The reward design in the game is getting worse and worse

KingJoko.1625

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:The real problem I have with these weapon sets is that there's so little else to aim for with this episode. If you decide to skip the weapons, which I did, what else is there?

it's all in your sentence, they made these collections horrible to hide the lack of contentthere is nothing else to do once you have done each CM 5 times and the daily.

@KingJoko.1625 said:These new weapon sets... one is either a below 1% drop (volcanic), and the rest require a ton of DRM currency. You either spend 20k gold on ingots to get them all, or do every single DRM for the next 2 years...According to gw2efficiency, only 1177 players (0.4%) unlocked the weapon set from chapter 1, and even less (55-81) the azure and crimson sets.Chapter 1 is out for a few months now and only 1000 players bothered. So why waste time creating these weapons if getting them is so expensive or grindy? Waste of resources... this is worse than f2p chinese mobile game reward system. All it takes is to change the values anet, its not too late.

Its not like these are even cool weapons... I mean they look pretty terrible and you'll never see someone with them in combat because it's swallowed by a ball of glowing christmas lights

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@radda.8920 said:why are you so worried about these new weapons?I mean the first versions are hideous and the last is barely ''ok''There are regularly much more beautiful skins in the cash shop for 10 times less money

I am an achievement farmer (37k ap) and yet I gave up the idea of ​​doing them. I mean who can do so much DRM(the worst content in this game) without going crazy...

And it makes me laugh those who speak of prestige for these new weaponsThe only prestige of these DRMs is to keep your sanity by farming them so much, this content is mediocre and anyone can finish it. legendary armor, some pvp titles and legendary trinkets have a kind of little prestige (and again this word is not suitable). But these weapons absolutely not.

As an ap hunter I want to do them, but not for this cost, that's why i'm 'worried' about them.

So basically .. you just want easy or cheap AP's that you are willing to do. That's not how MMO's are designed.

I think the point that everyone is stressing isn't that they want cheap & easy APs, but rather they want the time invested & reward to worth it.

For example, if you could have salvaged let's say every completed Dragon Slayer weapon to get some kind of essence that you could use at a craft station to build a legendary Dragon Slayer infusion that had great graphics, that could also be sold on the trade post to redeem gold invested, or even if it were account bound and couldn't be sold, we would be seeing far far less complaint or maybe none at all, about the expenses of these new weapon sets.

As it is now, these new weapon sets feel like nothing but a sarcastic gold/time sink.

Right ... and so what do we all (or should) do if we feel content reward isn't worth the effort?

ANSWER: You don't do it.

Not sure if people realize this because there are LOTS of threads lately where people think the game should work how they want it to work for them ... but it doesn't. It can't. Everyone's threshold for what is worth the time to invest for something is there own.

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:The real problem I have with these weapon sets is that there's so little else to aim for with this episode. If you decide to skip the weapons, which I did, what else is there?

Now to me ... THAT is a legit complaint. If the ONLY thing to look forward to earning in this episode is to craft expensive weapons, THAT'S a big problem if Anet wants to continue to appeal to GW2 playerbase through new content releases.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:I think the point that everyone is stressing isn't that they want cheap & easy APs, but rather they want the time invested & reward to worth it.

This, exactly.

I think it's pretty clear that people aren't concerned about the AP or the actual skins themselves - the numbers we have make it quite clear that people are making the exact calculation @Trevor Boyer.6524 laid out a few posts up: "just not worth it."

The concern, at least for me, runs much deeper. These weapon sets in particular, and IBS in general, feel as though ANet's steadily asking for much greater levels of investment (time and gold) for decreasing returns. While I have faith that EoD will not continue the trend, it's not unreasonable to fear that the devs have in fact decided that this is the direction they want to take the game. I think that's what has people concerned. It's easy enough to pass on these obviously overpriced achievements, but the prospect of seeing more and more of this (at the expense of the kind of stuff that does feel worth the effort) isn't comforting.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Now to me ... THAT is a legit complaint. If the ONLY thing to look forward to earning in this episode is to craft expensive weapons, THAT'S a big problem if Anet wants to continue to appeal to GW2 playerbase through new content releases.

I missed this when I first posted, but I think this is a great expression of the type of concern I was getting at. It's not just this skin or these few AP. It's about what ANet considers acceptable content moving forward.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@radda.8920 said:why are you so worried about these new weapons?I mean the first versions are hideous and the last is barely ''ok''There are regularly much more beautiful skins in the cash shop for 10 times less money

I am an achievement farmer (37k ap) and yet I gave up the idea of ​​doing them. I mean who can do so much DRM(the worst content in this game) without going crazy...

And it makes me laugh those who speak of prestige for these new weaponsThe only prestige of these DRMs is to keep your sanity by farming them so much, this content is mediocre and anyone can finish it. legendary armor, some pvp titles and legendary trinkets have a kind of little prestige (and again this word is not suitable). But these weapons absolutely not.

As an ap hunter I want to do them, but not for this cost, that's why i'm 'worried' about them.

So basically .. you just want easy or cheap AP's that you are willing to do. That's not how MMO's are designed.

I think the point that everyone is stressing isn't that they want cheap & easy APs, but rather they want the time invested & reward to worth it.

For example, if you could have salvaged let's say every completed Dragon Slayer weapon to get some kind of essence that you could use at a craft station to build a legendary Dragon Slayer infusion that had great graphics, that could also be sold on the trade post to redeem gold invested, or even if it were account bound and couldn't be sold, we would be seeing far far less complaint or maybe none at all, about the expenses of these new weapon sets.

As it is now, these new weapon sets feel like nothing but a sarcastic gold/time sink.

Right ... and so what do we all (or should) do if we feel content reward isn't worth the effort?

Not sure if people realize this because there are LOTS of threads lately where people think the game should work how they want it to work
for them
... but it doesn't. It can't. Everyone's threshold for what is worth the time to invest for something is there own.

Right ... and my point, saying it again, is that forums are designed for consumer feedback.

What you're doing is similar to complaining that people at a restaurant are eating food.

If reading the forum feedback in a forum upsets you, maybe you need to find something else to do.

Just don't do it if it upsets you.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Not sure if people realize this because there are LOTS of threads lately where people think the game should work how they want it to work
for them
... but it doesn't. It can't. Everyone's threshold for what is worth the time to invest for something is there own.

Right ... and my point, saying it again, is that forums are designed for consumer feedback.

People have to realize that the last thing the game is going to do it narrow it's options for players by eliminating things, just because it's a thing some people don't like. I'M ALSO giving feedback, so YOU shouldn't have a problem with what I have to say either, especially since it matches the reality of the game.

@Obtena.7952 said:

for them

People have to realize that the last thing the game is going to do it narrow it's options for players by eliminating things, just because it's a thing some people don't like. I'M ALSO giving feedback, so YOU shouldn't have a problem with what I have to say either, especially since it matches the reality of the game.

But you're not giving feedback on the game.

You are just hassling the feedback of others, trying to make it look like what they are saying isn't important or relevant.

That is technically against the TOS. Just relax man. No one attacked you. They are just commenting on how they feel about recent content.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

for them

That's not true ... my feedback IS related to the game content and how people interact with it. The problem here isn't the content. No content is going to satisfy every player every time.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@"radda.8920" said:why are you so worried about these new weapons?I mean the first versions are hideous and the last is barely ''ok''There are regularly much more beautiful skins in the cash shop for 10 times less money

for them

That's not true ... my feedback IS related to the game content and how people interact with it. The problem here isn't the content. No content is going to satisfy every player every time.

No, you've been giving feedback on how you feel about other people's opinions and why they are wrong. This may be "related" to the OP topic but it is a very unnecessary thing to do and quite derailing honestly.

Just make a single statement about how you feel on the topic the OP posted, and leave it at that. No reason to hassle every single opinion that other people post. It is actually more clear what your stance is, if you just say what you mean directly, rather than in relation to someone else's opinion.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

for them

No, you've been giving feedback on how you feel about other people's opinions and why they are wrong.

There isn't anything derailing about not being in agreement with what someone has to say about the topic, even if that isn't with the OP. If someone dislikes the content for whatever reason, they don't need to do it. Not all content can appeal to all players. This is why we get a wide range of content to go with.

@Adamixos.6785 said:

@"KingJoko.1625" said:So why waste time creating these weapons if getting them is so expensive or grindy?Because in every MMO there is always a small group of people who end up sitting on a ton of cash, with nothing to spend it on, so devs will make what amounts to "prestige" items they know the vast majority of the playerbase will never go for, due to the cost. These items serve a purpose of giving those people with tons of cash something to work for, and drains a lot of excess gold from the game in the process.

So, in essence, the whole point IS that they are so expensive and grindy.

I'd believe that they are prestige items if they weren't the exact same weapon set five times with different colors and extra effects, which aren't even that pretty and in actual fact use quite low effort textures, especially compared to the BL Ticket exclusive skins.

It's just a lazy way to add content, not to mention that finishing the Stretching Goals meta achievement (the 39 chieves for max, not the 31 for the emote) is impossible without finishing the first 3 collections. This is a completionist's worst nightmare and just pure bad design. Either spend 5,000 gold right off the bat that you could spend on actually useful legendaries, or grind the worst pve content this game has ever put forward for 2 years. No thanks.

I wouldn't call this content. People either buy it, or just not even attempt it. No sane person will actually grind this out.ó

@Obtena.7952 said:

for them

When 99.9% of your playerbase decides to not do a content because it's not worth the reward/effort then there is an issue with the game and not with the players:)

@Obtena.7952 said:

for them

No, you've been giving feedback on how you feel about other people's opinions and why they are wrong.

If someone dislikes the content for whatever reason, they don't need to do it.

Yup, they get it bud. That's why no one is doing the content.

They are just here to explain to Arenanet why that is, which is what the purpose of a forum designed for feedback is.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

for them

If someone dislikes the content for whatever reason, they don't need to do it.

Yup, they get it bud. That's why no one is doing the content.

Well, SOME people aren't, but no one is? You don't know.

@KingJoko.1625 said:

for them

When 99.9% of your playerbase decides to not do a content because it's not worth the reward/effort then there is an issue with the game and not with the players:)

Hold on ... What is your complaint here? I hardly believe your complaint is that most players aren't crafting these weapons, so it's pretty irrelevant what percent of people do or don't craft them. I mean, you don't even know, you're just inferring from GW2efficiency. That's fraught with all kinds of issues to begin with.

If your complaint is that it's expensive to craft the collection ... well, that's not really all that concerning really.

@Obtena.7952 said:

for them

Hold on ... What is your complaint here? I hardly believe your complaint is that most players aren't crafting these weapons, so it's pretty irrelevant what percent of people do or don't craft them. I mean, you don't even know, you're just inferring from GW2efficiency. That's fraught with all kinds of issues to begin with.

If your complaint is that it's expensive to craft the collection ... well, that's not really all that concerning really.

Why are you even here complaining that we complain? Pretty useless thing to do

@KingJoko.1625 said:

for them

Why are you even here complaining that we complain? Pretty useless thing to do

I'm not complaining you are complaining. I'm disagreeing with the idea there is a problem with expensive or hard to get crafting collections. Somehow you turned that into a complaint that not many people are crafting it or that it's a sign of 'declining rewards system'. So I'm just asking you clarify what the problem is that you are trying to communicate so I don't disagree with something we aren't talking about in the first place.

Long term goals and huge gold sinks are necessary for the game but also are med and short term goals and small to med gold sinks. I wouldnt be surprised if all the armors and weapons this season added alone cost more than any non legendary gold sink anet has added since the release of gw2 combined which is ridiculous and clearly shows the intent of these. They arent meant to be cool and enjoyable rewards you chase over varried amounts of time, they are meant to pad the season because half of it has been barebones.

I really hope they reconsider their aproach, adding long term goals is fine, only adding longterm goals sucks.

I don’t see much issue. I crafted like 4 of the dragon slayer T1 weapons. I did pistol azure and crimson because I wanted to get the skins. I may do the 3rd tier to upgrade them again. No intention currently to do them all. The skins are there if you want them. If you look at it like you don’t have to do everything it’s not so bad.

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

@KingJoko.1625 said:So why waste time creating these weapons if getting them is so expensive or grindy?Because in every MMO there is always a small group of people who end up sitting on a ton of cash, with nothing to spend it on, so devs will make what amounts to "prestige" items they know the vast majority of the playerbase will never go for, due to the cost. These items serve a purpose of giving those people with tons of cash something to work for, and drains a lot of excess gold from the game in the process.

So, in essence, the whole point IS that they are so expensive and grindy.Not when the achievements for this are a major part of the chapter meta.

It's not a problem that those collections exist. It's a problem when lately all the collections go into this direction. And it seems like there's barely anything else to do except them.

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:The real problem I have with these weapon sets is that there's so little else to aim for with this episode. If you decide to skip the weapons, which I did, what else is there?Basically, this.

@KingJoko.1625 said:Why are you even here complaining that we complain? Pretty useless thing to doBecause complaining about the complaining is basically the only way some people can defend Anet's decision on this. There's basically nothing positive that can be said about those achievements, so the only defence is to keep claiming that others should stop complaining and just ignore them.

Of course, when you get to this level of defence, one has to think why are you even so adamand about defending it, if you yourself can't see anything truly positive about it.