Stuff you have never been sure of.

Why do I have to type in stuff like 'Misty Colour Of Coral Red Shores' to delete a dye, or, ' Long sword Of Two Bit's Bottom' for a weapon? It's just to much work man.Trophy's. What good are they apart from you having to spend a hour destroying them every day?What does it mean when the stats heading from a rune on your armour is green or blue but all the stats are in white?Why can I not break down stuff that soul bound? Is soul bound another word for super glue making it impossible to disassemble, and why would you use super glue on your armour anyway?Where is my consumable cool down clock?

This sort of stuff I don't know and I have played GW2 on and off from the start and none of it is mention on YT vids and the like.What stuff in the game still alludes you?

Yeah. This is a security measuere - with having to type in the name. So people won't accidentally delete stuff and contact the support too much about it. Though it is pretty weird/inconsistent. Even for buying stuff at the shop you have confirmation popups where you need to confirm. But only for certain stuff.

And this is not only about hard to earn stuff or expensive stuff. On the other hand some expensive stuff does not have this confirmation: I could buy the Urn for the ascended banner in Kourna for 500 shards and was surprised that there was no confirmation popup. For most people 500 shards (map currency) is a ton of stuff.

For trading the Mystic Forge Stones (that I got a lot from achievement reward chests without having any further need for them since buying the salvage-o-mats) into provisioner tokens I do not need the confirmation popup. Still there is one.

"Trophies" usually are stuff to sell to vendors. If you mean the "junk" items: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trophythat often appear as drop. I think they had been intended as additional source of money for selling them to the vendor. Pretty pointless though ... compared to other means of earning money. Especially nowadays with lots more of other options. (Well ... besides a few exceptions. Fractals for example also drop these kind of items in their fractal encryptions. And they sell for a lot of silver or even 1.2 gold the most expensive one. I think. Per item.)

I do not know exactly what you mean about the rune and the color. I only know that the boni that you have reached are colored blue. For example a superior rune always has 6 steps. If you equipe 4 of the same rune it will show 4/6 of those things colored. (Usually you want a full set cause the 6 thing has a unique bonus.) Remember: While underwater the aquabreather item replaces the head item/helmet. Yo you need a 7th rune to place there if you want the full bonus underwater.

Soulbound can be salavged. It depends on the item itself and maybe how it was earned. Some can be salvaged. Some cannot.

For consumables like food I do not think there is a cooldown. You can immediately use them again but it replaces the still existing buff (if there is still one). The remaining duration of food buff is shown in the UI there it shows your boons (quickness, swiftness and other stuff) and conditions.

For stuff that summnons an NPC I think there is a 30 minutes cooldown. (Some items can summon some helper NPC.) I think there also is some info in the bar with the boons/conditions with a timer as long as the 30 minutes are running ... preventing you from using that item again.

if anyone hacks you and wants to be a !@#k about it, it will help slow them down and also incase you accidentally put destroy on the wrong item. soulbound was, i think same as the first one for hackers? can't remember. think there's a icon that pops up for the cooldown,lol.

as for your final question... everything does,lmao XD .

GW2 does not have monthly fees. Support was getting flooded by requests cause people accidentally deleted stuff. This costed money otherwise used for development.One trick to circumvent typing it out is:1: type /wiki in chat, do not press enter2: shift+click on the item and press enter3: the wiki page opens. select and ctrl+c the title4: delete the item and use ctrl+v to paste the name in.

Yeah, I made a suit of armour for a character then stuck runes in the slots, the runes I think were blue and the stats healing, toughness, vitality and the like shown up blue. That was all but the chest piece, the stats on that were all in white. I don't get it, I know there's a explanation but I don't get it.GW2 can get very confusing . Like you said some of the soul bound can be dissembled but others cannot. Some of the trophy's can be sold, some cannot. It makes life in the game fiddly sometimes.

@Joote.4081 said:Why do I have to type in stuff like 'Misty Colour Of Coral Red Shores' to delete a dye, or, ' Long sword Of Two Bit's Bottom' for a weapon? It's just to much work man.

Because the game thinks that item is important, difficult or impossible to get back or may have cost real money to buy and doesn't want you to delete it by accident and then contact Support and have them restore it (which takes time and money). Making you type the name in means you know exactly what you're deleting and can't do it by accident.

It is overused and sometimes conflicts with other systems (like gem store items which unlock instantly in the wardrobe, but then you've got the item stuck in your inventory as well and have to manually delete it), but the system itself is there for a good reason.

@Joote.4081 said:Trophy's. What good are they apart from you having to spend a hour destroying them every day?

There's two types of trophies. Ones with grey names are 'junk' items which can be sold to vendors for coin. They exist because players don't notice tiny bits of money dropping into their wallet and feel like they got nothing, but they do notice a bunch of items they can sell and how much they add up to. Ones with white names are used for events or hearts - you're supposed to give them to an NPC as part of doing the heart or event. If you have any left over at the end of the event they can just be deleted.

If you're not sure what a specific item is for you can look it up on the Wiki (in game you can type /wiki [items name] into chat to be taken straight to it's page - for example /wiki dull claw takes you to the page for Dull Claw which tells you it has no use except to count towards the Trash Collector achievement, but each one you get is worth 9c.

@Joote.4081 said:What does it mean when the stats heading from a rune on your armour is green or blue but all the stats are in white?

That's two separate systems.

The colour of the item's name shows you it's rarity (which is also near the bottom of the description). Rarity for equipment goes common (white), fine (blue), masterwork (green), rare (yellow), exotic (orange) ascended/legendary (pink/purple) with each tier having better stats than the one below. (Ascended and legendary go together because they have identical stats.) So in general a higher rarity is better, but it also depends on the level requirement and whether the stats are useful for your character.

The stats are usually shown in white unless you're comparing two items by having one equipped and hovering the mouse over one which could go into the same slot. Then stats are shown in green if they're higher, red if they're lower and white if they're the same. So in general if you pick up a new item, compare the two and all the stats on the new one are in green that means it's better, but again it matters what those stats are as well. If both items have different stats then both will show in green - say for example one gives +9 power and one gives +10 healing power they'll both be green because with the first your power will be higher and with the second your healing power will be higher. Then you need to think about which is most important for you - in this case do you want to do more direct damage or more healing?

Runes also have an additional system not seen in other equipment. These are designed to mimic the set bonuses you might have seen in other games where you get extra benefits from wearing matching pieces, but without restricting your customisation. So runes will list up to 6 effects and at first they'll all be in grey, then as you apply more of the same rune to different pieces of your armour they'll change to white, showing that you've got that bonus. If you want all the bonuses you need 6 matching runes (one on each armour piece), if you only want the first few you can swap in pieces from another set instead.

@Joote.4081 said:Why can I not break down stuff that soul bound? Is soul bound another word for super glue making it impossible to disassemble, and why would you use super glue on your armour anyway?

Some soul bound equipment (but not all), usually stuff from level up and story rewards cannot be sold or salvaged. That's because it's intended to be a reward for you to use while levelling up, but not a way of farming gold or materials by making new characters to get repeat rewards. As far as I remember the only other time you get soul bound equipment which can't be salvaged is from karma merchants, which again is because the idea is that you use karma to buy things to use, not to turn it into gold or materials. But they can be put in the Mystic Forge to give you a random other item. Or deleted if you don't need them any more and don't want to go to LA.

@Joote.4081 said:Where is my consumable cool down clock?

I'm not sure what that is. Active effects from consumables are shown along with your other boons and conditions to the right of your health. When food runs out the icon changes to the purple version with a bite out of the apple, to remind you to use more, but other consumables just expire and you can see they're gone because the effect isn't shown any more.

@mercury ranique.2170 said:GW2 does not have monthly fees. Support was getting flooded by requests cause people accidentally deleted stuff. This costed money otherwise used for development.One trick to circumvent typing it out is:1: type /wiki in chat, do not press enter2: shift+click on the item and press enter3: the wiki page opens. select and ctrl+c the title4: delete the item and use ctrl+v to paste the name in.

Can't you just shift+click to put the name into the chat box and then copy it from there? (Before pushing enter, I know you can't copy text that's been posted.)

It's been a while and I can't log in to check now but I'm sure I've done that before.

• Like 1

@"Joote.4081" said:Why do I have to type in stuff like 'Misty Colour Of Coral Red Shores' to delete a dye, or, ' Long sword Of Two Bit's Bottom' for a weapon? It's just to much work man.

Those are probably rare or unobtainable by other means, so it asks you to be sure.

Trophy's. What good are they apart from you having to spend a hour destroying them every day?

Sell junk button on merchants. Sell them. Or salvage them for materials. Don't delete those, they're valuable!

What does it mean when the stats heading from a rune on your armour is green or blue but all the stats are in white?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Item

Why can I not break down stuff that soul bound? Is soul bound another word for super glue making it impossible to disassemble, and why would you use super glue on your armour anyway?

You absolutely can break soulbound, but not the ones you got for free as part of a story rewards. It's to prevent farming for materials from doing story missions, and limits what you can do with those. It forces you to use the item as is.

Where is my consumable cool down clock?

You mean food duration? It's on the bar where your boons is, you hover your mouse over it and see the time remaining. It's a little apple icon, or the wrench icon. When it runs out, you get a Diminished effect as a reminder they ran out.

This sort of stuff I don't know and I have played GW2 on and off from the start and none of it is mention on YT vids and the like.What stuff in the game still alludes you?

Quite a bit, but like you, i post on the forums and people answer. :smile:

• 1 year later...
16 minutes ago, Yugo.1290 said:

Nothing wrong with this security. If you dont like it simply stop playing.  It is added as a safety net. 

Nothing wrong with speaking his mind eighter, I don't see why would you recommend him/her to leave a game over it, it is a reasonable sugesstion to make. I would choose toogle, so one can decide if they want additional security or not.

Btw, are you playing necro? Coz you did great job reviving this post only to write that someone should quit the game just becouse he proposed some qol lol.

• Thanks 4