[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

@"Asum.4960" said:This is odd, unless I misunderstand the issue, I can't reproduce this issue neither with Normal Targeting, Fast Casting with Range Indicator nor Fast Casting.Skills always cast precisely where my mouse is at the moment of cast, no matter how much I hold down RMB and move around.You misunderstand the issue greatly.Cast goes to where mouse is, or was when right click made it disappear. Knowing where it is or was at every point in a fight is not at all reliable. This would replace the "cast at where mouse is/was" with "cast at reticle that sits above my head, which is always where my character is pointing".

@The Boz.2038 said:

@"Asum.4960" said:This is odd, unless I misunderstand the issue, I can't reproduce this issue neither with Normal Targeting, Fast Casting with Range Indicator nor Fast Casting.Skills always cast precisely where my mouse is at the moment of cast, no matter how much I hold down RMB and move around.You misunderstand the issue greatly.Cast goes to where mouse is, or was when right click made it disappear. Knowing where it is or was at every point in a fight is not at all reliable. This would replace the "cast at where mouse is/was" with "cast at reticle that sits above my head, which is always where my character is pointing".

No, that's exactly what I can't reproduce. Where the mouse was before/at the moment RMB was held down does not matter for me at all. It always casts where the mouse is, at the moment of the start of the cast.

So unless there is some misunderstanding about starting and finishing the cast (and starting the cast is what is supposed to lock in the target location, not finishing it), I'm curious about what kind of combination of targeting options could enable this issue.

Alright, I just figured out what you meant. That honestly never occurred as a problem to me, as you'd still get a targeting reticule with Normal or Fast Cast with Indicator as to where your mouse is currently located, and I suppose my brain just automatically tracks where I had the mouse when engaging RMB.I suppose your issue is with the Instant casting option while locking the camera/cursor at weird positions then?

Switching to Fast Cast with Range Indicator (this being the same speed as Fast Casting, just with the added option of holding the button for aiming) should address that issue mostly though, allowing you to just hold down the button, giving you that targeting reticule (albeit be it not centered), no? That or just keeping the mouse centered/quickly recentering the mouse before engaging RMB ofc.

Otherwise, I'm all for optional targeting methods, but I'm honestly not confident Anet is going to develop a whole new targeting system 8+ years in for what seems like a fairly niche issue/semi user error. Especially since what you are asking for, essentially, is Action Camera (just as a hold down activation on RMB).

I actually have the Action Camera toggle bound to my mouse, and that works fantastically. Since your issue seems to be that you lock of your courser at weird positions for prolonged amounts of time of holding down RMB, and forgetting your positioning while looking around, you could also try just binding action cam there, essentially just freeing you from having to hold down the button, while giving you that exact targeting reticule while looking around as if you were holding RMB.

I'm glad to see people tend to agree, it would really be awesome to have all those completely different outfits to wear and change.I hope to see it come in to the game at some point, even if you need to buy skin templates to go lock into the build templates or something :)

• Like 1

I was redoing the Drizzlewood Coast meta two or three times during the last event week. That's when I noticed how inconvenient the speech bubbles are that incoming and outgoing communication via our asuran radio device creates, directly above our characters' heads.

• For instance, they cover the three-color defuse icons during the mine defuse event as well as drown out their sounds, leaving us with no clue on the required defuse code, resulting in a failed attempt.
  • They also block your view on things in front of you, for instance when you are doing the raven flight challenge. Very annoying.

Can we please get an option in the settings that allows us to deactivate speech bubbles? That would really help on maps like Drizzlewood.

• Like 1

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:any chance we can have an option to toggle cape/back item to show while in combat and out of combat, kinda like gw1 days or even todays weapon's while hiding them in stowed but show up when fighting.

imo, dislike the capes/back item hiding/clipping 2 handed weapons while in idle mode.

while we're at it wish they'd add a hide/show helmet in combat/in town too (+ an always off/on option)

At the moment it's pretty inconsistent. If you have everything set to show then two-handed weapons will go on top of, and likely clip through, whatever back item you're using, but shields will hide it when they're stowed (unless you hide the shield). Or you can hide the weapons when stowed showing only the back item until you draw them, or hide the back item entirely so only the weapons show but then the backpack never appears.

Adding the option to hide back items when your weapons are stowed would be nice because then it would give everyone all the options. IMO the ideal would be to change shields at the same time to work the same as other weapons and the back item is only hidden when your shield is stowed if you set it to do that. It might be the least popular option but I can imagine times when players might want a shield and a backpack showing together. (I don't know I'd do that, but I don't mind holographic items clipping through things, because...well, they're holograms.)

@Astyrah.4015 said:

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:any chance we can have an option to toggle cape/back item to show while in combat and out of combat, kinda like gw1 days or even todays weapon's while hiding them in stowed but show up when fighting.

imo, dislike the capes/back item hiding/clipping 2 handed weapons while in idle mode.

while we're at it wish they'd add a hide/show helmet in combat/in town too (+ an always off/on option)Towns should automatically switch to town clothes.

Just saying. I've always found it amusing Anet didnt chose to monetize that separately from fighting gear.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:any chance we can have an option to toggle cape/back item to show while in combat and out of combat, kinda like gw1 days or even todays weapon's while hiding them in stowed but show up when fighting.

while we're at it wish they'd add a hide/show helmet in combat/in town too (+ an always off/on option)Towns should automatically switch to town clothes.

Just saying. I've always found it amusing Anet didnt chose to monetize that separately from fighting gear.

At first they did, we used to have town clothes, which could only be equipped outside of combat. Apart from the default set which everyone got it was only available from the crown store. But then they scrapped that system and introduced outfits instead. Some town clothes became outfits (like the pirate and chef costumes) others became tonics for a while, then years later also got converted into outfits and some pieces (mainly head gear) became armour skins.

I still use outfits as town clothes. The majority of outfits I buy are ones which don't look like armour and ideally look like something NPCs might wear in a city and I use them for times when my character's armour would look out of place. I don't know I'd want it to switch automatically, because sometimes I want my armour in a city, but I've often wished they'd bring back the keybinding, so you could switch between your armour and currently selected outfit without having to open the menu.

Please reduce the intensity/brightness of the flashing pillar of light that plays every time the Pharus is drawn. Some players experience pain and/or discomfort from flashing lights. It sucks spending gold and effort into this skin, only to not be able to use it because of the flashing light.