Is there a reason why chests from meta events have a short timer on them?

meerfunkuhtron.9725

This is, in particular, about the chests from the final bosses in Drizzlewood. Some of those events spawn a ton of tiny chests, and half of them disappeared on me before the map closed. I saw from a post from last year that they're supposed to be on some kind of 5 minute timer (though it honestly felt much shorter than that). Is there a reason for that? I mean, the map is going to close regardless, why take it away early? I was cleaning my bag space on the spot when this happened, and missed out on quite a bit of chests.

@Infusion.7149 said:It's probably to stop people from multi-mapping as on Auric Basin.

As in dropping in from another instance to have another go at the chests?I can understand that. I feel like they could keep them up 'til the map actually closes though, since the whole freezing death thing happens only a few minutes after the chests disappear. Or utilize their participation system so that folks can't double dip like that. It's like a punishment for not clearing your bag space fast enough :'(

@meerfunkuhtron.9725 said:It's like a punishment for not clearing your bag space fast enough :'(

id say its a punishment for not having enough bag space and making you want to get more bag slots/ bigger bags, personally i have never needed to stop mid looting to clear inventory because i have over 100 spare slots before starting. anet make money from the bag slots in gemstore so they likely wont do anything to make your looting experience any easier, its something you will have to help yourself with.

It seems like it should be tied to doing the event (doesn't Istan do this?)I will admit, more than once I logged in on the map, found the meta had completed and was able to loot the chests without doing anything. Probably because after completing the meta and looting the chests, enough players logged out or changed maps to give me a spot to log in. Not that I'm complaining, but it does seem somewhat broken.I certainly have done the case where I log in, see that the meta has a ways before it will complete, and go off and do my daily gathering or whatever and come back 30 minutes later, just so I don't have to play the map as long, and get all the rewards on completion (I guess there are some minor rewards I miss during the meta phases, but the rewards here definitely seem to be back loaded to actual completion of the meta.)They I suppose auric basin (Tarir) is the same way.

I feel like it's a bit too short too for the final boss in Drizzlewood relative to how many chests that spawn from defeating it. I like to revive people that get downed from the last bit of the fight with the boss, which often happens, so that everyone can open as many chests as possible before they disappear. But sometimes I have missed out by just a bit on being able to open all of the chests that spawn too after reviving others. Not a big deal as I would rather help the group that fought the boss get as much loot from it as possible than open all the chests myself, but it would be nice if the timer to remove the chests could be increased at least a little.

To create challenge i guess, the content is already ridiculous easy.better comps kill champs faster, will have more time.

notice that meta is already crazily long, probably the longest meta event in the game(close to 3hrs south+north), if they extends the loot timer, the meta in overall will be even more longer.

@ugrakarma.9416 said:To create challenge i guess, the content is already ridiculous easy.better comps kill champs faster, will have more time.

notice that meta is already crazily long, probably the longest meta event in the game(close to 3hrs south+north), if they extends the loot timer, the meta in overall will be even more longer.

I don't want it to go on for even 5 minutes longer though, just a tad. An addition of 2 more minutes shouldn't be that bad?

@Antycypator.9874 said:I would say it's probably made to prevent people from slacking and afking the whole thing.

I've seen this and it's pretty annoying. I'd just see them standing above the boss where there's a bunch of ice sticking out, just standing there. > @Solvar.7953 said:

It seems like it should be tied to doing the event (doesn't Istan do this?)I will admit, more than once I logged in on the map, found the meta had completed and was able to loot the chests without doing anything. Probably because after completing the meta and looting the chests, enough players logged out or changed maps to give me a spot to log in. Not that I'm complaining, but it does seem somewhat broken.I certainly have done the case where I log in, see that the meta has a ways before it will complete, and go off and do my daily gathering or whatever and come back 30 minutes later, just so I don't have to play the map as long, and get all the rewards on completion (I guess there are some minor rewards I miss during the meta phases, but the rewards here definitely seem to be back loaded to actual completion of the meta.)They I suppose auric basin (Tarir) is the same way.

Yeah, I wonder if we get about just 1/8th of the rewards if we didn't participate at all, as opposed to getting a good amount of loot. But I've definitely noticed this I think in other maps too, where I've logged in and a meta just ended and I'm somehow able to loot chests. Which surprised me. I can certainly see the issue and I wonder why they don't just tie rewards to participation across the board. I'm wondering if that solution has negative effects in these other maps that just aren't present in others.