[BUG] Fortifying Bond (Nature Magic trait) doesn't do anything at all while in Beast mode

Sasquatch.5436

You are not "completely missing a minor trait", since you are not forced to stay merged with your pet forever.

People have to stop pretending like traits/skills don't work with soulbeast just because they don't work while merged. Whenever you are unmerged with your pet, it still works. There are many traits which are temporarily disabled and not active the entire time.

I’m a firm believer in that if a skill/trait effects the pet, then the effect should be applied to the soulbeast when merged. Unfortunately some things do apply, somethings don’t. Sharpened edges doesn’t apply 2 bleeding when merged, but refined toxics applies a 2 stack when merged, while potent ally doesn’t apply any might when merged. Soulbeast is just a clusterfuck of a spec.

@scarydogie.3024 said:I mean as it is now nature magic is probably the least taken trait line for the entire class for every game mode, this would make the line much more appealing for solo builds and pvp/wvw.

nature magic has no place in a soulbeast build. we don’t want more ppl running around with perma boons and weakness spamming passives.

you can argue it has a place for druid and core, but it does not fit with the soubeast theme.

@bigo.9037 said:

@"scarydogie.3024" said:I mean as it is now nature magic is probably the least taken trait line for the entire class for every game mode, this would make the line much more appealing for solo builds and pvp/wvw.

nature magic has no place in a soulbeast build. we don’t want more ppl running around with perma boons and weakness spamming passives.

you can argue it has a place for druid and core, but it does not fit with the soubeast theme.

literally bonding with your pet so that you both merge into one entity isn't considered "nature magic"? lol

@scarydogie.3024 said:

@scarydogie.3024 said:I mean as it is now nature magic is probably the least taken trait line for the entire class for every game mode, this would make the line much more appealing for solo builds and pvp/wvw.

literally bonding with your pet so that you both merge into one entity isn't considered "nature magic"? lol

i’m talking about what the nm traitline does. it doesn’t fit. plus, NM as a traitline just sucks to play against. it’s kinda like the ranger version of Shadow Arts on thief. any time i see someone use it in pvp/wvw it just tells me that person sucks cus they rely on heavy sustain and passives too much. tbh the whole thing needs a redesign but obviously that will never happen.

@bigo.9037 said:

i’m talking about what the nm traitline does. it doesn’t fit. plus, NM as a traitline just sucks to play against. it’s kinda like the ranger version of Shadow Arts on thief. any time i see someone use it in pvp/wvw it just tells me that person sucks cus they rely on heavy sustain and passives too much. tbh the whole thing needs a redesign but obviously that will never happen.

You are not wrong but again Fairness is not a common virtue in WvW, I completely get it and I agree with you, I hate to play against those rangers who can't do crap outside their NM build double axe or warhorn, it's hands down the easiest build on ranger and I don't think it should be changed...as long as other professions will continue to cheese their way through WvW.

While I hate the build , I can still play around it and certainly beat it with heavy condi burst set ups and interrupt and yet I cannot fault people for running it, not when we still have things like prot holo diviner with all boons under the sun in perma mode dishing out zerk levels of dmg and tanking several people at the same time

In the end of the day should people feel sorry for running NM boonbeast?....not all, not when others are ready at any time to run something equally as cheesey or worst

@bigo.9037 said:

I wouldn't say that it means they suck, it just means that they opted to NOT go full memebeast, there are people that enjoy non glass cannon builds more after all. You can get perma protection uptime with NM, and Soulbeast lets that reduce Condition damage, so to say that it does not fit the Soulbeast theme isn't quite true either.

That said we should all want LESS perma prot uptime on any class, and therefore NM needs more nerfing rather than buffing #SarcasmNotSarcasm

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I wouldn't say that it means they suck, it just means that they opted to NOT go full memebeast, there are people that enjoy non glass cannon builds more after all. You can get perma protection uptime with NM, and Soulbeast lets that reduce Condition damage, so to say that it does not fit the Soulbeast theme isn't quite true either.

That said we should all want LESS perma prot uptime on any class, and therefore NM needs more nerfing rather than buffing #SarcasmNotSarcasm

WS BM soulbeast is neither glass nor too tanky. it’s acceptable. NM is just crossing the line imo.

@bigo.9037 said:

WS BM soulbeast is neither glass nor too tanky. it’s acceptable. NM is just crossing the line imo.

I'm not disagreeing there. People responded to the Feb2020 patch by going full meme DPS or full tank for the most part. NM lets a Ranger move towards the full tank aspect, and honestly makes it too easy to maintain protection.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I'm not disagreeing there. People responded to the Feb2020 patch by going full meme DPS or full tank for the most part. NM lets a Ranger move towards the full tank aspect, and honestly makes it too easy to maintain protection.

yes. and personally i would rather play in meta with a lot of dmg than a lot of sustain. i don’t think full dmg is meme tbh, i play it myself regularly. sure newbs die instantly but they were going to die anyway, and there are plenty of counters to it that don’t involve permaprot or endless sustain.