LI, and LD are useless

After you make your 3 set of raid lege armor, which only cost 750LI, and the trinket which is 150LD, these currencies are totally useless.I am raiding since w1 release, i had a 1 year break, and still, i have 3,5k LI/LD, and only 900 used in craft.It would be soo good, if we could excahnge them into gold 1:1, or 1:0.50, or MCs/clovers, just something.Would it really ruin the game's economy? Even if you could only buy acc bound stuff like clovers? I dont think that many player running around with 3-4k useless LI/LDMaybe the raiding would feel more rewarding, because now... you get ~100 gold from it, and nothing else. Because lets be honest, after a few thousands of hours, the ascended drops worth less than a random 14 copper trash item, especially if they are not from raid, because then, you cant get anything by salvaging them.The only thing that keeps me in the game is the weekly raid clear, and if that cannot do it anymore, idk...Am i the only one who thinks that, you should be able to use your LI/LD after you crafted the armor sets, and the triket?

I mean with a 25 LI cap a week.. getting 3.5k + 750 = 4250 LI which is 170 weeks of maximum participation in raiding. I have to say that is pretty nuts and you can't expect them to accommodate that. If you really have that much LI thats great, but any reward for it at this point would just be /clap.

Back then the weekly cap was 3 for 6 months, then 6, then 9, and so on, so its way more than 170. Soon, im gonna hit the 2k cap in my mat storage for li, and i dont want to destroy them, thats why i would like to convert them into something useful. Even if i could exchange a stack to 10MC, or clover, laurel would be good, or at least better than nothing.

@LuRkEr.9462 said:I mean with a 25 LI cap a week.. getting 3.5k + 750 = 4250 LI which is 170 weeks of maximum participation in raiding. I have to say that is pretty nuts and you can't expect them to accommodate that. If you really have that much LI thats great, but any reward for it at this point would just be /clap.

Li become useless after 750 and Ld after 150. A lot of raiders are in that area currently. Raid rewards are already bad enough compared to something like drizzlewood.

You can always craft more legendary armor for your characters or ascended armor at a discount compared to other crafting methods.To get each spec into legendary armor you already need 2550 LI.

What would actually be nice is if it was also possible to rebuy the Coalescence precursor with LD and potentially gold or gaeting crystals. Considering that we now have WvW/PvP legendary trinkets that you can craft as often as you want, being restricted for just the Raid and LS legendary trinkets seems pretty stupid and crafting more legendary rings definitely serves as a long term use and motivation for LD as well. If you put the price for a fresh Hateful Sworl at 50 LD (=5 weeks of PoF clears), then you're suddenly at 1750 LD to get one for each spec.

@Endaris.1452 said:You can always craft more legendary armor for your characters or ascended armor at a discount compared to other crafting methods.To get each spec into legendary armor you already need 2550 LI.

What would actually be nice is if it was also possible to rebuy the Coalescence precursor with LD and potentially gold or gaeting crystals. Considering that we now have WvW/PvP legendary trinkets that you can craft as often as you want, being restricted for just the Raid and LS legendary trinkets seems pretty stupid and crafting more legendary rings definitely serves as a long term use and motivation for LD as well. If you put the price for a fresh Hateful Sworl at 50 LD (=5 weeks of PoF clears), then you're suddenly at 1750 LD to get one for each spec.

Why would you do this when we know legendary armory is being in the pipe line?

@Linken.6345 said:

@Endaris.1452 said:You can always craft more legendary armor for your characters or ascended armor at a discount compared to other crafting methods.To get each spec into legendary armor you already need 2550 LI.

Because we have no idea when it's coming just like alliances. Might be this year might be 2025. Assuming they will be functional and not monetized to oblivion. Crafting more than 3 sets of armor could potentially be worth to you.

@Linken.6345 said:

Fashionwars. If they don't include wardbore in legendary armory somehow with saveable looks on each character, I'll stick to my 10000000 ascended pieces anyway.

@"Linken.6345" said:Why would you do this when we know legendary armory is being in the pipe line?First of all, as mentioned by the earlier poster, there is no concrete release planned for legendary armory yet.Secondly, the idea for the legendary armory heavily ties into how skinning and gear works at core and there will be game-changing changes, similar to the introduction of the wardrobe system, if it ever gets released because Anet won't be able to make it work otherwise.I don't believe that we will get the Legendary Armory any time soon due to these implications, not before LS6 anyway which is still a long time ahead.Additionally it is not impossible that - maybe to circumvent technical difficulties - Anet will decide to go a different path with the Legendary Armor than they initially announced. Just think of how templates loadouts turned out. Remember that the legendary armory is not a feature, it's a "fix" for one of the most greedily monetized QoL "features" in the game because Anet lacked the far-sightedness to see how their approach would pan out.