Best Solo Open World PvE Class (bounties, events, champions, etc)

Opopanax.1803

@taara.3217 said:

@AliamRationem.5172 said:Mordrem Flower is not a good test ...If one a LOT more damager than other, I will see it, that is enough and that is all that I want to see. Mordrem Flower is good only because it simple enough not to spend much time in defence, but cause damage + there are not many people around and you can fight solo much time - only those reasons.

You can test damage on a training golem, too. But as this is a discussion of the relative strengths of builds for soloing legendaries/champions, it is relevant to know how these builds perform under heavy pressure.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@taara.3217 said:

@AliamRationem.5172 said:... it is relevant to know how these builds perform under heavy pressure.I agree, but that's another issue, next step. They said, that Ren do LOT more damage. That is why I want to see this damage first in simplest challenge without any heavy pressure, etc., but in real fight, not on test golem.

The golem is used to reduce random factors. Herald ~13k dps for me. Ren 19.2k and ren has far more battle scar proccs and could even use kalla elite for extra lifesteal.48% more is a lot more dmg for me.Ren has also more cc. Maybe you are just not good at condi ren if you cant kill the hp faster?

@"Nephalem.8921" said:The golem is used to reduce random factors.How much time you need to kill Mordrem Flower?

Maybe you just not good at condi ren if you cant kill the hp faster?Maybe. I have written earlier to you: "On the other side, sure, I have not much experience playing Ren (I tried, but found nothing interesting to me), that is why maybe I did something wrong..."

so OP..i have had the same question as you and my journey this last week to find not only the best class/spec to complete as much as I can solo while also not being required to play on the spaztic level of a lord hizen has been frustrating and expensive by way of gems and gold.

depends on how hard you want to work for that bounty, or that champion. some just can't be solo'd without a very specific class or spec (looking at you bastard toxic spider queen and your damned cocoon), but a lot of the classes posted here are a lot of work to play at the level that does solo.

i started farting around with champions in pof with a core power necro minion master, unlocked reaper and did the same thing and y'know what? i found the simplicity of core necro and the fact taht shroud lasts sooo much longer to be far more relaxing and just as effective if not a little slower to kill.

took ranger from 2012 into pof unlocked the points made a soul beast and found that if i didn't already know all of the mechanics of the particular champion/elite/whatever i was going to be downed, even in the newly tradeable trailblazer stuff.

i'm going to try a scrapper next. they look braindead easy to play which is weird considering it's attached to an engineer, but they seem obscenely powerful for the effort you put in. not having a ranged option could be hard when you try to do some stuff in old tyria like the swamp event in queensland, but who says you cant slot a grenade kit and just chuck when you can't melee? my problem is i despise core engineer and i can't wrap my brain around a core engineer that is going to get all of those pof points to unlock scrapper considering i didn't have to learn the fights on my core necro - she bullied herself and abused fully all of those champions without trying - but i'm also sooo bored of necro (and everyone and their mother is a necro, which i find a turn off along with halatosis and webbed toes).

@Dixa.6017 said:so OP..i have had the same question as you and my journey this last week to find not only the best class/spec to complete as much as I can solo while also not being required to play on the spaztic level of a lord hizen has been frustrating and expensive by way of gems and gold.

depends on how hard you want to work for that bounty, or that champion. some just can't be solo'd without a very specific class or spec (looking at you kitten toxic spider queen and your damned cocoon), but a lot of the classes posted here are a lot of work to play at the level that does solo.

i started farting around with champions in pof with a core power necro minion master, unlocked reaper and did the same thing and y'know what? i found the simplicity of core necro and the fact taht shroud lasts sooo much longer to be far more relaxing and just as effective if not a little slower to kill.

took ranger from 2012 into pof unlocked the points made a soul beast and found that if i didn't already know all of the mechanics of the particular champion/elite/whatever i was going to be downed, even in the newly tradeable trailblazer stuff.

i'm going to try a scrapper next. they look braindead easy to play which is weird considering it's attached to an engineer, but they seem obscenely powerful for the effort you put in. not having a ranged option could be hard when you try to do some stuff in old tyria like the swamp event in queensland, but who says you cant slot a grenade kit and just chuck when you can't melee? my problem is i despise core engineer and i can't wrap my brain around a core engineer that is going to get all of those pof points to unlock scrapper considering i didn't have to learn the fights on my core necro - she bullied herself and abused fully all of those champions without trying - but i'm also sooo bored of necro (and everyone and their mother is a necro, which i find a turn off along with halatosis and webbed toes).

I suggest you try aliam's fire weaver from the elementalist thread. His build is not only solid, but its really cheap as it uses mainly Dire gear which can be bought of the TP.

@"Nephalem.8921" said:

Regarding fb. It has currently the fastest fractal cm solos. saying its only good for burst is just wrong. Well it is like that if you use a Lord Hizen build. Use instead:

That Lord Hizen build you mentioned is only good vs normal mobs. The builds i linked are better vs everything else.

...As I promised I've been trying that build from Roul and I must conceed that the damage is impressive (compared to everything else), even without using the Balthazar runes, the food and the signet it melts targets targets faster than a pure viper condi Renegade. But I'm not sure about the sustain: has very limited access to breakstuns/stability, and if you want cleanses (through tomes or utilities) you erode your dps. Sure, kills things faster than other builds, but also dies faster and is one of the best glass cannons to reach 0 dps due a input mistake... Powerful for the "pros", but for the average joe the Renegade variantes and the condi Herald do similar work (at considerably lower pace) much safer and with way more room for errors.

@Buran.3796 said:...As I promised I've been trying that build from RoulStarted play Guard some days ago to try the same build with champs/bounty solo content, we`ll see ) And as for condi Herald - fully agree with you, despite this spec far from DPS-leader specs but strong enough to do almost all champs/bounty Open World solo content quite comfortably.

@Buran.3796 said:

@"Nephalem.8921" said:

Regarding fb. It has currently the fastest fractal cm solos. saying its only good for burst is just wrong. Well it is like that if you use a Lord Hizen build. Use instead:

That Lord Hizen build you mentioned is only good vs normal mobs. The builds i linked are better vs everything else.

...As I promised I've been trying that build from Roul and I must conceed that the damage is impressive (compared to everything else), even without using the Balthazar runes, the food and the signet it melts targets targets faster than a pure viper condi Renegade. But I'm not sure about the sustain: has very limited access to breakstuns/stability, and if you want cleanses (through tomes or utilities) you erode your dps. Sure, kills things faster than other builds, but also dies faster and is one of the best glass cannons to reach 0 dps due a input mistake... Powerful for the "pros", but for the average joe the Renegade variantes and the condi Herald do similar work (at considerably lower pace) much safer and with way more room for errors.

Wow calling a tb / plaguedoctor build glass cannon is definitely something i havent heard yet. You have like 22k hp + 2.5k armor. Litany of wrath is a fullheal every 25sec. You can swap in the cleanse mantra to have way more cleanses than herald or syg for on demand stunbreak + stab.Can you even complete the drm cms within the timelimit with the herald build? Herald has more sustain but almost no content requires that amount of sustain. Only very few bounties would need that.

100% Necro for my part. Can go a bit tanky with some trailblazer, survival via Corruption line GM #2 (One which gives you HP based on condition applied). Can go with Minion Master too., Can be reaper for non champion/bounty fights.

yeah. Necro for me. And it's a bit friendly in terms of usage too.

@"Nephalem.8921" said:

Wow calling a tb / plaguedoctor build glass cannon is definitely something i havent heard yet. You have like 22k hp + 2.5k armor. Litany of wrath is a fullheal every 25sec. You can swap in the cleanse mantra to have way more cleanses than herald or syg for on demand stunbreak + stab.Can you even complete the drm cms within the timelimit with the herald build? Herald has more sustain but almost no content requires that amount of sustain. Only very few bounties would need that.

Let start saying that I'm an average player and usually don't run fractals (the highest I've done was ~60), so I'm not a "pro" at neither soloing or doing PvE content (I do play PvP a lot more). Then let me also say that the stat numbers are fine (more than enough HP, decent armor albeit an argument can be made about replacing Plage Doctor with either Seraph or Dire is more effective). My problem with the Burn FB build is more in the line of the game mechanics (and probably due my lack of experience using it), so let me explain the caveats I have with it so maybe you can undo my wrongs and help me to understand better how must to be played:

Lets say that I'm doing a solo HoT hero point run, using power Herald (staff + swords), condi Herald (mace + axe/shield) or Renegade variants (short bow) and the condi quickness Firebrand. Most of the champions can be soloed easily just circling them and occasionally evading stronger attacks (the Golem in the airship, the Mordrem dinosaurs, the Chak and the mushroom in the Auric Basin...). But some of them enter in the fight flanked by other foes (the vampyric matriarch, the itzel at the south of Verdant Brink, the tengu in Auric Basin...). When I fight those champs with my Revs my course of action is usually very clear: I disable the defiance bar from the champ, then I focus the bodyguards asap to remove them and prevent their actions while the main fight takes place. The power Herald Rev has excellent breakstuns and mobility, and plenty of cc; the condi Herald can do strong AoE damage while gaining life (thanks to the torment runes) so doesn't need to focus on the scort to bleed them out while fighting the boss, and the Renegade variants can stun in AoE while fighting, so in all of those cases the fight moves fast from 1 vs N to 1 vs the champ without wasting too many life saving tools.

In the condi Firebrand case, I need to spent a lot of tools in the first seconds to grant the burst to fastly kill those bodyguards (focus #5, the stability source of choice, some cc skills to disable the champion... ). Usually I burst those secundary foes fast, but then the champ recovers and I find myself lacking defensive tools (they are in cooldown) for the main fight, so I burst the boss maybe over 50% or 60%, but then I end dying. And looking at the Roul video (which showcases a few broken armor pieces in the hero panel), dying is not unusual despite the 3K armor/22K HP. Whith the Revs, the kill time is slower, but I rarely find myself on downed state once I'm familiar with the boss mechanics.

Tha's why despite recognizing the awesome dps of the condi Firebrand build, I end thinking that the Rev is currently the best soloing class in the game: you have at least 3 largely capable soloing builds with huge sustain, two of them can work well at both mele and range, and they are easy to play, whereas the quick Firebrand variants, no matter if power or condi, do require very diligent use of the hotkeys and a more stressful skill spaming to avoid dying. I do prefer a 100 seconds boss killing with a 90% win ratio over a 50 seconds boss killing with a 70% win ratio. But as I said, I'n not extremely skillful...

@"Obtena.7952" said:Can someone post a link to the condi Rev build we are talking about here?

The condition Herald I'm talking about is this one:

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PmxAke7lhQKsIyiJRXMICjBSiMBqgj+SdrD-zRJYkRLfZ0RBESK49BJI6tsonG-e

Hizen has a couple of videos showcasing the gameplay, and is expected a new revision in the next weeks, since He's already releasing a series of videos of his favouritre solo PvE builds with each class (only Necro and Rev last to be released):

The condition Renegade we are talking about has some variants, from pure viper to viper/griever mix or full trailblazer, there's a few guides, those are some of the best. Nike's build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmQAUlhQLMJSjFRZMIajBSjMBygj+1/TF-zRJYkRBfZ0RBESCI8sw7nG-e

Paper Roll's variant:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAUlfltQHMNqhlROsN6hNSfMDKgju1/TF-zRJYkR9fZEbKESFI/A-e

The power Renegade variant is this one:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAUxzltQHMNqhlROsN6hNSfMDKgJ11/rF-zRZYBJ1AY4wOC68MiVF0rUwjngA6t47rF-e

Two very long threads about the pros and the cons of each approach can be found on the Revenant forum:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/121056/condition-renegade-or-condition-herald#latest

• 1 month later...

Lord Hizen just released this week a video showcasing his prefered build for open world Renegade and pretty much seals the deal: it crushes the Legendary Facet in 4'35" (Roul's Firebrand does it in 4'35", and albeit can be argued that in Roul's video uses the tanky version of the FB, Hizen's one is in full trailblazer so is easy to see how without even pushing viper or grieving condi Renegade has an edge in damage while having more tanky stats and higher sustain):