Ren's Total Bounty Tours

Aerulight.7250

Hello fellow adventurers and lovers of great lootness across Tyria!

I am known in-game as Ren, and, upon popular request, I am committing to hosting a regular Total Bounty Tour activity for the foreseeable future.

For the current schedule, full details of the activity, and helpful notifications on it, please visit this discord server: https://discord.gg/c82qBdSdXE

You may also query me directly in-game with this chat command: /whisper Aerulight.7250 

(Do note that I won’t be able to reply to your questions if you are set to Offline mode.)

And now a breakdown of what you can expect from these Total Bounty Tours:

On each tour I will lead us through ALL the bounties in a select zone(s) for POF and LWS4 (Also LWS3). Each zone has anywhere from 1-4 areas with12-24 total targets for each run.

First, I will collect a bounty notice and mark the target on the map for everyone in the squad to see; then I’ll link the nearest WP as needed and indicate which direction we'll travel to reach the target.

We will rally at the marker (a big red X) and pre-clear any local mobs for a better fight. Rainbow lights will often be provided to help guide the way.

Once 90% of the squad has arrived on location, I will trigger the target's timer and we will begin combat. I will also broadcast which of the target's random buffs we need to be wary of, including a general combat tip for how to deal with it.

Once the target is defeated, the squad will hold position while I grab the next notice - we rinse and repeat like this until the whole zone is cleared of all bounties.

I am a medium speed commander who does not like to leave anyone behind or downed. This influences our squad’s goals and methodology.

Main Goal: bring a swift death to each target while keeping each other alive and on our feet for maximum fun and destruction.

Uber Goal: obliterate each target without a single death or down! >:3

I am keeping a record of our Flawless Victories so you can revel in your accomplishments. This can be found updated monthly here in this thread, on the linked discord server, and in the squad message when you enter one of our squads.
So far, we have all done very well, so I believe we’ll definitely be able to reach a perfect blitz in the future! Challenge accepted.

Methodology pt 1: out-DPS these defensive buffs: Propagator, Restorer, Survivor.

Methodology pt 2: heal well enough to ignore all the offensive buffs: Polluter, Scorcher, Ley-Energy Buildup, Sniper, Spinning Laser.

What you need for optimal participation and enjoyment of the tour:

Access to the maps and their waypoints for POF and LWS4.
At least these 3 mounts: Raptor, Springer, and Skimmer. (Skimmer will protect you from zones effects)
Ideally, the first 3 tiers on those mounts’ Masteries trained.
Also ideally, 1 tier in United Legions Waystation Mastery trained, for the [Electromagnetic Pulse] skill to use on target’s Breakbars.
One 900+ range weapon on swap for Phase-Shifting targets. You and your indomitable human spirit ❤️ 

Four notes on squad etiquette:

1. Do NOT collect the bounty targets. The Tag will gather them for us to ensure the timers don't start before everyone has arrived. (Don't worry, you will get credit for the bounty by simply attacking it once we begin.)

2. Rez your comrades before they die! (Alive = better morale and more DPS; more DPS = faster zone clear; faster = more loot/XP for your time.)

3. If at any point you're completely dead, please WP and run back asap, because rez'ing from the defeated state has a slower channel than from the downed state - this risks wiping the squad.

4. "Be Excellent To Each Other!"

Each tour will begin at 5pm UTC.

The zones are divided and grouped as follows:

Desert Highlands (18 targets)

Crystal Oasis (18 targets)

POF/LWS4 Combo: Elon Riverlands & Sandswept Isles (24 targets)

Desolation (18 targets)
Domain of Vabbi (24 targets)

LWS4: Jahai Bluffs, Domain of Kourna, & Domain of Istan. (14 targets)

LWS3: Kryta (11+ targets)

I look forward to adventuring forth with you all in the days ahead and to bringing our collective destructive might down upon these tasty walking loot bearers!

To join the squad for this, use this chat command: /sqjoin Aerulight.7250

Thank you! ^_^

Edited by Aerulight.7250
discord link update

UPDATE

After a full week run and getting to run each tour at least once, I have better gauged what I can offer as my best self. So here is an adjusted schedule for my Total Bounty Tours:(And massive thanks to everyone who has joined so far, it has been a lot of fun! (Those flawless kills are adding up already, love it!))

Tours will be done every other day, (was originally daily) starting this coming Monday (01/18/21).

The start time remains 5pm UTC.

Please be sure to check the discord for the most accurate schedule: https://discord.gg/c82qBdSdXE

Or conversely, you can always whisper me in game and ask which zone is next and on what day. 🙂

So far each run has gone smoothly and swiftly, clocking in at near the lowest estimated run time. Our best Flawless Kills record is already 5/26 for LWS4, followed by a tie of 3/18 for Desolation and Crystal Oasis. Well done!

My present intent is to continue running these squads until the expansion EOD is released.

Thank you! ^_^

Edited by Aerulight.7250
discord link update

• 1 month later...

UPDATE

We've been running these for a month now and you have all done superbly well. Your friendliness, coordination, and cooperation are very commendable. You've brought excellent DPS and wonderful Healing - with top notch Rez-Response (love that so much). And extra great: you are getting very good at using CC's on the Blue bar only so that we have nice long burn windows, fantastic!

Here are your Flawless Kills records so far:

(the number of targets within the total number of targets in a zone which were killed without a single player dying or even being downed)

LWS3: Kryta: 6/11

LWS4: JB: 1/4 + DK: 3/5 + DI: 2/5 + SI: 3/12 = 9/26

DH: 6/18

CO: 9/18

ER: 4/12

DES: 3/18

DV: 10/24

Fabulous work everyone! I hope you feel awesome about those numbers, because they are awesome!

There is one change to announce:

Going forward, I am going to drop the LWS3 Bounty Tour from the regular rotation. I will still offer the LWS3 bounty tour, but only upon request. This is because this one has a harder time getting enough people gathered to start it. However, it is a viable run when people are interested. Keep this in mind if you need Core Tyria Mastery XP or help with the Achievements associated with the Krytan Bounties. You can request this tour through whisper or mail in-game or in the questions/requests section of the discord: https://discord.gg/c82qBdSdXE

Tours will still run every other day at 5pm UTC until the release of End of Dragons.

I would like to get a perfect blitz by then, so know that challenge is out there to be conquered >:3

As always, thank you for joining us and may the loot be with you until we meet again!

Edited by Aerulight.7250
discord link update

• 4 weeks later...

There have now been numerous requests for a guild to be made to support this content and more. If this is something you wish to be a part of, please visit the discord linked above to vote on the name of the guild, or reply here, or in game via whisper or mail with your vote or alternate suggestions. Thank you!

Here are the updated Flawless Kills record as of today:

LWS4: JB: 1/4 + DK: 3/5 + DI: 2/5 + SI: 3/12 = 9/26

DH: 9/18

CO: 9/18

ER: 4/12

DES: 7/18

DV: 11/24

The coordination and comradery so far have gotten many of the runs up to 50% Flawless, that's incredible!

With that kind of effort, I believe it is possible for our community to see a Perfect Blitz in the future. Go for it! ^_^

Edited by Aerulight.7250

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you GW2 community for the guild request and your enthusiastic support for this content. I am impressed at the level of openness and kindness you bring to these areas and your ability to learn and grow has been a delight to observe.

The requested guild has been dubbed thusly: Ms Poppins Boppin Bunny Brigade [iHop]

You've grown the in-game head count to over 40, and the Discord head count to over 80. Well done!

And now an update on your Flawless Kills so far:

LWS4: JB: 2/4 + DK: 5/5! + DI: 3/5 + SI: 5/12 = 15/26

DH: 9/18

CO: 10/18

ER: 5/12

DES: 7/18

DV: 11/24

Congratulations! You've unlocked the Perfect Blitz!!! bragging rights 😄

As you can see above, you have cleared all of the Domain of Kourna without a single death nor down for the entire zone! Wow!

You've also broken the 50% threshold on one of the bigger zones, Crystal Oasis. Keep up the good work everyone, at this pace we'll reach Perfect Blitz in all zones in short order! ^_^

Edited by Aerulight.7250

With the new forum features updates, I have been able to tidy up the posts in this thread a bit and finally fix the name (yay!). The guild Discord server for this activity has also been tidied up for improved clarity. A new link to the server has been made and corrected in all previous posts. The tours have been restructured a bit and the schedule has been adjusted to account for a new guild missions offering.

Present Offering:
Mondays: [iHop] Guild Missions (bonus time slot at 10pm/22:00 UTC )
Wednesdays: Total Bounty Tour 
Fridays: Total Bounty Tour

As always, these activities will start at 5pm/17:00 UTC (server time), and squads begin gathering 30 min prior. 

Tours will rotate offered zones in the following order: (current Flawless Kills Record included)

LWS4: JB: 2/4 + DK: 5/5 + DI: 3/5 | 10/14
POF: DH: 9/18
POF: CO: 10/18

COMBO: ER: 5/12 + SI: 5/12 | 10/24

POF: DES: 7/18

POF: DV: 12/24

In April we were able to break Vabbi's record and move it to a solid 50% Flawless, well done everyone!

We have also grown the community surrounding this specific activity to over 50 people in-game, and over 85 people in the Discord server. Wow!

I would like everyone to know that the impact we make as a team and as individuals both inside these squads and outside them as we adventure forth carrying our hallmark kindness along with us has been strong and it does make a difference in every life we touch no matter how brief and inconsequential it may seem in the moment. As the Tag bearer, I have received some touching earnest letters regarding this, so please let me pass on to you the gratitude that exists out there from the many whose days had a little bit more brightness in them as we shared some of our time together.. Thank you for making GW2 a fun and friendly place to relax and recover from the myriad pains we face in our world. You matter. Thank you for you.

• 4 weeks later...

Good day fellow Tyrians!
As EOD gets closer and LWS2 is about to be re-released, it is now time for a change of focus. Going forward these Bounty Tours will be moved to 'Upon Request' status. 

Here are the Flawless Kills records we attained so far:

LWS4: JB: 2/4 + DK: 5/5 + DI: 3/5   |   10/14

POF: DH: 9/18

POF: CO: 10/18

COMBO: ER: 5/12 + SI: 5/12   |   10/24

POF: DES: 7/18

POF: DV: 12/24

In the last 5 months I have seen the wonder of how we all were able to learn and adapt to this challenging content and win some truly worthy bragging rights. Several of these Flawless Kills were against Legendary targets like the Facet, Daol Brol Shiol, Starcaller, Troopmarshal Olori Ogun, and more. We even reached a Perfect Blitz in the Domain of Kourna! We've helped each other stay alive and on our feet for maximal slaying fun while simultaneously getting each other many a needed achievement completed. Well done everyone! 
Best of all, we did it all with a flair for true kindness, we learned how to appreciate each other's needs and how to share this content so that all could enjoy it. We remembered and reclaimed what makes GW2 the best game on the market: Us.
I am deeply grateful to this community for asking me to turn this into a regular activity, and then pushing me even further out of my comfort zone and asking for a guild! Thank you for sharing these opportunities to grow as individuals and as a group together. Thank you for spending your time with me and hearing my calls as a Tag, for making these tours smooth and delightful. You gave me and each other a little spot of time and space to belong, and that is a victory even greater than our Flawless Kills. 

Let us now bring this same gusto for awesome to the upcoming Living World re-releases! Myself and iHop will remain available in the same time slot we've been running TBT's to support the re-released LW content and aid in tidying up goals in preparation for the release of EOD. Hope to see you all at the Marionette once again someday! 

May the loot always be with us! ^_^

Edited by Aerulight.7250

• 2 months later...

UPDATE: A Return!

TBT's are back on the menu!
A regular time slot for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Sundays of every month, as well as a new Purple Blitz route for the occasional 5th Sunday are now available.

Please see iHop's Google Calendar for the full schedule (now with automatic time zone conversion! woohoo!).

As always, you are welcome to visit us in our Discord to get those sweet, sweet notification pings before a tour starts.

The Flawless Kills record can also be found there as well.

If you are interested in joining us regularly, please hop in there and give yourself the Hunter role. See you there!