The Insane Cost of the Icebrood Saga Weapon Collections (Update - Still Insane)

Eloc Freidon.5692

@Yasai.3549 said:

Interesting how I have all the masteries and more free points being unused while I didn't touch those collections. It's almost as if what you just said was false?Show me.Proof please.

You can literally check your achievements tab for the MP available if you didn't complete them yet, count and see how many above the currently needed ones you'd have. You don't need those collections and that's a fact.Now respond to my previous posts :)

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

You can literally check your achievements tab for the MP available if you didn't complete them yet, count and see how many above the needed ones you'd have.Now respond to my previous posts :)

Pics or it didn't happen.Unless yu grinded out literally every single mastery point save the collections, yu will be at least 1 or 2 points short.Yu get total of 67 points from achievements and 63 is needed to max out Dragon Slayer.

Since this post is about IBS weapon collections in the first place, as well as dipping into mandatory grinding, we've reached a point where we can simply discuss about how viable it is or mandatory it is to force players to grind achievements, especially weapon collections.

@Yasai.3549 said:

@"Sobx.1758" said:

You can literally check your achievements tab for the MP available if you didn't complete them yet, count and see how many above the needed ones you'd have.Now respond to my previous posts :)

Pics or it didn't happen.

You're hilarious if you think I'll go out of my way to upload screenshots for you of something that's literally available for you by pressing "h". At this point you must be just pretending after you realized what you keep writing is just false.

Unless yu grinded out literally every single mastery point save the collections, yu will be at least 1 or 2 points short.

357 mastery rank, still 4 available "Saga" MP and by the quick count at least 12 points still waiting in achievement tab including the collections I didn't touch, beacuse I didn't need OR want to.

Yu get total of 67 points from achievements and 63 is needed to max out Dragon Slayer.

Except 2 masteries aren't even available and there will be more points added with next episode, because that's how it worked until now and there's no reason to pretend it will suddenly stop. Are you really this thirsty for a valid point (because you still don't have one) that you'll make up lies and stick to them instead of simply opening an achievement tab and counting to prove yourself wrong?

Since this post is about IBS weapon collections in the first place, as well as dipping into mandatory grinding, we've reached a point where we can simply discuss about how viable it is or mandatory it is to force players to grind achievements, especially weapon collections.

We can "discuss" whatever as soon as you stop dodging what I wrote (and even what you wrote, which you've dropped as soon as you got asked to be more specific). For now those collections are not required for anything, there's enough mastery points without completing those 2k gold skin collections, which I simply keep avoiding.

• Confused 1

@Yasai.3549 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:No, thanks.

It has to happen eventually.If not the game will just go through cycles and cycles of recycled content models until it dies.

There's nothing to grind for, there's nothing to work toward.Raids/Strikes aren't getting any harder to challenge players.

Game is being casualized but now even the casual playerbase feels that skin grind and achievement grind is too much.

I doesn't have to happen. It never happened in Guild Wars 1 and there's no reason it should happen here. None at all. What you're saying doesn't fit me or any of the people I regularly play with and I play with a lot of people.

Some people will leave, some people will come and stay. Like every other MMO on the planet. I think there are enough people tried of gear grind to have an MMO that doesn't have it. Guild Wars 2 doesn't need to be better than every other MMO. It just needs to offer an alternative to every other MMO, which is pretty much does. Optional grind is optional.

@Yasai.3549 said:

Interesting how I have all the masteries and more free points being unused while I didn't touch those collections. It's almost as if what you just said was false?Show me.Proof please.

I have 13 extra Mastery Points for IBS. I haven't finished all the weapon sets yet, but the azure dragon slayer and the crimson dragon slayer weapon collections, the most expensive of all of them don't come with mastery points at all. The volcanic armaments collection does have a mastery point behind it and I don't have it. Tribune Weapons collector doesn't have a mastery point either. Tengu weapon collection does have a mastery point but to get it you only need to make six of the weapons and they're not that expensive.

The bottom line is that you have to finish every few weapon sets to get mastery points. I have 13 available and only need 9 to finish. Which means I have four extra. And since we know some more alliances are still coming and we're not done even after the last chapter (which will give more mastery points), this whole argument is spurious.

It reminds me of back when people were complaining they didn't have easier to get mastery points in PoF, before Season 4 came out. By the end of Season 4 those masteries were there. There are more mastery points coming.

@Sobx.1758 said:Here's an easy solution that I've found and for now it's working pretty well for me: ignore overpriced weapons/skins/collections. This way I was able to enjoy the game and not care about something that doesn't impact my gameplay in any way.

Thats true but its a shame to think that this could have been a couple hundred gold goal wgich would make it smth realistic for me to get. Its also not just in terms of gold costs everytying has gone up it feels.

Dont get me wrong ultra rare or thousand gold items are good for the game but pmuch everything theyve added is either ultra rare, a big grind or a massive gold sink. My favourite collection was the bioluminescent gear from se2 and that wasnt either of these things. I miss collections like these.

I did some of the early weapon sets easily, stormcaller, boreal, boreal v2, and tengu echo. When charged stormcaller came out I was like ok no. So far I’ve done 4 dragon slayer weapons, you know ones I really wanted. Then 2nd tier dragon slayer I did crimson and azure pistols so I could dual wield fire/ice pistols. Next up I am doing 3rd tier to upgrade my pistols. Beyond that we’ll see. Probably once I save up materials and I can afford to make some more I might do more. Other than that no incentive for me. Sorry, but waving a few amalgamated draconic lodestones and Season 4 currency in front of my face AGAIN does not help. I swear how long are they going to keep offering season 4 currency as a reward?? This only helps one time to help people get skyscale, and already there are too many ways to get the currency. We want better tier rewards. I like the bag slots stuff like that, or gifts for legendaries like we saw for gift of ice and gift of lightning (whatever they were called).

Just like with raiding content....the weapons/weapon skin content for THIS release has to do with grinding and for the very rich and not having access is what is irking many customers. I get it but the game is your stress relief NOT the developers. They implement game design systems due to a number of reasons; some known and many unknown to us. Its not ARENANET'S business or fault if players feel some internal angst over not being able to complete this weapon skin set. "Completionists" need to have a bit more resilience when they encounter roadblocks such as this. It is NOT the end of the world and dare I say there are better looking skins out there to obsess over than these ones...

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:2 Boreal sets. 1 Tengu. 2 Stormcaller sets. 5 Dragon Slayer sets including Fiery and Icy ascended weapons.

The total so far to craft all of these cost about 10,500 Gold coins to complete!

The Fiery and Icy weapons alone add 6,650 G by themselves. Compare that to the sets from Season 4, Stellar weapons at 864 G and the Heroic Dragonsblood weapons 576 G. Why do devs think this was okay?

why would you need so many weapon, you can't equip them all :#

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:2 Boreal sets. 1 Tengu. 2 Stormcaller sets. 5 Dragon Slayer sets including Fiery and Icy ascended weapons.

The total so far to craft all of these cost about 10,500 Gold coins to complete!

The Fiery and Icy weapons alone add 6,650 G by themselves. Compare that to the sets from Season 4, Stellar weapons at 864 G and the Heroic Dragonsblood weapons 576 G. Why do devs think this was okay?yes, it is ok, 11k gold is not big sum. It you not want gird - you can buy gems and close all collection asap.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:Interesting how I have all the masteries and more free points being unused while I didn't touch those collections. It's almost as if what you just said was false?Show me.Proof please.

AFAIK, you can get enough Mastery points for the entire Icebrood season without doing any of the costly weapon achievements.

Absolutely you can.

So far there are 70 mastery points available. You are currently able to master up to 54 with 9 still required, in future chapters, to max out. So 63 needed for the whole of IBS, leaving 7 spare right now and more opportunities to gain mastery points expected in later chapters.

I currently have 68 and am missing the Volcanic Stormcaller collection and Dragon Response Expert (16/30). I have all the currently available masteries and 14 spare. More than enough to complete the tracks even without any MPs that may come later. When IBS is done we will probably have 10-15 spare mastery points, easily enough to avoid any costly grinds.

i really dont mind the cost if the skins was par with the cost, but its a ugly reskin fest. they have no value just for AP completion.

HoT weapons collections are by far, more cheap, and more cool. theres not a single collection on IBS that compete with Auric Weapons.

theyre more expensive even that BL weapons lolz, when a new BL weaponset arrive, the average price per weapon is 30g~50g...

Anyway perhaps is a sink for tons of materials that come on Drizzlewood farm, i have not calculated yet if the required materials match.

@Yasai.3549 said:Unless yu grinded out literally every single mastery point save the collections, yu will be at least 1 or 2 points short.Yu get total of 67 points from achievements and 63 is needed to max out Dragon Slayer.

@Yasai.3549 said:Show me.Proof please.

This is very well documented on the wiki pages for the Icebrood Saga Mastery Tracks and the Icebrood Saga Mastery Unlocks. It's also easily verifiable in the hero panel as indicated by one or more posters.

According to the wiki pages, there are 70 MP available from achievements and you need a total of 63 to unlock all masteries. I don't know why you're missing three from your count whether it was by accident or intentional. Of those 70 available MP, the following are from weapon collections:

• Volcanic Stormcaller Armaments Collector
  • Stormcaller Armaments Collector
  • Tengu Weapon Collector
  • Master of the Ancestral Forge

This leaves someone skipping those collections an excess of 3 MP. I also want to point out that it's very misleading to include MP required for masteries not yet available while ignoring MP not yet made available. We still have one more episode/chapter which will add more MP. I know that you're well aware of that so there was no reason to not account for that. It not fitting within a certain narrative doesn't count as a valid reason.

If you look at the costs, the Tengu and Restored Boreal weapons cost less than 10G each to craft. The Stormcaller weapons cost about 15G each to craft. The Volcanic weapons cost about 90G each to buy off the TP.

I also point out that the none of the weapon collections from Champions, other than Volcanic, have MP tied to them.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:It takes about a year if you do the daily three with both boons and get the home instance node.Doing daily three with both boons requires reserving a character specifically for DRMs for one year (so the boons will be retained from one day to the next). Otherwise the first mission in a day will have no boons, and second only one boon.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:Here's an easy solution that I've found and for now it's working pretty well for me: ignore overpriced weapons/skins/collections.Problem is, there's barely anything
except
those collections lately.

That's just false, not sure what this claim is supposed to be, but maybe I'm just missing the point you're trying to make here.

• Confused 1

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:It takes about a year if you do the daily three with both boons and get the home instance node.Doing daily three with both boons requires reserving a character specifically for DRMs for one year (so the boons will be retained from one day to the next). Otherwise the first mission in a day will have no boons, and second only one boon.

Yeah, it's annoying.

I fully agree, the costs on the recent DRM-related collections are bloody abysmal. Despite being a maniac for unlocking skins, I will have to give up on these.Too little reward per DRM.Too much time spent in each one for the reward they give in the end.Too dull content to repeat it x100 times a day in case you decide to grind the bloody currency.Too many huge collections with unreasonable prices for them all.To hell with it. This is not worth my time.