DRM Pre-events

Kondor.2904

I don't know if that was discussed earlier but If you really plan to keep going with this drm content, could you please consider getting rid of those extremely boring, uninspiring and time consuming pre-events. At least for CM's. They add no depth, provide no challenge, and are just there to waste your time. It's just really discouraging to keep repeating them over and over just so you can fight the boss again.

If it was some kind of dynamic diversified events, I guess it would be more bearable, but then again it's an instanced content, not an open world area where they occur naturally and may take different forms and completion approaches, which makes it way less repetitive and more engaging. Fractals are a great example, where you can actually choose to skip the pre-events, given you have the right build/gear/class/items, which makes it less dull and actually more entertaining.

Like really, they are totally fine for the first clear when you're engaged in the story progression, but as a repeatable content... I would love to fight the boss again and interact with new mechanics, but having to waste my time on those stale identical pre-events makes me want to quit it. Just put a standardised timer on the boss and give everyone who unlocked the masteries the stat boost, because they will get them ANYWAY, since there's virtually no challenge in completing the events, except if you value your time.

@Randulf.7614 said:They’re their purely to allow time to gather players before locking the instance. It’s just a small time sink rather that replaces a traditional queuing system with gameplay. Same with the Forging Steel strike which has one

Gives you something to do rather than just standing there. Repetitive, yes. At least once they're complete you move on and don't have to wait on the timer.

It should scale better with players honestly. It takes a bit longer solo for the pre-event so your current options are:

• Solo on full CMs and waste time on pre-event
  • Do CMs with a group and hope people aren't half afk or stand in AoE --- highest profit if people are decent and help with the pre-event, I've timed myself and it's similar if you have quickness but often slightly slower without quickness and definitely slower if you accidentally pick up a longbow ranger
  • Do public and likely get leeches (intentional or not) or afkers that waste time --- typically the worst if it is something that requires any thinking or not standing in AoE

@Randulf.7614 said:They’re their purely to allow time to gather players before locking the instance. It’s just a small time sink rather that replaces a traditional queuing system with gameplay. Same with the Forging Steel strike which has one

DRM CMs are usually done in private instances and groups don't enter before they are full, though.

Those pre-events are also a thorn in my eyes.Let me be upfront.Due to the length, the repetitive, boring and grindy content and the imbalance of DRMs, I have no intention to ever replay them after doing them once for story.

That being said: I play story solo.Weirdly I found the DRMs easier on my own (read: slightly less grindy) than doing them with a group (balancing is still completely incorrect.)The 3 goals at the beginning and their time limit are simply useless, since they are close to impossible to get alone.

So I suggest to make those goals "optional"

The pre-events provide very useful buffs when you succeed them. If there is a way created to skip them then it should be through the NPC for a fee similar to choosing your faction.

As for the pre-events, the only one that I haven’t been able to solo is Bloodtide as I was always short by 30 sec. all of the others are very much doable solo.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

DRM CMs are usually done in private instances and groups don't enter before they are full, though.

Players load the instances at different rates. We had something similar in the City of Heroes raid system, where there were a few simple tasks to be done before the real stuff started. That way, people on $800 computers and $8000 computers would both be ready once the trials actually start.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Players load the instances at different rates.I dont think loading times very between 0 and 5 minutes... but an organized group should still be able to do it within a couple of minites so I dont see the big deal either.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Players load the instances at different rates.I dont think loading times very between 0 and 5 minutes... but an organized group should still be able to do it within a couple of minites so I dont see the big deal either.

They really do. My current computer broke once, so I had to use another one. It was a Mac that wasn't built for gaming. Simply using a waypoint could take anywhere from 30 seconds to over a minute. Waiting for the ground, NPCs, and enemies to load would take another minute or two. Once everything was loaded the game would run fine, but until then I was effectively disabled.