NVidia GeForce Now

Is it ok to use this program to play Guild Wars 2? I've just been seeing people getting banned for using it on Reddit, and I use it occasionally when I don't have the game installed.

For those who don't know, it is a legit program from NVidia that allows you to play games over a cloud streaming service. The games on there have to be approved by their publisher, so ArenaNet have, quite recenetly, allowed Guild Wars 2 to be played over the service, but are now randomly banning people for using it.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/121605/an-update-on-mac-support-for-guild-wars-2#latest

"...users can still play Guild Wars 2 using the Nvidia GeForce Now service while streaming over the Internet. Moreover, we are interested in feedback from all of our players about such services."It's cool to say and quote this in theory.In reality players are having their accounts suspended after using the service because Arenanet's systems are still falsely flagging users of it as security risks.While players have been getting access to their accounts restored under this scenario, the number of times it's happened should give anyone pause before using the service. All it takes is one bad customer service representative to turn the restoration of your account into an unpleasant debacle.

I used it last summer. They blocked my account for it and then unlocked it when I filed a support ticket. (Turnaround time: less than a day.)

This is annoying but I estimate the risk of any lasting impact to your account is very low.

@ASP.8093 said:I used it last summer. They blocked my account for it and then unlocked it when I filed a support ticket. (Turnaround time: less than a day.)

This is annoying but I estimate the risk of any lasting impact to your account is very low.

Did you have to file with anon ticket or were you able to login to the website and do it that way?

Friend of mine just had their account locked because of use with Exitlag (at least it's 90% looking cuz of this). They had the lock on their alt account, so they tried to login to the site and got account locked for security purposes, so they filed the ticket on their main account and they locked their main account too LOL