Low Drop Rate of Tengu Relics

Heibi.4251

@Firebeard.1746 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I think the idea, like completing the Auric Basin meta last time, is to complete one of Drizzlewood's metas.

Unfortunately, Drizzlewood's metas are quite long.

Well so are AB's unfortunately. I think I spent 2 hours in a map before it completed.

There was no need to do that, though. You only needed to participate in the Octovine, which is easy to join only 5 mins before, using lfg. Octovine takes about 5 mins these days(! I remember when it was a challenge), so the daily could be done in about 10 mins, although most would probably want to loot the chests afterwards.

But having thought about this some more I think they intended this daily to take 1hr+ and only with this release have they worked out how to do it. The DRM daily takes 45-60m (including waiting in lfg) and only rewards 3. Getting 5 for 1hrs work is not that unreasonable tbh, except when comparing to the earlier releases.

@lare.5129 said:one more thing for that tengu relic - no matter is you do all tengu events - impossible buy all weapons.

Yeah, they icreased the price of everything for some reason, even the boxes are now 3 relics instead of 2, but only problem with that for me is that the achievement will take longer, and if i miss a day or two i won't be able to complete it lol.

@Brandon Uzumaki.1524 said:

@lare.5129 said:one more thing for that tengu relic - no matter is you do all tengu events - impossible buy all weapons.

Yeah, they icreased the price of everything for some reason, even the boxes are now 3 relics instead of 2, but only problem with that for me is that the achievement will take longer, and if i miss a day or two i won't be able to complete it lol.if you not missed no days anyway you can collect all skins .. So may be no big reason about low drop, anyway it not complete it

@lare.5129 said:

Yeah, they icreased the price of everything for some reason, even the boxes are now 3 relics instead of 2, but only problem with that for me is that the achievement will take longer, and if i miss a day or two i won't be able to complete it lol.if you not missed no days anyway you can collect all skins .. So may be no big reason about low drop, anyway it not complete it

As I speak precisely zero languages other than English I hate to comment on the English of others but, what does this mean?? I really cannot understand either sentence.

You definitely cannot collect enough marks to buy all the weapons, even if you skip the mastery(!) and the 10 boxes for the supporter achievement, if that is what you are saying?? You will be 5 marks short by my calculation, including an extra week of buying marks for mats.

The 2nd sentence I can't even guess at.

@Jong.5937 said:As I speak precisely zero languages other than English I hate to comment on the English of others but, what does this mean?? I really cannot understand either sentence.

They meant that, even if you don't miss out on any daily during this event week, you still won't be able to collect all weapons and therefore it doesn't really matter.

the drop rate is really fair imo, i average 25 with north meta, theres only 3 events then the champ in each section and all complete quickly. i would disagree with some people though, i didnt get garaunteed ones from tribune chests, in fact yesterdays meta i only got 2 from tribune chests, 10 from the end chest and the rest were from looting normal enemies/event enemies. i am however wondering if magic find has an effect on the drop rate. i average over 500mf dont know if that makes any difference. the people ive seen complaining in map ive also noticed only doing the bare minimum, auto attacking the tribune for example without tagging the other enemies around him at the same time, my oppinion, want them faster put more effort in (not saying this is the case for everyone) :)

@Linken.6345 said:

You can get them as drops from the tengu supply boxes

Being on the rare tab of said boxes, you are much better off buying the weapon skin directly cause the odds of hitting a rare item in 3 boxes (9 compared to 10 marks) is beyond low.

@Vindicate.6951 said:

@"lare.5129" said:one more thing for that tengu relic - no matter is you do all tengu events - impossible buy all weapons.

You can get them as drops from the tengu supply boxes

Being on the rare tab of said boxes, you are much better off buying the weapon skin directly cause the odds of hitting a rare item in 3 boxes (9 compared to 10 marks) is beyond low.

Yep, I opened 12 boxes, 10 for the achievement and two with marks left over from buying skins, and got 1 weapon. Knowing what ArenaNet means by "rare" I consider it very lucky that I got one.