" said:I know many people will say : BuT yOu DidN'T lEaRn tHe ClAsSe.... Gnnn...

Actually, that has nothing to do with it. In fact, most veteran players with their thousands of tomes and scrolls likely don't care how you got to 80. Getting to 80 is no achievement. It never was.

The common perception and recurring issue, which occasionally finds its way to the forums here too in form of "what now?" posts, is that players lose interest with 80 because they are stripped from a provided path and/or feel lost. That's why the usual recommendation is:"if you know what you want to do at 80, go for it. Otherwise take your time to find your way back into the game."

You are making up an issue which is none.

its worth it on a necro, as you actualy get an ok set of gear (rabid) compared to what other classes get lumped with. did one yesterday and my necro was happily running around silver wastes easily killing stuff and surviving way better than any other char did. rabid wil easily carry me now untill i fill my mastery skills :)

Unpopular personal opinion:It is not worth the money in my eyes. The time it is. lvl'n in GW2 is super boring.I've only lvled 2 or 3 characters out of 15+ in my entire Gw2 time and only really got to know my classes when I started raiding, as everything else is super easy and doesn't really require much skill. Which is why I never really bothered with my characters before, except for some fun builds for my Ele and Ranger for Open-World to farm SW as efficiently as possible.So if you don't mind the money, go for it.