GW2 WvW current meta is the most boring gaming experience I ever witnessed

Arheundel.6451

This minstrel boonball of firebrand - scrapper -revenant and scourge..is the most boring, non interactive, lazy, atrocious gaming experience of my entire life and it's in situations like this that I just log out disgusted....my question is why people are allowed to be super tanky and still do burst damage?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Arheundel.6451 said:my question is why people are allowed to be super tanky and still do burst damage?Technically... they're not. Pluck out any burster from the boonball and put them against a roamer and they will often fall flat. They are carried by the minstrel, that's true, though it's not exactly the minstrel doing the burst. But the fact that even 1 minstrel can pocket heal in addition to zerg role just show how strong it is. Even in small 2-5 mans half of them are all boons minstrel pocket healers, truly big brain gameplay.

If zergs can say that thieves and rangers arent allowed, cant roamers say that minstrels arent allowed? It should be fair.

WvW is crazy now, i haven't played WvW in nearly a year when it got really stale, but i jumped back in last night and on desert borderland the squad i was in was able to PvD a door down, while being fired at by like 6 Ac's the healing ability and boon spam is insane now, WvW needs its own balance team it needs completely separated from the rest of the game, PvE food and stones in WvW make some classes god like. At this point it feels like Anet band-aid fix one issue and introduce 5 more, not all classes are equal in WvW not even close, if they aren't prepared to separate this game mode, its never going to get better.

@"Ok I Did It.2854" said:WvW is crazy now, i haven't played WvW in nearly a year when it got really stale, but i jumped back in last night and on desert borderland the squad i was in was able to PvD a door down, while being fired at by like 6 Ac's the healing ability and boon spam is insane now, WvW needs its own balance team it needs completely separated from the rest of the game, PvE food and stones in WvW make some classes god like. At this point it feels like Anet band-aid fix one issue and introduce 5 more, not all classes are equal in WvW not even close, if they aren't prepared to separate this game mode, its never going to get better.

I don't trust this biased "balance" team..they would end end happily nerf the same ol`classes even if there is nothing left to nerf aka : Elementalist followed by slaps on the wrist for guardian , necro and engi...just QoL rev "fix" and some "out of the madhat" nerf for ranger

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:game needs more boon strip. the decision to nerf them was really dumb.

Your idea is:-(The problem) Hey! That guy was pierced by a metal rod, he's bleeding af!-(Your solution) Let's slap a band-aid on his forehead and it's fixed.XDProblem is, that you can stack duration of boons and you can reapply them quickly af(FB whooshwhoosh boonz and healzzzz), nerf the boon generation, make them rarer and situational as they should be from the very start. You can see people running with 30s+ of prot alone, not mentioning all other boons on players.Your "solution" won't a fix a kitten, because very few classes have any kind of boon removal, so you want them to have even more "power" on the field than many others.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Clearly the answer is to nerf damage.I don't think lava font has been nerfed yet this year, would be a good place to start.

Nah obviously the problem is Obsidian Flesh, for the sake of the game we must increase the CD t o 120s meanwhile we add 1/2s ICD to
Purity of Purpose
there...balance achieved just as usual

120 hahaha thats silly says anet let's make it 300.

@TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:game needs more boon strip. the decision to nerf them was really dumb.

Your idea is:-(The problem) Hey! That guy was pierced by a metal rod, he's bleeding af!-(Your solution) Let's slap a band-aid on his forehead and it's fixed.XDProblem is, that you can stack duration of boons and you can reapply them quickly af(FB whooshwhoosh boonz and healzzzz), nerf the boon generation, make them rarer and situational as they should be from the very start. You can see people running with 30s+ of prot alone, not mentioning all other boons on players.Your "solution" won't a fix a kitten, because very few classes have any kind of boon removal, so you want them to have even more "power" on the field than many others.

It's not that simple, nerf Firebrand so 1 can no longer solo support a party and those groups will just run double Firebrand. The last coefficient nerf, groups just ran 3x support in every party to make up the difference. As per since release, groups will always build comp to keep everyone alive and minimize downtime in fights.

As to boon removal, Scourge, Spellbreaker, Chrono, Scrapper, 4 very prominent WvW classes have very strong boon removal. Revenants can run brutality if they are willing to give up some damage.. Anyone can run Absorption sigil and everyone has CC skills. No Firebrand/Scrapper can out heal a solid bomb with Null/Grav/shatters in Wells/shades/breach in Winds covered in Lines/thunderclaps, followed up with Herald/DH/Weaver spike damage. If your group isn't generating downs then it's a coordination issue or the other group is better at dodging then you are at bombing OR most of your group thinks high damage on arc is how you kill groups.

Just my opinion, groups that comp for sustain will adapt to any nerfs or quit the game. Whatever works.

@TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

making boons rarer won't do a thing as long as everyone stacks and purity of purpose exists. on a per class basis boon uptime is already low anyways lol. its not feasible and won't be effective to nerf them more. crazy thought, you could also give some boon removal to classes that don't have them.

So you're upset that players have the option of playing like they do in other games instead of GW2's infamous Berserker challenge that's existed since release and was the dominant go-to build even in competitive modes?

Well that's not true, sometimes the healers took Zealot's.

It ended up this way because the initial design of the game was very bad and favored only a single role: damage. Since Heart of Thorns more roles were added to all game modes, giving infinitely more play options but somehow its "more stale than ever".

All that really happened is they made the game actually fun for the non-DPSers.

And from what I've seen the most popular set is still Marauder's so not much has changed as it may seem.

Infinitely immortal zergballs has more to do with target caps than what classes or builds they use anyway. You have the same target caps on offensive skills whether you face five players or ten times that many and its just silly.

(This is also the main reason why boonstrip is usually ineffective. It works quite well at small-scale.)

they nerfed the damage crazily on everything, what do u expect? it's wet noodle wars... but not since yesterday, since like a year or rather longer (my inner time calculator is messed up since corona times)

all classes feel currently just a bit wrong, bc they don't do their job as they probably used to. if the dmg wasn't nerfed, the same people would just cry about the crazy dmg income that just makes them pop superfast.

@"Hannelore.8153" next level wrong, boonstrip is pretty effective. and really common on good groups. potatoes will just keep claiming that running offmeta is "da wae" and complaining if they get stomped over and over and over and over again.

also this target cap thing is just a weird joke. barely anything hits more than 5 targets at once, this is the real dumbification of Wvw. nerf stuff, limit options, then cry about stale format. big brain plays....

@"Dawdler.8521" u know that this makes no sense. you can roam in heart of the mists :P there u won't find minstrels, i suppose. nobody is a big fan of these roamerpacks and gankerparties, but they are more common than real roamers these days. like, waaay more common. and there is not real way to fix that. besides... yeah u can say minstrel or any healers aren't allowed, just question is, will the other roamers agree there? these gankergroups probably not "oopsy" in a firebrand, that's the support for 5 people often used for 2-3 (so the firebrands of them can even support each other)

firebrands still regularly die in peak bombs during zergfights. one mismovement, one strip/corrupt+pull and the "unkillable minstrel boonball tank" gets oneshot. slacking firebrands tend to die way before their groups, which is sad but not uncommon. it's a popular target for focused damage.

@Zikory.6871 said:It's not that simple, nerf Firebrand so 1 can no longer solo support a party and those groups will just run double Firebrand.

, Scourge, Spellbreaker, Chrono, Scrapper, 4 very prominent WvW classes ..... ... Revenants

Ah, but a group that runs 2 Guardians per party has a lot less room for all those other nice things..That's been one definite bit of power creep for the sustain (stand in a big clump with 40-80 people) crowd.

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Zikory.6871 said:It's not that simple, nerf Firebrand so 1 can no longer solo support a party and those groups will just run double Firebrand.

, Scourge, Spellbreaker, Chrono, Scrapper, 4 very prominent WvW classes ..... ... Revenants

Ah, but a group that runs 2 Guardians per party has a lot less room for all those other nice things..That's been one definite bit of power creep for the sustain (stand in a big clump with 40-80 people) crowd.

It is what it is, its not like double Guardian hasn't already been a thing. Be a sad patch day if it were to happen tho :(I mean, keep nerfing sustain, 40-80 people will still have more sustain then 10-30. And those 40-80 will still struggle fighting the same groups.

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:@"Dawdler.8521" u know that this makes no sense. you can roam in heart of the mists :P there u won't find minstrels, i suppose. nobody is a big fan of these roamerpacks and gankerparties, but they are more common than real roamers these days. like, waaay more common. and there is not real way to fix that. besides... yeah u can say minstrel or any healers aren't allowed, just question is, will the other roamers agree there? these gankergroups probably not "oopsy" in a firebrand, that's the support for 5 people often used for 2-3 (so the firebrands of them can even support each other)Well if 50 man zergs want to just PvE against keep lords they can go to PvE and do meta achievements too, thats a reasonable solution.

They should do following:

• Nerf superspeed potency down to 66%, add to scrapper minor trait where it is 50% more effective on scrapper itself. Do some buffs on superspeed durations on other classes, for example "Eye of the Storm!" duration from 3s -> 4s.
  • Nerf claim buff to ground so blobs would fight for objectives instead of it being yoyo bouncing between one blob winning at theirs and the other winning at theirs.
  • Nerf concentration stat from 1% boon duration per 15 to 1% boon duration per 21 concentration (like precision). This would mostly affect minstrel builds.
  • Buff siege vs siege damage and wall hp a bit, to make up for the siege health buffs few years ago, so there is counterplay to blobs smashing into your keeps other than bringing your own. (attackers already got a buff with nerf of claim buff)
  • Increase upgrade times of keeps and castles by at least 50% and 100% dolyaks respectively. Nothing kills fights more than siege servers upgrading their keeps and castles under 2 hours with minimal effort and then just sitting there.
  • Nerf something from guardian, maybe staff 2 damage (got hit 10k by it just yesterday) and healing.

@"XenesisII.1540" said:They just need to delete scrapper, it'll fix multiple things at once, just like removing the dodge on mirage.If you also delete the guardian, ranger, thief, herald, ele, mesmer and necro it practically solves all the problems WvWers have! No more imbalance, no more complaints.

Now you may be wondering "wouldnt that lead to stale gameplay"? No, we're all warriors to begin with. Nothing lost.