Living World Icebrood Saga: Champion? what next?

yefluke.3168

I don't think we're getting an Epilogue. I think the last chapter in April is it. Sorry man. Probably going to be a map with an epic dragon vs. dragon fight. But I'm not 100%. Primordus and Jormag facing off is just about the only guarantee.

I'm predicting at least 1 legendary tied to all the insanely expensive weapon collections we've received in order to keep the player base busy.

@Firebeard.1746 said:I don't think we're getting an Epilogue. I think the last chapter in April is it. Sorry man. Probably going to be a map with an epic dragon vs. dragon fight. But I'm not 100%. Primordus and Jormag facing off is just about the only guarantee.

I'm predicting at least 1 legendary tied to all the insanely expensive weapon collections we've received in order to keep the player base busy.

It looks rush for me tho., like we never really heard or see other interaction of Primidus.He is mostly semi-dormant at his home and let his minion do the job.

May be he still alive after this LW.

@yefluke.3168 said:

@"Firebeard.1746" said:I don't think we're getting an Epilogue. I think the last chapter in April is it. Sorry man. Probably going to be a map with an epic dragon vs. dragon fight. But I'm not 100%. Primordus and Jormag facing off is just about the only guarantee.

It looks rush for me tho., like we never really heard or see other interaction of Primidus.He is mostly semi-dormant at his home and let his minion do the job.

May be he still alive after this LW.

Would be nice, but the title of the next expansion is "End of Dragons" so I'm expecting Primordus dead. There are 2 dragons in the emblem for EOD, but they have the same features, which is interesting. At best, Jormag survives and we're trying to bait a fight between the 2 in the next expansion, hoping to finish them off. Neither of the dragons are red, so I feel like that rules out Primordus surviving. You're right it does feel rushed, but so was the idea of doing the expansion to begin with, they're cutting IB short, which is a bit of a shame really.

Here's a translation of the pertinent parts:

MeinMMO: The upcoming chapter 4 will be the finale of the Eisbrut saga and thus conclude a story that lasted 1.5 years. Can you give us a glimpse of the story after that? Will it go straight to the End of Dragons?

Joe Kimmes: The Final of Champions will lay the foundation for the End of Dragons expansion. You won't see it right from the start, but the outcome of the saga and the state of the world of Tyria after that will be the basis of where our story begins.

In the meantime, we'll continue to add content to the game while we look forward to End of Dragons. There will be regular festival updates like the kite rumble (Festival of the Four Winds).

We also look forward to discussing more content soon that will be released between the end of the Icebrood saga and the expansion.

Instances and the WvW update are not forgotten

MeinMMO: You brought a new fractal in summer 2020. What are your plans for the future?

Joe Kimmes: Instantiated group content is still a core element of Guild Wars 2. However, we don't have any new information to talk about right now.

MeinMMO: Devon Carver, the former WvW lead, is back at ArenaNet. Does this help you complete the long-awaited Alliance update?

Joe Kimmes: We don't have any news about the changes to the world versus world alliances either, but we haven't forgotten either.

New content comes in April

For fans of Guild Wars 2, there are a few things to do in the coming weeks:

In connection with the new episode, new global faction mobilization events will be activated on March 23, April 6 and April 20.At the beginning of April the Super Adventure Box will be back again. This is a 16-bit game in the game.The next episode and thus the finale of the Eisbrut saga is due to appear at the end of April.

@"Sajuuk Khar.1509" said:In a recent interview on a German website Anet said there will be content between IBS and EoD, that leads us from IBS into EoD.https://mein-mmo.de/wie-geht-das-mmorpg-guild-wars-2021-weiter/

So there will be some sort of IBS epilogue, or EoD prologue, chapter

~~So Destroyed by flame saga will be the next one?Or will we go back to living world season 6~~

EditNever mind read the next post and to me it seem like festivals and maybe some side stories like the bandits bosses.Maybe they repurpose the centaurs in the ibs trailer to those side stories.

Jormag got a serious build up along the saga, it started interestingly, twisting the mind of bangar, corrupting spirits of the wild and then creating a new legion of charrs called the frost legion, another group of Jormag servants. But you see this last episode that it went nowhere and no jormag is now depicted as coco crazy have to freeze and destroy everything. The dragon that was telling 2 chapters before "no worries asura we kill destroyers we bring you back your home... do you have any knowledge?" and hehe surprise, asura frozen in caledon forest.

It isn't primordius that is shown as a bad guy now, but jormag. Really, see the dialogues since chapter 2: Jormag transform npcs in ice block it is bad. Jormag assault dominion of winds it has to be stopped. Jormag assault the flame citadel of fanatics that always wanted to kill us before icebrood saga... nah it's jormag that is bad stop it! Even primodio-braham arriving as a super hero and shoxing you that jormag is bad and that destroyer help you kill the ice.

The icebrood saga logo, the chapters and even the DRM are divided in two: Jormag and Primordius, blue and red. The two first are here to show you Jormag as the protector, the benevolent. Chapter 3 and 4 are gonna be the same but with Primordius, featuring even more primordio-braham and twisting your mind showing to you that primordius can also be with you.

It would be kinda big that the devs forgot all the statements made in story that another dragon death lead to apocalypse.

They speak about the state of tyria after that saga, this is interesting, I see it like the remnants of LS1: probes, ruins of nightmare tower, broken marionette...We will see in tyria scars in the landscape, made of ice or volcanic faults, we will flee to Cantha to find a solution whereas Tyria is undergoing a giant war between ice and fire. (Or they do it like branded amnoon city, you see it in an instance, the lore state it stayed in this state after the story)

About the logo of end of dragons, I have to theories:1-Primordius and Jormag which are twins, both in balance, the goal of that expansion would be to find how to create a balance between them.2-It's the deep sea dragon, visible and hidden. That would hint toward the power of erasing memories and creating amnesis. The dragon is here but you don't see it cause it affects your perceptions. And so explains the eod trailers with pink foggy and blurs like you are in a dream.

Hear me out, compared to Jormag, Primordius got 0 developpement through the saga. 0 concrete lore piece. 0 associated map featuring newly created minions. (No drm don't count, plus 2012 ones).They simply can't kill it in chapter 4, they would do the greatest mistake ever made.

Along the four episodes we got new jormag related foes: the bonneskinner and abberants, fallens and owl infused svanirs, ice giant, a legion of icebrood charrs, creepy whispers and sighting, the return of claw of jormag, the dominion: renegades joining jormag indirectely, ryland champion of jormag. Bangar voice of jormag. 4 maps (well, 2 big ones) related to jormag.

For primordius we only have braham. Nothing else apart some interestingly named lieutenants.

It is just impossible to introduce everything needed about it in two chapters before killing it. Jormag was built up in 3 episodes, yes prologue was for jormag and isn't even done with yet! Primordius needs more time. It is always at least 3 episodes to make the story:-Joko = ls4e1 ls4e2 ls4e3. Intro in PoF.-Lazarus = ls3e1 ls3e2 ls3e5 ls3e6. Then in PoF.-Caudecus = ls3e1 ls3e4 plus dungeon / personal story.-Kralkatorrik = ls4e4 ls4e5 ls4e6

I have no doubt they can go with LS6 : Destroyed by flame Saga after canthan expansion. No joke, really, it is possible. Jormag isn't a threat anymore after episode 1 of that ls6 or at the end of EoD and we have to deal with primordius. Hope Cantha isn't just for nostalgia, hope that it progress the story.