Need gold for server transfer, how to make it?

I have around 50 gold, and only the base game.I moved to EU so I need to change servers, but already have toons and don't want to delete them for free transfers, one toon is 8 years old, since start of game.

I understand I have to do Fractals for gold and Silverware map or something?

Could someone link a recent guide or explain to me how to make gold?

I usually play around 2-4 hours a day.

Silverwastes RIBA farm, open up LFG and join any squad that has RIBA in the description.Fractals are good too, though the real gold only comes at T3/T4 and CMs.

If you don't plan on making any legendaries any time soon, you could sell your Mystic Coins if you have some, they're pretty expensive right now, a 250 stack will sell for like 500g or something. But i'd advise to keep them, they're hard to come by and if you want to do legendaries, you'll need a LOT of Mystic Coins. Though, you could keep what you already have and the ones you get from logins, and do daily Ley Line Anomaly event for 1 Mystic coin per day. That's like 2g per day. Check Event Timers for when the event appears, it's every 2 hours i think and you only need to do it once per day for effortless 2g.

Farming is an option too, visit gw2efficiency for a guide on permanent nodes and routes. Download GW2TacO as well for an in game overlay on routes. Makes gathering faster. Gather stuff, then sell the mats you gather.

Also check gw2efficiency for your bank content (register at the site and use the API key from your account to grant access to the site to your account stuff). There's some materials that are pretty expensive so you might already have a lot of "liquid gold" around already. Only sell mats if you don't plan on using them any time soon though. Cause they're hard to come by.

Salvage rares that are cheaper than 20s on TP, then sell ecto, also only if you don't immediately need it.Rares worth 30s+, sell on TP.

Kill branded stuff in the Charr territories for a mindless 1-2 hour grind, then sell any dust that drops...

There's i'm sure a lot more, but i don't know what method is the "most efficient 2 hour farm", someone else will have to answer that if you need that info.But those are just some of the gold making ways i know of. The rest kind of require expansions...

You don't have to change servers just because you've moved, plenty of people in Europe choose to play on NA servers (and the other way around). Unless you're experiencing latency issues or high ping, or you're now usually online at times when there is very little activity on your server you could stay where you are.

If you are having problems that might affect which activities you can do to get gold - for example if there's barely anyone online when you are then the Silverwastes meta event might not be a good way of making gold, because most of the rewards come from the later stages, and you can only get to that point if there's enough people. But gold can come from anywhere. It's faster to farm gold in some areas than others, but that doesn't mean it's the only option.

If I was in your situation I'd actually start by looking at what you've got in your material storage which you can sell. You might be surprised by how much gold you can get by selling stuff which you don't need. Also look for currencies like laurels or badges of honour which can be used to buy stuff you can sell for gold (for laurels it's medium or heavy crafting bags, for badges of honour shield generator and catapault blueprints are often the most profitable). Like materials those currencies often accumulate as you play and have limited uses so they can be a good source of gold when you need it.

Also, do you plan to play World vs World on your new server? If not I strongly recommend moving to one of the medium population servers because it's much cheaper (500 gems, vs. 1000 for a medium pop server and 1800 for a high pop one) so that will make getting enough gold much easier.

@Danikat.8537 said:You don't have to change servers just because you've moved, plenty of people in Europe choose to play on NA servers (and the other way around). Unless you're experiencing latency issues or high ping, or you're now usually online at times when there is very little activity on your server you could stay where you are.

If you are having problems that might affect which activities you can do to get gold - for example if there's barely anyone online when you are then the Silverwastes meta event might not be a good way of making gold, because most of the rewards come from the later stages, and you can only get to that point if there's enough people. But gold can come from anywhere. It's faster to farm gold in some areas than others, but that doesn't mean it's the only option.

If I was in your situation I'd actually start by looking at what you've got in your material storage which you can sell. You might be surprised by how much gold you can get by selling stuff which you don't need. Also look for currencies like laurels or badges of honour which can be used to buy stuff you can sell for gold (for laurels it's medium or heavy crafting bags, for badges of honour shield generator and catapault blueprints are often the most profitable). Like materials those currencies often accumulate as you play and have limited uses so they can be a good source of gold when you need it.

Also, do you plan to play World vs World on your new server? If not I strongly recommend moving to one of the medium population servers because it's much cheaper (500 gems, vs. 1000 for a medium pop server and 1800 for a high pop one) so that will make getting enough gold much easier.

I forgot about cost for transfer being lower according to server population! Thanks!I moved to Europe and I'd like to join a Spanish server so I can play with people from this country and you know, meet people eventually.I do get along with people from NA, but I already have +6 hours difference with EST gang, so it's quite a lot if I wanna hang around a guild.

@"Veprovina.4876" said:Silverwastes RIBA farm, open up LFG and join any squad that has RIBA in the description.Fractals are good too, though the real gold only comes at T3/T4 and CMs.

If you don't plan on making any legendaries any time soon, you could sell your Mystic Coins if you have some, they're pretty expensive right now, a 250 stack will sell for like 500g or something. But i'd advise to keep them, they're hard to come by and if you want to do legendaries, you'll need a LOT of Mystic Coins. Though, you could keep what you already have and the ones you get from logins, and do daily Ley Line Anomaly event for 1 Mystic coin per day. That's like 2g per day. Check Event Timers for when the event appears, it's every 2 hours i think and you only need to do it once per day for effortless 2g.

Farming is an option too, visit gw2efficiency for a guide on permanent nodes and routes. Download GW2TacO as well for an in game overlay on routes. Makes gathering faster. Gather stuff, then sell the mats you gather.

Also check gw2efficiency for your bank content (register at the site and use the API key from your account to grant access to the site to your account stuff). There's some materials that are pretty expensive so you might already have a lot of "liquid gold" around already. Only sell mats if you don't plan on using them any time soon though. Cause they're hard to come by.

Salvage rares that are cheaper than 20s on TP, then sell ecto, also only if you don't immediately need it.Rares worth 30s+, sell on TP.

Kill branded stuff in the Charr territories for a mindless 1-2 hour grind, then sell any dust that drops...

There's i'm sure a lot more, but i don't know what method is the "most efficient 2 hour farm", someone else will have to answer that if you need that info.But those are just some of the gold making ways i know of. The rest kind of require expansions...

Awesome suggestions for this API thing to check my bank and the routes I could take. Thanks so much, gonna try those, I'll get the expansions but wanna get a feel of the guilds and such first!

@Zorish.2940 said:

@"Veprovina.4876" said:Silverwastes RIBA farm, open up LFG and join any squad that has RIBA in the description.Fractals are good too, though the real gold only comes at T3/T4 and CMs.

If you don't plan on making any legendaries any time soon, you could sell your Mystic Coins if you have some, they're pretty expensive right now, a 250 stack will sell for like 500g or something. But i'd advise to keep them, they're hard to come by and if you want to do legendaries, you'll need a LOT of Mystic Coins. Though, you could keep what you already have and the ones you get from logins, and do daily Ley Line Anomaly event for 1 Mystic coin per day. That's like 2g per day. Check
for when the event appears, it's every 2 hours i think and you only need to do it once per day for effortless 2g.

Farming is an option too, visit
for a guide on permanent nodes and routes. Download GW2TacO as well for an in game overlay on routes. Makes gathering faster. Gather stuff, then sell the mats you gather.

Awesome suggestions for this API thing to check my bank and the routes I could take. Thanks so much, gonna try those, I'll get the expansions but wanna get a feel of the guilds and such first!

Of course, take it at your own pace. Personally, i find gw2efficiency and TacO to be extreme time savers when it comes to map completion, farming and just general grindy stuff. Butwhen i'm just playing without a goal, i don't really have TacO enabled. Just when farming.

@"Zorish.2940" said:

I do get along with people from NA, but I already have +6 hours difference with EST gang, so it's quite a lot if I wanna hang around a guild.

You can actually join a spanish guild while being on the EU servers. The limitation of servers do not count for guilds.A good way to find a guild would be looking at the spanish forums: https://es-forum.guildwars2.com/I had to use google translate, but it seems most guilds recruit in the section called Rincón de la comunidad

the main limitations are that you can not be on the same map.You can chat with eachotheryou can participate in GM's like the trek. Just not the ones that requires you to be on the same map (e.g. bounty and mission)