If gold is needed for pvp to survive, it is garbage....

Crab Fear.1624

I see people who say if you remove gold from pvp, it will kill pvp.

My thought at first is always, they are probably not a pvp-er, late bloomer, hobby botter, or just like to argue.

Even if it kills pvp, that probably means the reward system is bad, and the prestige system is terrible.

Pve needs a gold boost, and probably wvw, but pvp doesn't.

Generally you can get the most out of pvp without paying gold, and the fact that any rune or amulet ever cost gold tells me the whole shabang is wack.

PvP needs to be prestige only.

If it kills the mode, then you need to create a prestige reward system, and if that isnt it, time to reconsider conquest.

Balance is also an issue.

A pvp without support is best in this game mode.

Boost, create, and implement more ways to kill.

Support should not be viable, as it leads to tanks, and bunkers and tears.

Side noders are ok if the limit is 2, and they run or die at 3

i don't know if you were around at the time or not, but back when pvp barely had a pulse (the old pvp map) rewards were at the top of the list of things pvpers wanted. anet gave it to them. the solution is not to remove gold completely, as gold is necessary to buy things, and people like buying things. the trick is to make it not as profitable as other farms. thats it.

editwait, 2 weeks ago you made a post about leaving gold as is, but increasing gold for winning and awarding streaks? so what made you change your mind so quickly?https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/124556/leave-the-pvp-rewards-for-losing-as-is-increase-the-amount-for-winning-and-even-award-streaks#latest

I wouldn't mind if they would remove gold from pvp and player that only would like the pvp in general would stay, but on the other hand I like getting gold To make gear for wvw/raids etc...

Tho if rewards and not fun are the only thing people playing this mode you know there is something going wrong

Either people can't play games with blink blink or the game has massiv problems with matchmaking, balancing, unfun meta and no interest at all changing it since they let a quater person work on it, that can't even change skills only numbers

@Avatar.3568 said:I wouldn't mind if they would remove gold from pvp and player that only would like the pvp in general would stay, but on the other hand I like getting gold To make gear for wvw/raids etc...

Tho if rewards and not fun are the only thing people playing this mode you know there is something going wrong

Either people can't play games with blink blink or the game has massiv problems with matchmaking, balancing, unfun meta and no interest at all changing it since they let a quater person work on it, that can't even change skills only numbers

Cant you play the mode for both (rewards and for fun) i know that there are better ways to farm gold, but i personally prefer to do it in pvp since its more fun than doing it in PVE in my opinion. Ofcourse even if they remove gold i will continue PvP since thats the mode i enjoy most, but why the rewards need to go?

@razaelll.8324 said:

@Avatar.3568 said:I wouldn't mind if they would remove gold from pvp and player that only would like the pvp in general would stay, but on the other hand I like getting gold To make gear for wvw/raids etc...

Cant you play the mode for both (rewards and for fun) i know that there are better ways to farm gold, but i personally prefer to do it in pvp since its more fun than doing it in PVE in my opinion. Ofcourse even if they remove gold i will continue PvP since thats the mode i enjoy most, but why the rewards need to go?

I see it same as you, but gold Farming encourages bots and some players do it only for the gold and do not really play pvp

At the begging of gw2, pvp gave only skins, but pretty sweet skins, like vulcanos, dwayna skins etc...All weapons that where craft able.

I would Like to see if they would remove gold and mats and stuff from pvp and gave challenges to get legendary gear, just many challenges, challenges that encourages players to get better in pvp and not stupidly grind it

@Avatar.3568 said:

I see it same as you, but gold Farming encourages bots and some players do it only for the gold and do not really play pvp

At the begging of gw2, pvp gave only skins, but pretty sweet skins, like vulcanos, dwayna skins etc...All weapons that where craft able.

I would Like to see if they would remove gold and mats and stuff from pvp and gave challenges to get legendary gear, just many challenges, challenges that encourages players to get better in pvp and not stupidly grind it

Good point.

@Avatar.3568 said:

I would Like to see if they would remove gold and mats and stuff from pvp and gave challenges to get legendary gear, just many challenges, challenges that encourages players to get better in pvp and not stupidly grind itThis is the only solution to botting. Limit rewards to account bound items only. Currency that can’t be traded in any way. Bots will disappear.

@BadMed.3846 said:

I would Like to see if they would remove gold and mats and stuff from pvp and gave challenges to get legendary gear, just many challenges, challenges that encourages players to get better in pvp and not stupidly grind itThis is the only solution to botting. Limit rewards to account bound items only. Currency that can’t be traded in any way. Bots will disappear.

That is a fair point. The only thing which worries me is that when there is encouraging for winning or getting better only and none for participating in pvp that also usually leads to very toxic behaviour , people start blaming each other for loosing and such environment is usually very bad for new players.

@razaelll.8324 said:

That is a fair point. The only thing which worries me is that when there is encouraging for winning or getting better only and none for participating in pvp that also usually leads to very toxic behaviour , people start blaming each other for loosing and such environment is usually very bad for new players.

I think players will be encouraged to participate for rewards and recognition. Winning is always going to one of the outcomes for each game. Getting better or not is up to the individual. People reach a skill ceiling and that’s to be respected. May it be bronze 3 or plat 3, they should be able to enjoy the experience.Unfortunately, there is no answer to toxic behaviour in pvp. Block and move on is the best option.

@BadMed.3846 said:

I think players will be encouraged to participate for rewards and recognition. Winning is always going to one of the outcomes for each game. Getting better or not is up to the individual. People reach a skill ceiling and that’s to be respected. May it be bronze 3 or plat 3, they should be able to enjoy the experience.Unfortunately, there is no answer to toxic behaviour in pvp. Block and move on is the best option.

True. Just GW2 is famous among the MMORPG comunity as the MMORPG with the most friendly community and i hope it stays that way.

The other answer for bots is if there is only team Q, but i hope that does not get implemented, because team Q only is the best way to drive new people away from pvp. The WoW pvp community is crying for solo Q from years because at the moment you spend much more time waiting to find a group of people in LFG instead of actually playing the game.

Gold is nice general support to game mode is bad

Tue amount of bots isnt something impossible to deal with, i dare to say the number of bots are below 30

If a player is afking cuz he does not care winning, again, he does so cuz he doesnt get any punishment, in this case a soft ban (24 hours) would probably be enough

Prestige system at this point is meaningless cuz you know, you can duo q to prestige, q dodge to prestige, wintrade to prestige and play super low pop hours to prestige. In other words there isnt much prestige left.

I personally wouldnt mind if they removed gold from season reward but make league tickets and ascended boxes not to have cap, but i guess most ppl would not like this.

I could be wrong, but this problem with a day of work and 30 min weekly maintenance could be solved.

I concur on several points.

I am currently lacking the inclination to rehash old arguments and bring up points about the old days before we even had rewards worth a damn.

But ultimately bots will leave, A-net will be shown the exact depth of the population; and if it dies it deserves it's death.Besides prestige rewards will pull in more real players anyways... But only if the PvP is good, but that requires balance.Oh no... I guess I just figured out why it will never happen.

I don't quite know how toxicity for encouraging and rewarding winning is an issue in a competitive setting... That's literally the nature of competition. Respecting your opponent and the whole "I wouldn't be here if I didn't have these people as opponents" mentality only really seems to be upheld in martial arts. But it's a non point anyways attitudes in this game are fairly toxic too.

I like to pvp, that is why i joined this game. I however would probably pvp even less if there were no rewards. Many things costs a lot of gold in gw2 or require certain items. If i can combine what i enjoy (or did at least, thanks to current meta i frankly barely queue anymore), pvp that is, and make gold on the side, it is a win win. Bots will be always a problem. If anything support need to be better. In LoL and OW i get rewarded for pvp why not here?

You think bot problem will be solved w/o rewards? Not really. They will be shifted somewhere else. So you are happy as long as it doesn't affect you, doesn't it? You also miss the point that once rewards are gone the community will be really small. Like really small. You enjoy getting spawn camped by few vets that still play this game? Well then.

If you playing for long enough you'll remember when dungeons used to give 1 to 3g per path. Then they moved those rewards to fracs and raids, now you barely see dungeon groups compared to what they were. The only dungeons that are half alive are the ones envolving precursor collection progress.

Expect the same from pvp.

@Avatar.3568 said:I would Like to see if they would remove gold and mats and stuff from pvp and gave challenges to get legendary gear, just many challenges, challenges that encourages players to get better in pvp and not stupidly grind it

This is the sweetspot, I think. There has to be some reward system here. It doesn't need to be explicitly gold, though.Just keep in mind that if you want players to give them a second glance, they would have to be attractive, attainable, and exclusive, and PVE completionists generally hate that last bit.

This game is made for farming gold. People do fractals to farm gold, not because they like them. Same with metas. So ye, for 99% of players, gold is the point of pvp (i dont care about gold personally, but it would be nice if its boosted so more people play).

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:i don't know if you were around at the time or not, but back when pvp barely had a pulse (the old pvp map) rewards were at the top of the list of things pvpers wanted. anet gave it to them. the solution is not to remove gold completely, as gold is necessary to buy things, and people like buying things. the trick is to make it not as profitable as other farms. thats it.

editwait, 2 weeks ago you made a post about leaving gold as is, but increasing gold for winning and awarding streaks? so what made you change your mind so quickly?https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/124556/leave-the-pvp-rewards-for-losing-as-is-increase-the-amount-for-winning-and-even-award-streaks#latest

I made that post as a devil's advocate to keep the gold, and to see what the general pvp forum crowd would say.

Of course, some of the same people who said don't take gold away, also they said don't give more gold to winners lol.

I like to see the mental duality in the forum posters responses.

@"Fueki.4753" said:Removing rewards from PvP means removing players from PvP.Having even less players is the last thing PvP needs.

They should change the rewards to a prestige type, even if it can be grinded, but i dont think the gold is what is keeping the "players"

@Crab Fear.1624 said:I made that post as a devil's advocate to keep the gold, and to see what the general pvp forum crowd would say.

Of course, some of the same people who said don't take gold away, also they said don't give more gold to winners lol.

theres no duality about it. more gold = better farm = more bots.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:I made that post as a devil's advocate to keep the gold, and to see what the general pvp forum crowd would say.

theres no duality about it. more gold = better farm = more bots.

I wouldn't mind being on a team of winning bots.