Legendary Equipment and Templates - [Merged]

Ok anet wtf is wrong with you?

You announce feature such as Legendary Armory, WvW Alliances. And after years we still have nothing, and not only we got nothing, but you're gone silent. I know it's not easy work, but don't fkn tell me that you can't at the very least keep us updated.

One of the most needed and useful feature ideas in a long time, especially given how the 'new' template system made moving legendary items around so painful and yet here we are, a year later and still nothing.And not only nothing, but NO updates either, it's amazing how much some companies can really just suck at basic communication.

so im late to this and dont know if someone alredy said somenthing like this but on fear that the sistem would be over complicated why not just do and skimmer style archivemets saga (a more dificult at that considering that is legendary, new tyria mastery that requiere almost all tyria points and lots of exp) that ends with zommomos awarding to the player the posivility with a small fee (some mistic coins and trebols) to duplicate legs and done, make the sistem simple and put the dificulty on geting that final mastery so is rewarding with out thw tecnical hazzard of thinking what to do with new menus, and trasmutations etc, yes is maybe not the most elegant system but so wat, is way more simple at least in my eye and idealy would give some more love to tyria mastery and history behind the mystic forge maybe??

I only recently found out about these plans and i am very happy with this development... Since i found out, i thought it would be good if i were to go and get all legendary trinkets (still working on first)...Question: Will the non visual legendary trinkets (Slumbering Transcendence and Slumbering Conflux) also be available if you create the final product with the visual or will you have to create the Slumbering version again for both to be available?

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:We want to talk a little about our plans for the next update that will affect the suite of templates features, and gather your feedback about what you hope to see from it.

We’re calling it the Legendary Armory.

Here’s a quick description of how it will work—when you bind a legendary item to your account, it will be added to the Legendary Armory. Any legendary item that is added to the Legendary Armory will become available for use by all the characters across your entire account at the same time. This removes the need for you to swap legendary equipment between characters through your bank or shared inventory. This feature will also come with updates to Equipment Template functionality to make it easier to copy the configuration of equipped legendary items from one Equipment Template to another template on the same character.

Here are our goals for the Legendary Armory feature:

• Make it feel more valuable to earn and use legendary equipment, while also making it easier to use legendary items with the Equipment Template feature.
  • Remove the need for players to swap account-bound legendary items between characters.
  • Make it easier to copy the configuration of equipped legendary items from one Equipment Template tab to another template on the same character.

Let us know your thoughts in this thread. Thank you all!

Happy Anniversary :) any chance for some info ? pretty please

Can we tie all Hero Panel items to the equipment template? Leave build templates alone like they are now. I ask this because I would like to have color themes to each of my templates and it would be really nice if Mounts, Mount Dyes, Glider, Glider Dyes, Mini's ect would be linked to the equipment template so when you change your template everything would change with it.

Example: I have a equipment template where my characters base color is white and I would like my mounts and gliders to match that. Then I have another template that is green and black and I would like my mounts and gliders to match this as well.

The way the current system is your mount skins / dyes and glider skins / dyes are for all of your templates for each character. I would like these to be just as customizable as the purposed equipment templates are going to be.

• 2 weeks later...

@Excursion.9752 said:Can we tie all Hero Panel items to the equipment template? Leave build templates alone like they are now. I ask this because I would like to have color themes to each of my templates and it would be really nice if Mounts, Mount Dyes, Glider, Glider Dyes, Mini's ect would be linked to the equipment template so when you change your template everything would change with it.

Example: I have a equipment template where my characters base color is white and I would like my mounts and gliders to match that. Then I have another template that is green and black and I would like my mounts and gliders to match this as well.

The way the current system is your mount skins / dyes and glider skins / dyes are for all of your templates for each character. I would like these to be just as customizable as the purposed equipment templates are going to be.

This would clearly be the superior option, evolving fashion wars on a whole new level: you would by default have 2 hero panel slots, with all their mounts skins, mount dyes, gliders, dyes, ect, and buying a new equipment slot would be used to unlock a whole new page to customize your character with a new color scheme, new overall there, everything

It would make equipment page more attractive to buy, especially to people who doesn't raid and have only one armor, they could buy it only to have a new skin page,that would help selling more mount skins and glider skins, and even novelties and all, as for now you have a maximum of 1 per character, and 1 per archetype would make options so much wider..

Overall, great idea, for players, for the game economy, and makes the whole leg armory not totally destroy fashion wars.10/10

I hype this so much as the SAB level 3. It would bring so much into my GW2 feeling. Honestly. I hate having 543o8u5435u438954359 armors on one character because of 45943u589435 builds. Therefore a legendary is just awesome. But switchting it between characters it totally anoying. I did that one time. Never ever again. Since that I have one character with a legendary armor and the rest has those 454354353 armors since I'm sick of crafing multiple ones for one armor class and won't switch them because it destroys the templates and taktes so much effort. Bring it better yesterday than tomorrow! :+1:

@Balsa.3951 said:

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:We want to talk a little about our plans for the next update that will affect the suite of templates features, and gather your feedback about what you hope to see from it.

We’re calling it the Legendary Armory.

Here’s a quick description of how it will work—when you bind a legendary item to your account, it will be added to the Legendary Armory. Any legendary item that is added to the Legendary Armory will become available for use by all the characters across your entire account at the same time. This removes the need for you to swap legendary equipment between characters through your bank or shared inventory. This feature will also come with updates to Equipment Template functionality to make it easier to copy the configuration of equipped legendary items from one Equipment Template to another template on the same character.

Here are our goals for the Legendary Armory feature:
  • Make it feel more valuable to earn and use legendary equipment, while also making it easier to use legendary items with the Equipment Template feature.
  • Remove the need for players to swap account-bound legendary items between characters.
  • Make it easier to copy the configuration of equipped legendary items from one Equipment Template tab to another template on the same character.

Let us know your thoughts in this thread. Thank you all!

Happy Anniversary :) any chance for some info ? pretty please

Checking in at Anniversary +1 monthish

@Rhokaz.1975 said:I hype this so much as the SAB level 3. It would bring so much into my GW2 feeling. Honestly. I hate having 543o8u5435u438954359 armors on one character because of 45943u589435 builds. Therefore a legendary is just awesome. But switchting it between characters it totally anoying. I did that one time. Never ever again. Since that I have one character with a legendary armor and the rest has those 454354353 armors since I'm sick of crafing multiple ones for one armor class and won't switch them because it destroys the templates and taktes so much effort. Bring it better yesterday than tomorrow! :+1:

Absolutely this comment. I switched legendaries to another character and never again. It is soo much hassel it makes legendaries feel like you were punished for spending all that gold. It is because of this that the armory is necessary, to update the existing template system to create less hassel. This should be priority one alongside the xpac.

@"Fire Attunement.9835" said:We’re calling it the Legendary Armory.

I think at this stage a new naming is in order, how about:

Imaginary Armory

or

No Update Armory

or, Ooo I know

"Fake News" Armory

Seriously guys, after all this time it's gone beyond a joke, I guess nothing was learned from the WvW Alliances. You need to update your signature: "ArenaNet Non-Communications Team"......

@Anthonev.6452 said:

Imaginary Armory

or

No Update Armory

or, Ooo I know

"Fake News" Armory

Seriously guys, after all this time it's gone beyond a joke, I guess nothing was learned from the WvW Alliances. You need to update your signature: "ArenaNet Non-Communications Team"......

Chill out, dude. It's coming with the next expansion.

COPIUM

@Kyon Sama.8301 said:

Imaginary Armory

or

No Update Armory

or, Ooo I know

"Fake News" Armory

Chill out, dude. It's coming with the next expansion.

COPIUM

Do you have a source on that?Since if not then we dont know if it will come with the next expansion.It might come sure, but it might as well not come all.They were supposed to talk to us when they were further along in development of it and all we got was crickets.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that we're confirmed to be getting the armory on July 13th, I have a few questions:
Is every equip-able item included, including the "slumbering" versions and runes/sigils?

How (if at all) will adding the non-slumbering as well as the slumbering version of a legendary work?

How will armor skins work? (e.g. 1 skin set per account, 1 per character or, one per equipment tab)

If you can't customise skins per character then it's going to be useless for armour for a lot of players.

Customisation is pretty important for a lot of players and given the majority of the game is balanced around exotics so ascended/legendary is just a nice bonus it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of people will choose the ability to customise skins over sharing legendaries.

• Like 1

A friend an I were debating last night if there was limited room for legendary items like build and equipment templates. Then if you wanted more space you would have to pay for it through the gem store. Mostly because we think there is going to be a cost tied in somehow... I remember how exited everyone was for build and equipment templates until everyone realized they had to purchase them.

Edit:

I just found this

Edited by Excursion.9752

46 minutes ago, FracOMac.3647 said:

Is every equip-able item included, including the "slumbering" versions and runes/sigils?

How (if at all) will adding the non-slumbering as well as the slumbering version of a legendary work?

You'll probably just have multiple items available to select from, so you'll be able to pick slumbering or non-slumbering just like you can pick an item from your inventory or one of the items you've already saved in a different eq tab.

46 minutes ago, FracOMac.3647 said:

How will armor skins work? (e.g. 1 skin set per account, 1 per character or, one per equipment tab)

If it won't be "skin choice per equipment tab" then it'll be quite a disappointment tbh.

• Confused 1

On 5/1/2021 at 7:02 AM, Sobx.1758 said:

If it won't be "skin choice per equipment tab" then it'll be quite a disappointment tbh.

Wouldn't that just make it the same as it is now. Basically the 'skin' is on the gear the toon has, which is used across its equipment tabs. Sure it would be nice to be able to change the look, along with any stats, etc on Legendary items, but not a massive deal if you can't.

Of course if you can't change the skin between different toons, even if they are all 'using the same' Legendary light armor, that would be a bigger deal.

On a side note, I wonder if it's possible or how hard it would be to treat unlimited gathering tools as 'Legendry items'. Being able to share the tools across all toons without having to move them, then forget to unslot or wonder which darn toon you left them on, etc would be a big QoL and seem to fit pretty well with the whole Legendary Armory.