Jormag and Primordus Kralkatoriks offspring?

Underdark.3726

In the last Confer with Bangar achievement Jormag calls Aurene her little sister and Primordus his twin. Does this mean that they are all Kralkatoriks (and/or possibly even Glints) children or do dragons just call themselves brothers and sisters? If Jormag called only Aurene her little sister I wouldn't payed much attantion to it but the twin got me wondering.

• 3 months later...

@"Underdark.3726" said:Oh well... from little sister to grandniece... they are all a (not so) happy family in the end after all.

LOL. I forgot about that.

So, yeah, "little sister" to grandniece? They really emphasized grandniece in this play through.

Is this supposed to be somekind of hint or lore revelation? Jormag said it like three times didn't they?

She's pretty transparently trying to manipulate Aurene, targetting some unresolved family issues she clearly has (mother died before she was hatched, grandfather tried to kill her, brother died protecting her champion)

Or to put it in other words: "Jormag LIES! That's their whole thing"

We just don't know enough about their origins to know for sure.

Kralkatorrik did have a mother of sorts which tends to suggest he wasn't always an Elder Dragon although it is possible he was born one but he also had a daughter as well, Glint which does bring up a whole Elder Dragons and reproduction question into mind.

I've brought this up a few times in the past but considering what we know of Kralkatorrik, specifically his champion Shatterer Dragons is that they are not corrupted Dragons nor are they something he births from eggs.. they are constructs that he makes with magic similar to Elementals.

Glint was the only biological offspring that Kralkatorrik had that we know about but Glint herself was able to produce multiple eggs after being freed from Kralkatorriks corruption.Add to that no other known offspring of Elder Dragons has been revealed to us and all living Elder Dragons created or corrupted their minions and champions rather than give birth to them.

Based on this I tend to think that Elder Dragons may not have the means they need to produce biological offspring.. probably a side effect of Dragon Corruption, which would mean that Glint was born before Kralkatorrik became an Elder and was unable to produce eggs herself while she remained corrupted.

As far as Primordus and Jormag go.. I think they likely are literal Twin siblings.. and I expect Primordus is the firstborn of them.But I don't think Jormag and Aurine are directly related.. at least nothing yet makes me suspect that they are, if anything i'd say this is Jormag's way of trying to appeal to Aurine in the sense that Aurine has no real family.. Dragon family and is surrounded instead only by mortals who will eventually die and leave her alone in the world.Jormag is very very sly like this and will try to use any advantage it can to manipulate her., Jormag doesn't care about mortals so it does not care about us either.. it's only humoured our petty attempts to speak to it because Jormag see's us as a tool to get to Aurine, Jormag doesn't care about us but Aurine does, that is why Jormag has not spent too much effort trying to kill us.

If Jormag really wanted us dead then it could very easily have directed a large enough force to take us down.. it has the power and the numbers to achieve this, but if it did it would loose any chance it has of getting Aurine on it's side against Primordus and despite tipping the scales more in it's favour Jormag definitely appears to be afraid to confront it's brother directly, my guess is likely because of what happened the last time it happened which is why we have shards of crystalized blood scattered all over the Drizzlewood Coast.. Primordus won the last clash they had and left Jormag bloody and hurt, an event Jormag is not willing to risk happening again.

I'm looking forward to the next development with Jormag though.. after the events of this patch and what's happened to Primordus.. oh boy I bet Jormag is going to be seriously p***** off.. looking forward to that conversation lmao.

@Bast.7253 said:

@"Underdark.3726" said:Oh well... from little sister to grandniece... they are all a (not so) happy family in the end after all.

So, yeah, "little sister" to grandniece? They really emphasized grandniece in this play through.

Is this supposed to be somekind of hint or lore revelation? Jormag said it like three times didn't they?

Nah, hardly a revelation. Aurene is Kralkatolrik's granddaughter (being Glin't daughter), so it is quite valid form of address. And going to it from "little sister"? It's clear that Jormag is using those family relation terms as a form of building a connection (in order to manipulate better). Switching between terms is probably a means to convey how Jormag feels about Aurene at the moment. "sister" when she seems to acknowledge Aurene as her equal among elder dragons (and adding "little" to remind her that Jormag is still older and more experienced), and "grandniece" when trying to underscore the generation gap and point out that Aurene, after all, is still a kid that understands nothing (and should follow the guidance of her elders).

@Astralporing.1957 said:

Nah, hardly a revelation. Aurene is Kralkatolrik's granddaughter (being Glin't daughter), so it is quite valid form of address. And going to it from "little sister"? It's clear that Jormag is using those family relation terms as a form of building a connection (in order to manipulate better). Switching between terms is probably a means to convey how Jormag feels about Aurene at the moment. "sister" when she seems to acknowledge Aurene as her equal among elder dragons (and adding "little" to remind her that Jormag is still older and more experienced), and "grandniece" when trying to underscore the generation gap and point out that Aurene, after all, is still a kid that understands nothing (and should follow the guidance of her elders).

Gotchya, that makes sense. I didn't pick up on that during the playthrough but you never know when they're going to drop something in one line that winds up having much more meaning later so I tend to read into things more than I should.