Roll a new class for my Dreamer legendary short bow?

Dao Jones.6720

Quick story: My main at launch was a Ranger. 100% map clear, two max 400 crafting skills, the works. During the original Karka event when precursor weapons were dropping left and right I actually managed to snag The Lover, and despite being an ultra-casual player who had never gotten a legendary anything in his life, I embarked on a crazy plan to make The Dreamer. My entire guild helped me to get the mats needed (it wasn’t easy back then!), and I finally got that glorious stupid horsey bow. Left me completely broke, but whatever.

Shortly afterward Anet nerfed Shortbow Rangers (and significantly buffed the Longbow, which made SB even worse by comparison).. It pissed me off so much I took an ~8-year break from the game.

So now I’m back, and it seems Shortbow is still kinda awful for Rangers. However, I see that legendaries are no longer soul bound, so I can move it to another class. Unless I’m missing something, my only options are Thief and Revenant, right?

Help me put my awesome weapon to good use! If you had a legendary Shortbow, would you roll a new class to use it? Or should I hang it over the fireplace, and pretend I’m just another broke newbie?

@Dao Jones.6720 said:Quick story: My main at launch was a Ranger. 100% map clear, two max 400 crafting skills, the works. During the original Karka event when precursor weapons were dropping left and right I actually managed to snag The Lover, and despite being an ultra-casual player who had never gotten a legendary anything in his life, I embarked on a crazy plan to make The Dreamer. My entire guild helped me to get the mats needed (it wasn’t easy back then!), and I finally got that glorious stupid horsey bow. Left me completely broke, but whatever.

Shortly afterward Anet nerfed Shortbow Rangers (and significantly buffed the Longbow, which made SB even worse by comparison).. It pissed me off so much I took an ~8-year break from the game.

So now I’m back, and it seems Shortbow is still kinda awful for Rangers. However, I see that legendaries are no longer soul bound, so I can move it to another class. Unless I’m missing something, my only options are Thief and Revenant, right?

Help me put my awesome weapon to good use! If you had a legendary Shortbow, would you roll a new class to use it? Or should I hang it over the fireplace, and pretend I’m just another broke newbie?

Renegade, one of the Revenant e-specs gets Shortbow. It is a 'condi' weapon but can do very good Power damage if built for it, so you can go either way. Thief Shortbow keeps getting nerfed so stay away from it unless you really want to play a thief for other reasons.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Chips.7968 said:Thief short bow or rev would be grand. Simply because you have bow skills which will fire multiple fabulous unicorns with a deafening of neighs. It's bloody glorious.On that note he HAS to do Renegade then for the Sevenshot with the unicorns :lol:

That’s TWO more Unicorny goodnesses than Ranger Poison Volley!

If I do make a Revenant, it’s going to have to be a big, hulking Charr. Who else could master such a dainty bow?

@Dao Jones.6720 said:

@Chips.7968 said:Thief short bow or rev would be grand. Simply because you have bow skills which will fire multiple fabulous unicorns with a deafening of neighs. It's bloody glorious.On that note he HAS to do Renegade then for the Sevenshot with the unicorns :lol:

That’s TWO more Unicorny goodnesses than Ranger Poison Volley!

If I do make a Revenant, it’s going to have to be a big, hulking Charr. Who else could master such a dainty bow?

I don't know man, an Asura could ride those tiny unicorns.

But if you DO do Charr, then you HAVE to get the Super Saiyan hair with some bright color on it, because if you are using the Glambow you may as well lean into it :wink:

Another vote for Rev. I personally really enjoy Condi Renegade. It's most likely in my top 3. The only thing for my situation that may or may not apply to you is even though I greatly enjoy Condi Renegade, I really don't like anything else about Rev. If your main concern is using the weapon, then this probably won't come into play.