Saving Hero Points

How many of you have your favorite Elite profession (of the two), have no interest in the other, but still go after Hero Points in case the next Elite is something you want to bank on?I have 400 for my main Ranger, and enough to max Mesmer, Warrior, and Guardian on the first day, whenever that comes. These aren't my first incarnation of the professions, I did try the new Elites. I like to level secondary characters I don't care for the birthday gifts.

@Diak Atoli.2085 said:Counterpoint: There's no need to save hero points.

I have ~400 hero points on each character and both elite specializations unlocked. I also have enough Testimonies from WvW to get another 400 on each character...

This is a common thing among those of us who play WvW.

It’s one of the benefits of playing those modes.

That being said, I’ve had times where I’ve held on advancing a spec if I am not sure I am going to keep the toon.

Otherwise: max it out!

I would use the hero points you have. Theres more than enough (I mean when having both current specs maxed I still have plenty spare) and when the new expac drops with a new espec there will be new hero points again. In the past they were easy to get (insight or fight) plus the fact that people will be doing this en masse there should be no issue getting these fast if needed. And theres still WvW where you can unlock hero points.

Maybe the next elite spec. will not use hero points. Maybe they will introduce a new point system (Ki energy or something?) so that players can't insta-unlock the new elite spec.

If you save all your cookies for a rainy day, you may just end up with soggy cookies. Also, yeah, you are also unlikely to run out of cookies in GW2.

I tend to just pick 1 elite spec per character. I actually have two elementalists and two engineers because I like playing both elites but only one fits my original character, so even with build templates I'd rather make a different character to play the other one. But I still collect hero points on all my characters, and spend them on elite specs so I have it available if I do want it, it's just not a priority for me. I'll get them when I come across them, I don't go out of my way to collect them.

I do save up the WvW Testimonies so if I do want to unlock another elite spec quickly I can do it. That's how I made my holosmith, level 60 scroll, 20 tomes of knowledge, bunch of Testimonies, (near) instant holosmith. :)

I think the issue you might have is FOMO (Fear of missing out).We can only guess about the next elite professions and perhaps there wont be any. or are they obtained differently.IF they are here, it is just guessing that the elite is something you like and want to do.

So that is a whole lot of ifs. And IF they all come true, the amount of work to get the HP's then is minor and a journey in itself.You do not have to be among the firsts to rush through the new xpack and it's content. Take your time. Relax and enjoy the show. I wonder why people experience it like a movie that is on fast forward.

35 characters. All with both elites. Main and secondary roster with 250+ spare hero points.

Close to 30,000 Testimony of Heroics.

I think I am ready. =)

Will probably spend the first few days playing the story and checking out each and every elite specialization while not playing story. Just as with PoF.