Shiver Emote Tome Reward Track - locked and unavailable??

Adzekul.3104

So I take pride in having achieved every single reward from every single WvW reward track. Every once in a while I check to make sure no new ones have snuck in ... and one did!

It is called "Shiver Emote Tome Reward Track" and it is locked (at least for me). You can only unlock it by buying "Shivering Ice" from a misleadingly/vaguely named vendor: "a recruited faction vendor in Eye of the North". So which one of the vendors is this? None of them have any vague similarity in their names or titles. We have:1) Support Mark Vendor2) Defense-Seal Vendor3) Seal Discount Vendor4) Karma Merchant5) Vigil Emissary6) Runic Armorsmith7) Merchant (a tengu)

Is this time-gated / slipped through the cracks / not intended to be in the game, or is it a bug?

@"Adzekul.3104" said:So I take pride in having achieved every single reward from every single WvW reward track. Every once in a while I check to make sure no new ones have snuck in ... and one did!

It is called "Shiver Emote Tome Reward Track" and it is locked (at least for me). You can only unlock it by buying "Shivering Ice" from a misleadingly/vaguely named vendor: "a recruited faction vendor in Eye of the North". So which one of the vendors is this? None of them have any vague similarity in their names or titles. We have:1) Support Mark Vendor2) Defense-Seal Vendor3) Seal Discount Vendor4) Karma Merchant5) Vigil Emissary6) Runic Armorsmith7) Merchant (a tengu)

Is this time-gated / slipped through the cracks / not intended to be in the game, or is it a bug?

It's not available yet. Till the next chapter 3 additional factions will join (Kodan/Skritt/Olmakhan), very likely one of the will sell the item (I guess it will be the Kodan).After it's added, you can normally buy it from the faction vendor (Support Mark Vendor) for 2 weeks and afterwards from the Seal Vendor.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Yes, I know. Thought we were talking about the Champions Reward Track, but I can see how someone would refer to the (Shiver) Episode Meta, as well.

It is something many players/posters asked for. Glad to see it.

I'd rather have a Champions (/stretch) reward track than the shiver emote reward track actually. I guess that'll take another year or so going by how long it took them to get the /shiver emote on a WvW/PvP track.

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Yes, I know. Thought we were talking about the Champions Reward Track, but I can see how someone would refer to the (Shiver) Episode Meta, as well.

It
is
something many players/posters asked for. Glad to see it.

I'd rather have a Champions (/stretch) reward track than the shiver emote reward track actually. I guess that'll take another year or so going by how long it took them to get the /shiver emote on a WvW/PvP track.

There should be an additional reward track for /stretch as well.Maybe we get that one with chapter 4.