My Revenant Renegade ground skills dont snap to target...

@"Sytriel.9413" said:My guess is because those are utility skills? Not 100% sure though.

EditJust tried it on my Rev as well. Same result. Ground target skills seems to snap to target while utility skills don't.

Yeah, it seems inconsistent though. Renegade Ability #9 is an AOE healing skill but non-snappable.

NINBJ6R.png

While the Centaur Ventari stance #9 is also a healing skill, but snappable.p8adhrt.png

It does not make sense.

as for outside of rev occurences I can add another one:Guardian's sword of justice snaps correctly, the hammer of wisdom tho, does not.

Hammer of Wisdom also seems to require "valid path" to target and animation is hammer flying out from behind guardian into targeted area, so that would support the thesis that ground targeted abilities that require valid path to target fails to snap (regardless of wether valid path exists or not)

@"Lord Trejgon.2809" said:as for outside of rev occurences I can add another one:Guardian's sword of justice snaps correctly, the hammer of wisdom tho, does not.

Hammer of Wisdom also seems to require "valid path" to target and animation is hammer flying out from behind guardian into targeted area, so that would support the thesis that ground targeted abilities that require valid path to target fails to snap (regardless of wether valid path exists or not)

Just tested this on thief shortbow. 2 snaps. 4 snaps. 5 does not snap.For utilties Shadow Refuge snaps(not that you would want to ...) while Shadowstep does not.

For chrono utilties, everything except Blink.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@"Lord Trejgon.2809" said:as for outside of rev occurences I can add another one:Guardian's sword of justice snaps correctly, the hammer of wisdom tho, does not.

Just tested this on thief shortbow. 2 snaps. 4 snaps. 5 does not snap.For utilties Shadow Refuge snaps(not that you would want to ...) while Shadowstep does not.

For chrono utilties, everything except Blink.

that would support that theory even more, since all the stuff you listed as snapping will never throw "no valid path to target" and the ones that don't can throw that error.

• 4 months later...

It's arenanet. There are hundreds of bugs that have been pointed out to them over the years but they are too lazy to fix them. I don't even see the point of having bug report as a feature in the game but maybe that's a bugged too. 

I'm used to them not giving a kitten at this point. 

• Confused 1