Low Drop Rate of Tengu Relics

Heibi.4251

The drop rate for the Tengu Relics is abysmal. I killed 40 enemies in Drizzlewood and only got 4. That's horrible. The DRMS and achievements are grindy enough without having to grind for 20 low drop objects for a simple DAILY achievement. Please up the drop rate massively.

@"Infusion.7149" said:Pretty sure you only get them guaranteed from keep lord chests and the meta chest at the end of south or north meta (the same ones that give otters).

Edit: see https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tengu_Cultural_Relic

The problem here is that this is supposed to be a DAILY. Dailies aren't supposed to involve grinding for hours at a time to get what is needed. I think that was overlooked when they created this particular daily achievement. The drop rate should be fairly common and swift. You shouldn't need to do metas to complete a daily. Either the drop rate needs to be increased or the number required cut to 10 or 5. 5 being the optimal for a daily like this if the drop rate is going to be this bad.

@Heibi.4251 said:

@"Infusion.7149" said:Pretty sure you only get them guaranteed from keep lord chests and the meta chest at the end of south or north meta (the same ones that give otters).

Edit: see

The problem here is that this is supposed to be a DAILY. Dailies aren't supposed to involve grinding for hours at a time to get what is needed. I think that was overlooked when they created this particular daily achievement. The drop rate should be fairly common and swift. You shouldn't need to do metas to complete a daily. Either the drop rate needs to be increased or the number required cut to 10 or 5. 5 being the optimal for a daily like this if the drop rate is going to be this bad.

You get 10 from the final chest of the south meta. All you need to do is to find a lfg squad with 6/6 camps approaching the final meta bosses. Join the squad, spend 5 mins killing the bosses, get your loot. Then find another squad, swap the map, rinse and repeat.

Moreover, you can just look for the north meta squads where you don't actually need to participate in the events to loot the tribune chests (same with the camps chests), and just keep map swapping and looting the chests for the daily. Which hours of grinding are you talking about ? You are not supposed to farm regular mobs.

@"Heibi.4251" said:Everything you just mentioned goes against the principle of "DAILY" achievements.

How does it go against principles of daily achievements, when every second daily achievement requires you to complete some kind of event on a particular map ? The previous daily exalted achievements required you to complete the AB meta, the ones before that required you to complete the strike mission and mount maelstrom events. And since drizzlewood is designed in such a way you don't have to fully commit to every meta for 1-2 hours to obtain the loot, the time you spend getting this particular daily is on par with literally every other daily there is. I actually think some regular core map daily events can take more time to complete due to the enormous influx of players and insane event scaling.

Yep, seems this expects people to do at least one Drizzlewood meta (north or south) a day, beginning to pretty much the end.The only dependable drops are from the big chests when you capture a base, the chests as you progress through the citadel and end chests (north and south).The drop from enemies is very low, depending on your luck. Seems 2 to 8 from south meta mobs mobs up to just before Wolf's Crossing is par for the course. So, they are not going to stop you needing to open base chests and do the final events (n or s), or, as others have said, jump maps and cheese it.

@Heibi.4251 said:

Edit: see

I only stated facts, not sure why there's such animosity.

If it were up to me the daily would be 4 events (so that bases actually matter) similar to the ebon vanguard faction week. Right now you're better off map hopping 2 metas than to help out with all the bases. Even a reduction in drops from the end chest of the metas along with a total count of 10 instead of 20 for the daily would help in that direction.

Yes, a number of bases or events would make more sense, or just completing one of the Drizzlewood metas, as was the case with Dragonfall and The Octovine.And right now the description is outright confusing. I'm not surprised if people interpret it as another "enemies" achievement, where you just need to kill a certain number of mobs.

Did this for 30 minutes and got 2 from random mobs. The keep boss gave me none. I just closed the game. The grind in this game gets way too much. DRM was already a chore I am skipping as it has gotten tedious and I simply can not take any more grind. I play this game to play the game, not to grind.

@"Aaralyna.3104" said:Did this for 30 minutes and got 2 from random mobs. The keep boss gave me none. I just closed the game. The grind in this game gets way too much. DRM was already a chore I am skipping as it has gotten tedious and I simply can not take any more grind. I play this game to play the game, not to grind.

You don't get it from the keep boss, you get it from the glitchy chest that spawns as "open" after the keep lord or tribune dies in each zone. It isn't autolooted.

The achievement seems to be pretty reliably rewarded if you participate and complete either half of the meta. I think it makes sense if that is what they intended for the achievement, and it is very similar to how much time you would have to put into something like the dragonfall one we started with.

@"Heibi.4251" said:The drop rate for the Tengu Relics is abysmal. I killed 40 enemies in Drizzlewood and only got 4. That's horrible.

Yes. They are "encouraging" you to do the meta events, which takes as long as gathering them from mobs. You get one from each Tribune chest and 10 from the final boss chest at the Frost Citadel. There is no easy/quick workaround. :/

@lare.5129 said:one more thing for that tengu relic - no matter is you do all tengu events - impossible buy all weapons.

That's true. We will have to purchase the rest from the left vendor after the event is over. And god knows how many more such sets we will get during the remainder of the season. Enough is enough.