[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Reduce the intensity of the bright yellow flashing light that pops up every time a Soulbeast leaves beast mode (which is every time the player mounts). It may seem harmless, but if you’re camera is close to the character, the effect is too severe. Some of us experience pain and discomfort from bright flashing lights.

I'd love this, as I try to theme my armor after my builds if possible. The only way for me to achieve this is to get multiple sets of ascended gear, but I'm in legendary grade armor. Legendary armor only allows me to have one theme.

Edit:They could also make a wardrobe template system and then let build templates have equipment and wardrobe templates tied to them. Equipment templates and build templates shouldn't require two different keybindings.

@BlueJin.4127 said:Reduce the intensity of the bright yellow flashing light that pops up every time a Soulbeast leaves beast mode (which is every time the player mounts). Some of us experience pain and discomfort from bright flashing lights.

Yeah the spell particle effects are a major problem, i want to be able to turn them down at least if not off. One SB isnt causing a migraine but when there is a dog pile on a boss or event it about induces a seizure. I dont see how you could not be effected by that?

Please add crafting stations icons for the crafting stations in skrittburgh center (brisban wildlands). 8 years they are here and aren't shown on the map!

Also, the bouncing mushroom at the north of jora keep is bugged and doesn't emit any air geyser.

@zeroman.4976 said:

• Anyway, please make it so build templates can be locked in with different gliders, mount (skins/dyes) and outfits :v

This is something I would love to see implemented cause completing character looks are very important to me.

Not sure how this could be implemented, maybe add more mount/glider layouts in the mount and glider tabs and additional color layouts for them? These could have few free layouts per character and then additional slots sold in the gem store, just like the build/equipment ones. Even if they were only to be unlocked with gems, I would definitely still buy atleast one additional for each character.

Edit: Additional feature related to this could be the option to link certain equipment, build, mount and glider sets together, so when you switch one it'll automatically switch all sets to the linked one.

• Like 1

Currently, when you use mouse click to rotate your camera (and orientation), your ground-targeted skills are aimed at where your cursor was prior to the right click and it becoming invisible. Additionally, due to the effect spam, particularly in PvE, it is fully possible to outright lose track of your cursor in fights. Snap to target has multiple downsides that don't make it an ideal alternative in this case.Suggestion: While right mouse is held down (held: has a 0.15s delay before it triggers), a small, translucent reticle is projected on the center of the screen. All ground- and direction-targeted skills are aimed at that specific point, instead of the mouse cursor.Please implement this?

Maybe. Or maybe you can bind action camera toggle to an accessible key and instead of holding right click, you can turn on/off actual action camera by clicking once, casting and clicking second time to turn it off. Doesn't seem to be a huge difference compared to hodling the button, so not sure why it's an issue for you.

• Confused 1

Each equipment template could also have a fashion template build into it. So you could have a different look (including dyes, gliders, mount skins and outfits) for each equipment template even if it had the same armour. You would still need transmutation charges to change the look in the fashion template but not once it is set up and you switch between them.Now I don't really care about it, don't care about fashion, but it would probably be a great selling point for equipment templates. The current implementation of build and equipment templates was just poor for the target audience. Basically just not enough of them. But if it would also cater to the fashionable players it would be interesting for a much broader audience.

• Like 2

The action camera isn;t perfect because we have untargetable skills that are casted in direction related fo character facing, and action camera disregards camera facing (so if you happened to take a step backwards with action camera on, suddenly your "in front of you" effect is casted backwards - holdign down right mouse button doesn't have that problem, because any movement with it forces character facing to be aligned with camera direction.

so II'd say OP's suggestiong could quite nicely fill the niche there (alternatively changing interaction between action camera and those skills so character turns where you are aiming it to cast those, depends which would be easier to implement....)

@Parasite.5389 said:

@"Veprovina.4876" said:Ah, so like a temporary action camera?Yeah, that could be helpful in some situations. :+1:

if you bind something to "Disable action camera" like left ctrl, it acts as a momentary toggle for action camera

Yes but it doesn't act like a "hold" right? I mean, it's one press for on, another press for off then? Kinda seems finnicky.But if you can bind something to "hold action camera", like, you have action camera as long as you're pressing a button, then off when it's unpressed, that would be basically what OP suggests.

@The Boz.2038 said:Currently, when you use mouse click to rotate your camera (and orientation), your ground-targeted skills are aimed at where your cursor was prior to the right click and it becoming invisible. Additionally, due to the effect spam, particularly in PvE, it is fully possible to outright lose track of your cursor in fights. Snap to target has multiple downsides that don't make it an ideal alternative in this case.Suggestion: While right mouse is held down (held: has a 0.15s delay before it triggers), a small, translucent reticle is projected on the center of the screen. All ground- and direction-targeted skills are aimed at that specific point, instead of the mouse cursor.Please implement this?

This is odd, unless I misunderstand the issue, I can't reproduce this issue neither with Normal Targeting, Fast Casting with Range Indicator nor Fast Casting.Skills always cast precisely where my mouse is at the moment of cast, no matter how much I hold down RMB and move around.

If you are talking about moving the camera/targeting after actually already having cast the skill, mid animation/cast time, I feel that is working as intended and one shouldn't be able to retarget an already cast skill after the fact.

I'd recommend Fast Casting with Range Indicator though, just in general, maybe that makes targeting easier for you - as well making clearer when the skill actually already counts as cast, that being the moment you let go of the button.

Even with Action Camera, or with your suggestion, the moment you cast locks in where you cast it. Not after finishing the cast time.Where you look after casting doesn't, and shouldn't, matter.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:Ah, so like a temporary action camera?Yeah, that could be helpful in some situations. :+1:

if you bind something to "Disable action camera" like left ctrl, it acts as a momentary toggle for action camera

Yes but it doesn't act like a "hold" right? I mean, it's one press for on, another press for off then? Kinda seems finnicky.But if you can bind something to "hold action camera", like, you have action camera as long as you're pressing a button, then off when it's unpressed, that would be basically what OP suggests.

no, i don't mean the "Toggle action camera" keybind, i said "Disable action camera"when you press the asssigned key, you have action camera for as long as you hold that key, as soon as you release it, you're back to cursor mode

@Parasite.5389 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:Ah, so like a temporary action camera?Yeah, that could be helpful in some situations. :+1:

no, i don't mean the "Toggle action camera" keybind, i said "Disable action camera"when you press the asssigned key, you have action camera for as long as you hold that key, as soon as you release it, you're back to cursor mode

Ah! I understand now. Didn't know that was a thing to be honest.

So wait, if that exists, why doesn't the reverse of it exist as well lol? :smiley:As in starting in normal mode, then holding the key for action camera.They clearly have the opposite enabled, start in action, then hold for disable. :tongue:

Or am i still not getting it? I'll have to try that in game to see what it's about, so thanks for pointing it out, i'll definitely try what can be done with it! :smile:

@Veprovina.4876 said:

So wait, if that exists, why doesn't the reverse of it exist as well lol? :smiley:As in starting in normal mode, then holding the key for action camera.They clearly have the opposite enabled, start in action, then hold for disable. :tongue:

Or am i still not getting it? I'll have to try that in game to see what it's about, so thanks for pointing it out, i'll definitely try what can be done with it! :smile:

You're not getting it. It's called "disable action camera", but if you have the action camera disabled, that same key activates action camera for as long as you hold the button. OP just wants to change how rightclick specifically works because reasons.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

You're not getting it. It's called "disable action camera", but if you have the action camera disabled, that same key activates action camera for as long as you hold the button. OP just wants to change how rightclick specifically works
because reasons

Oh! Right! Thanks! :smile:I'll try it out. I think it actually might also be what OP wants too.

Can you please add Ignore Alt + Tab and Ignore Windows Key options into the game Settings?

I use the Alt, Ctrl, and Tab keys frequently for targeting purposes. When I combine the Alt and Tab keys (which happens a lot) the game will temporarily minimize to the Windows desktop, which can be super inconvenient during combat. Having an Ignore Alt + Tab option would eliminate this frustration.

And I sometimes accidentally press the Windows key while either trying to press Ctrl or Alt (since they are located close to each other on my keyboard) and this also causes the game to temporarily minimize to the Windows desktop. Adding a Ignore Windows Key option to Settings would make me very happy ;) (Unfortunately disabling the Windows key globally outside of GW2 isn't an option since I intentionally use this key for tasks like Win + R to open the Run command)

Thank you for listening to my request! :)