Longbow rangers/soulbeasts is the most unfun experience I ever had in a long time playing this game.

Aikon.6140

I wonder why 80% of players I see roaming in wvw are Rangers or Soulbeast, that class seriously need a complete rework for wvw.They have stealth, survivability, mobility, no sense burst damage, and all of this while standing 2km far from target, they can even outchase you while in mount with super speed.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:I sure hope ur icon isn't the class u play if so.... lolz. Imagine complaining about a class that has a niche role in wvw and isn't meta in pvp while playing a class that has a top meta build in every mode.Seriously.

I love how everybody that needs to defend their broken class can only argue with saying "my class is not broken, your is!".And btw no, I'm not FB player, I play chrono tank, daredevil staff, Core guardian hammer, and sometimes DH.

@Aikon.6140 said:

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:I sure hope ur icon isn't the class u play if so.... lolz. Imagine complaining about a class that has a niche role in wvw and isn't meta in pvp while playing a class that has a top meta build in every mode.Seriously.

I love how everybody that needs to defend their broken class can only argue with saying "my class is not broken, your is!".And btw no, I'm not FB player, I play chrono tank, daredevil staff, Core guardian hammer, and sometimes DH.

Well, you should consider firebrand over that list of second and third string stuff.You might find soulbeast more balanced.

@Aikon.6140 said:

Lol well wheres ur post about trapper rune being busted on dh post, or did I miss ur post about the accessive passive burn procs on core burn guards being against anets anti passive directives?

@Aikon.6140 said:I wonder why 80% of players I see roaming in wvw are Rangers or Soulbeast

Because people like playing Ranger, and they're not that welcome in larger groups due to how much other classes contribute in comparison? (But still more welcome than thieves)

No, that couldn't be the reason. Clearly, it's that they're insanely OP and need to be nerfed.

@Aikon.6140 said:I wonder why 80% of players I see roaming in wvw are Rangers or Soulbeast, that class seriously need a complete rework for wvw.They have stealth, survivability, mobility, no sense burst damage, and all of this while standing 2km far from target, they can even outchase you while in mount with super speed.

If it's that good...

Stop being part of the 20%. Play Ranger...imho

Anyone saying a class is OP....should just play it themselves...and enjoy being OP.

3 Ways to deal with the flow of water (change & conflict).

1) Block the water like a dam - Until the water pressure flows over you & breaks past you.

2) Float on the water like a leaf - Moving with the flow, and letting the current take you where ever it goes.

3) Stand firm like a water plant - Moving with the flow, but not letting the current take you where ever it goes...find your roots & keep yourself planted.

Adapt & move with things...be the water plant.

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

@"Aikon.6140" said:Oh right, now I remember how kitten kitten are the people in this forum, almost forgot why I stopped posting here, just a bunch of tards that will refuse to admit that something is broken until they are dead.

Principle Skinner did this meme first, and better than you did.Maybe drop your ego 4 levels and accept that you're just bad at the game. I mean, you even play Daredevil kek. What complaint can you levy towards rangers that doesn't apply 50x's better to thieves? At least when it comes to roaming.

CIr7TvC.jpg

LB Sic'Em Soulbeast has one of the highest bursts - but also one of the easiest to counter, so it mainly excels at killing bad and/or unaware players (and necros i guess). If you nerf the dmg to the point even those can not be killed anymore - what is ranger/slb supposed to do?Keep an eye on your surroundings, have some defensive skills in your build and learn how to use those and suddenly pew pew ranger won't be nearly as scary as they might seem now. I promise.Also, if they are full dmg they don't have great survivability, range can't be utilized effectively everywhere, and mounts make it fairly easy to close the gap. They also can't "chase" down mounted players. They just don't have to, because high lb range and dmg allows dismounting.

@UmbraNoctis.1907 said:LB Sic'Em Soulbeast has one of the highest bursts - but also one of the easiest to counter, so it mainly excels at killing bad and/or unaware playersPretty much this. The build overwhelms bad players. That's all. Most burst builds can do that, but since ranger can do it from distance, subjectively is feels broken for lots of players, because they hve no clue how to actually get at fighting range.

(and necros i guess).Only core necro, scourge and glass reapers. Tanky reaper builds are even favored against it. Tons of sic em soulbests chase me on soldier reaper every day because they think I am a freekill. It's the opposite. These are my favorite matchups, because you can smell the arrogance at the beginning of these encounters.

Bunker rangers are broken. Since the class has access to many high multipliers, it hits way to hard in bunker gear combined with broken dolyak stance.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:high ranged damage is ok (if not one shot) if its not paired with high mobility.

Maybe in a game where "melee" specs cannot Usain bolt every 8-10s up to 1200 range

most can't lol. rev, thief, engi w/ rocket boots (not common). the light armor classes have a port but after that they can't really stick to you except for mirage.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:high ranged damage is ok (if not one shot) if its not paired with high mobility.

Luckily longbow offers zero mobility.

soulbeast does

When using an overall subpar pet, yes. And it still is only 1 leap every 10-18s.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:high ranged damage is ok (if not one shot) if its not paired with high mobility.

Maybe in a game where "melee" specs cannot Usain bolt every 8-10s up to 1200 range

most can't lol. rev, thief, engi w/ rocket boots (not common). the light armor classes have a port but after that they can't really stick to you except for mirage.

If that one extra leap from soulbeast counts as "high mobility", then any class has access to high mobility builds, as they all have access to more than one leap/port (and it doesn't even need to be some niche "rocket boots" build).

Aside from this, if a ranger wants to pew pew you, he has to face you, which inevitably limits the mobility and even just dodging towards or walking with some block/reflect up will close the gap quickly. LB is not great for kiting and a ranger is usually forced to swap to a melee set, if someone comes close. Neither on core melee ranger nor on dagger LR weaver i have troubles sticking to (and killing) LB soulbeasts, unless they just run, but then they won't put any pressure on me. But on both builds i can absolutely get kited to death by other classes/builds, and some of those don't even need leaps or ports.

Mounts can also be used to close the gap without having to expend any cooldowns. Or just use terrain to your advantage and force the ranger to come towards you.

Rangers do have some broken things at their disposal, but longbow is not one of them.

Engi can play scrapper meta zerg, or prot holo AoE grenade spammer.....revs still have cancer herald, pewpew renegade, herald, ventari bunker......thieves have perma stealth, immobilize cancer DE, perma evade s/d.....on ele I can have superspeed, LF and LR if I can or FGS....necros have basically permasuperspeed if using speed runes + a dash on 8s CD.....mesmers have blink, jaunt, staff .

Ranger gets loads of prominence only on the wvw forum, it get laughed at in actual game, and basically almost laughed at during AT...almost...given how the last AT saw the ranger being in perma downstate; the class is strong when used by a decent player otherwise it's the easiest class to kill after maybe pve staff ele