fix your game, this is ridiculous

Hi, i am trying for finding groups to farm gaeting crystals but there are a few problems. (for ppl who are not in a raiding guild)

1st. problem, raiders asks too much kill points. or LI2nd problem, half of the groups are selling groups.3th problem, the loot, i have now lucky finished 5 bosses in wing 5 or higher and 1 sloth kill so 6 in total. I have not get a single time something useful, these rewards make ppl quit raiding. its not motivating at all, i stay because i want the item but if i was a new raider i had search something else which has a better effort/reward ratio. this raids are just ridiculous. it is far from easy some many ppl and then when you finally made it you get rewarded with a big middlefinger (trash loot) how can a company program it like this? is it intended to make raids dying or failure? game modes have to stay or keep alive but it costs much effort and gold and everything and the rewards are very bad. you have to keep playerbase exited (atleast me, when i am happy about a game i spend money on it) i got some runs and today the first person pinget an ascended item, so all other runs noone of the group got something nice. i think this because every player show off his drops.

sorry if my english is not as what you expected but its not my main language.

@titje.2745 said:Hi, i am trying for finding groups to farm gaeting crystals but there are a few problems. (for ppl who are not in a raiding guild)if you not in raiding giuld - fiund it. You can have more than one.

1st. problem, raiders asks too much kill points. or LImake yours own group

2nd problem, half of the groups are selling groups.not need = not buy

3th problem, the loot, i have now lucky finished 5 bosses in wing 5 or higher and 1 sloth kill so 6 in total. I have not get a single time something useful, these rewards make ppl quit raiding. its not motivating at allnot feel fuinand loot to low ? skip that content

is it intended to make raids dying or failure?yes. Some ppl do that if thay need it.

sorry if my english is not as what you expected but its not my main language.u have great english. I use translate too for most words.

1 i am not a leader type so it wont happen, also leaders have to explain tacs when needed, i can't2 if there is a dutch raiding guild i can join it but only weekends afternoon,3 i need it but my first boost cost me 216 gold, i am not rich.4 it has to come from 2 sides, if i spend money on a game i want something back, oke i have fun. but now i want also the dhuum helm, i am a loot player. thats why i play mmo. as long as i get nice skins i am happy, nice loot make me happy.5 ?6 thnx, but many ppl here are students and can create perfect posts, higher learned ppl. i always do my best and say what i think but it is not a book so for me it is enough.

@titje.2745 said:Hi, i am trying for finding groups to farm gaeting crystals but there are a few problems. (for ppl who are not in a raiding guild)

Roughly 99.99999999999% of groups are doing clears and not specifically to farm gaeting crystals.

1st. problem, raiders asks too much kill points. or LI

It's because they want consistent and smooth runs. KP/LI are a somewhat decent measure of someone's experience with raids and with a wing. The more that someone has, the more likely that they know the mechanics and can perform them well.

2nd problem, half of the groups are selling groups.

Whether they're selling groups or not, doesn't matter.

3th problem, the loot, i have now lucky finished 5 bosses in wing 5 or higher and 1 sloth kill so 6 in total. I have not get a single time something useful, these rewards make ppl quit raiding. its not motivating at all, i stay because i want the item but if i was a new raider i had search something else which has a better effort/reward ratio. this raids are just ridiculous. it is far from easy some many ppl and then when you finally made it you get rewarded with a big middlefinger (trash loot) how can a company program it like this? is it intended to make raids dying or failure? game modes have to stay or keep alive but it costs much effort and gold and everything and the rewards are very bad. you have to keep playerbase exited (atleast me, when i am happy about a game i spend money on it) i got some runs and today the first person pinget an ascended item, so all other runs noone of the group got something nice. i think this because every player show off his drops.

Rewards could certainly be made to bring it on par to at least fractals and the open world farms. That said, raids are a very good source for ascended equipment drops as I believe they have the highest drop rates.

If you want to farm gaeting crystals then put a LFG up indicating that you're forming a group for that. Just be aware that it may take quite some time to get enough players for it if at all.

I also forgot to add that players choosing who they want to group with to do content doe not mean that the game is broken. Especially for someone not intending to actually do the raids as intended.

@titje.2745 said:Hi, i am trying for finding groups to farm gaeting crystals but there are a few problems. (for ppl who are not in a raiding guild)

Almost no one farms gaeting crystals. You are better off joining a training run. The reason for this is found in the method of acquisition :

• Awarded for killing bosses and completing events while in Hall of Chains, Mythwright Gambit, and The Key of Ahdashim.
  • Awarded for unsuccessful attempts at defeating bosses, based on the progression in the fight. Starting at 75% of health left, players get one shard, and another two for each multiple of 25% of health lost. For example, if a team wipes below 25%, they get 5 shards each. [verification requested]
  • Trading raid dropped minis, e.g. Mini Desmina to Scholar Glenna (40 crystals each)https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gaeting_Crystal

@titje.2745 said:1st. problem, raiders asks too much kill points. or LI

LFGs which ask for LI/KP are for experienced players. You are not experienced so you are not what that group is looking for. It's that simple. Find training runs.

@titje.2745 said:2nd problem, half of the groups are selling groups.

No, the LFG postings which are sell related just stay up the entire day and thus have the highest visibility. They are NOT half of the groups. Likely not even 1/100th given it's often the same sell adds. Just use -sell in you search as modifier to remove all sell listings.

The way sell listings work is: that's an add for a guild or group which sells. You join the squad, set up a time and date with the player, then the group clears the content with you at that specific time. The sell listing stays up no matter to what agreement you might have come. It occasionally even stays up during a bought run on an alt account.

@titje.2745 said:3th problem, the loot, i have now lucky finished 5 bosses in wing 5 or higher and 1 sloth kill so 6 in total. I have not get a single time something useful, these rewards make ppl quit raiding. its not motivating at all, i stay because i want the item but if i was a new raider i had search something else which has a better effort/reward ratio. this raids are just ridiculous. it is far from easy some many ppl and then when you finally made it you get rewarded with a big middlefinger (trash loot) how can a company program it like this? is it intended to make raids dying or failure? game modes have to stay or keep alive but it costs much effort and gold and everything and the rewards are very bad. you have to keep playerbase exited (atleast me, when i am happy about a game i spend money on it) i got some runs and today the first person pinget an ascended item, so all other runs noone of the group got something nice. i think this because every player show off his drops.

Welcome to raid rewards. The Magnetite Shards and Gaeting Crystals ARE the backup safety in case you do not get any loot you desire. The guaranteed loot for clearing a boss is 2-4 gold, 1 exotic item and a few unidentified bags for the first kill per week with exact values for Gaeting Crystals per successful boss kill on the wiki.

@titje.2745 said:3 i need it but my first boost cost me 216 gold, i am not rich.

Going off of this and in case you are aware that you actually need a Dhuum kill first to even be able to buy the Dhuum helmet for gaeting crystals (thus I will assume you payed a seller to clear wing 5 with you), in which case: You did not "finish" 5 bosses. You payed others to finish those 5 bosses for you. The question thus becomes:"what can you offer a group in order for them to take you along?"

• Training groups usually are full of inexperienced players, though more difficult bosses might have higher expectations of group members. They often do expect players to stick around for a bit of training though. (FYI: Most players who get into raiding do NOT start with wing 5.)
  • Experienced groups who advertise in the LFG want experienced players.
  • Sellers expect to be payed for carrying someone.

So you see, every distinct group of players expects something from others who join. You get to chose what you can offer.

To find a training, you can either use the ingame LFG and find a suitable group, or join a training discord, a list of these are available here - https://snowcrows.com/raids/training/

If you just want skins rather than to learn the content, then your best option is to continue paying sellers to carry you to your goal (looking at your post history, you have a long history of buying achievements).

1 i am not a leader type so it wont happen, also leaders have to explain tacs when needed, i can't

This is always the one that gets me. People don't want to lead their own groups but want to benefit from the experience and mentorship of others when they want it, and get upset when that doesn't happen exactly when and where they want it to.

1st. problem, raiders asks too much kill points. or LI2nd problem, half of the groups are selling groups.3th problem, the loot, i have now lucky finished 5 bosses in wing 5 or higher and 1 sloth kill so 6 in total. I have not get a single time something useful, these rewards make ppl quit raiding. its not motivating at all, i stay because i want the item but if i was a new raider i had search something else which has a better effort/reward ratio. this raids are just ridiculous. it is far from easy some many ppl and then when you finally made it you get rewarded with a big middlefinger (trash loot) how can a company program it like this? is it intended to make raids dying or failure? game modes have to stay or keep alive but it costs much effort and gold and everything and the rewards are very bad. you have to keep playerbase exited (atleast me, when i am happy about a game i spend money on it) i got some runs and today the first person pinget an ascended item, so all other runs noone of the group got something nice. i think this because every player show off his drops.

sorry if my english is not as what you expected but its not my main language.

this is not how you are intended to play raids, first of all, try to get into raids, once you start clearing the PoF wings it is very easy to get dhuum helmet, if not, then you can always buy it from raid sellers...

@"titje.2745" said:1st. problem, raiders asks too much kill points. or LI

Being social and having friends helps with this. Not anything the developers can do to "fix" about it.

2nd problem, half of the groups are selling groups.

Not anything can be done about this either.

3th problem, the loot, i have now lucky finished 5 bosses in wing 5 or higher and 1 sloth kill so 6 in total. I have not get a single time something useful, these rewards make ppl quit raiding.

This is the only part that the developers can actually help with, loot in Raids being very bad. But in this game the effort/reward ratio is absolutely terrible, and has been for a long time, so don't expect anything to be done about it.

@"brogue.4926" said:yes but i only bought 1 boost so far. if anet put titles in store i had buy some. "hero of lions arch" for 10 euro, but thats won't happen. i am looking for a training group, but the times are often bad. many times i just said this out of frustration. even if i can buy something i don't always do.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:eveyone is good in their own things like irl, at a job i can say to someone how thing work or have to be made (fixed), i think very much ppl have things they can't do irl. then i am not saying things like you said. and about upset. thats more because of it takes hours to find a good group while wasting much time by just waiting.and IF i am leading my own group while i am a beginner thats a failure already, better try to find an experienced player and learn from them. (if they want to)i don't force them, i ask it. if they do not want it then it is oke.

@yukarishura.4790 said:i killed 6 bosses already i think, just learn from doing. i only watched a short youtube guide of some bosses.

@Obtena.7952 said:@maddoctor.2738 said:

This is the only part that the developers can actually help with, loot in Raids being very bad. But in this game the effort/reward ratio is absolutely terrible, and has been for a long time, so don't expect anything to be done about it.

yes this has to be fixed. i have killed many bosses and not a single reward for me. i think the rewards are low because its income for anet. if we can make tons of gold easy then noone spend real money.

@yukarishura.4790 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:Welcome to the world of unfriendly casual content in a casual-targeted game. You are entering a different world if you are going to raid. The content has to be created to appeal to the a wider range of the players from the beginning.

there is nothing unfriendly about raids, it's just your biased opinion

Unless you are very exp and play the way they want you to play, it is very unfriendly. That's why, I'd like to see LFG system revamped for group content. It's really hard for new casual player to get into raid. It's literally harder than finding a Real job.

@yukarishura.4790 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:Welcome to the world of unfriendly casual content in a casual-targeted game. You are entering a different world if you are going to raid. The content has to be created to appeal to the a wider range of the players from the beginning.

And the likely the opinion of all the people that DON'T do raids ... which is apparently a large portion of the population.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@Yellow Rainbow.6142 said:That's why, I'd like to see LFG system revamped for group content.

What kind of system do you propose?

Well, this is just rough idea but I'd think, like fractal type tier (level) but for players based on boon output, kill speed, dps number, down time/number and executing certain mechanics. So, when you lfg, you can only join same level players unless directly invited by comm or one of the player in group. I know its not 100% but if Anet puts head together, they can come up with something that works for most of the people. Right now, skill level is so vastly different that you never know what you are going to face when you pug. And everyone gets frustrated easily when it happens repeatedly over and over.You can join guild or static but there are many who have RL things to do, and its not possible to join and play on schedule. I suppose it would bring more players to raid and we can have more people to play with. Atm, numbers are shrinking and its getting even harder to start Raid.

@Yellow Rainbow.6142 said:

@Yellow Rainbow.6142 said:That's why, I'd like to see LFG system revamped for group content.

What kind of system do you propose?

Well, this is just rough idea but I'd think, like fractal type tier (level) but for players based on boon output, kill speed, dps number, down time/number and executing certain mechanics. So, when you lfg, you can only join same level players unless directly invited by comm or one of the player in group. I know its not 100% but if Anet puts head together, they can come up with something that works for most of the people. Right now, skill level is so vastly different that you never know what you are going to face when you pug. And everyone gets frustrated easily when it happens repeatedly over and over.You can join guild or static but there are many who have RL things to do, and its not possible to join and play on schedule. I suppose it would bring more players to raid and we can have more people to play with. Atm, numbers are shrinking and its getting even harder to start Raid.

A way to know the skill level of player, even if it was something you could do, would work. I had a similar idea:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1435050/#Comment_1435050

Other games use something like a gear score to tell players they aren't ready for specific content. Maybe Guild Wars 2 needs a "skill score" instead, although that would be much much harder to calculate.They could add a specific title you can get after performing well in some content, that reset every few weeks.

However as you said yourself, the numbers are shrinking, splitting players by their skill level is gonna lead to less players on each skill level. Ideas like this can work with a healthy release cadence / schedule for content and not really gonna work with content that doesn't get updates anymore. Fixing the shrinking playerbase is rather simple: add more Raids. Then they can go to step two and make any other changes needed.

Edit: more discussion on the topic:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/123828/system-similar-to-time-trials-adventures-for-training-raid-players

@Obtena.7952 said:

And the likely the opinion of all the people that DON'T do raids ... which is apparently a large portion of the population.

A large portion of the player base not raiding is no proof that raids are unfriendly.

It's merely proof that a majority of players are not interested in raids, for which ever reason. Correlation does not imply causation, ever heard of that?

@Cyninja.2954 said:

A large portion of the player base not raiding is no proof that raids are unfriendly.

It's merely proof that a majority of players are not interested in raids, for which ever reason.

I'm going to propose that most reasons are related to raids being unfriendly to casual players because most people that play this game fit that demographic. I mean, I get it ... you love to make pedantic arguments. OK ... I get your MO ... I'm going to take a pass. What I said is still generally true. Raids have a VERY small place in this game because of how little they appeal to the players. If players are going to subject themselves to raids and the niche players that do them ... they are going to get a shock.

@Obtena.7952 said:

It's merely proof that a majority of players are not interested in raids, for which ever reason.

I'm going to propose that most reasons are related to raids being unfriendly to casual players because most people that play this game fit that demographic.

Sure, you can do so. It might not be true or it might be true, you can claim or state whatever you want.

What you shouldn't do is claim your PERSONAL OPINION is representative of the entire player base or mixing up correlation and causality.

@Obtena.7952 said:What I said is still generally true.

In part yes. Let's check the next 2 sentences.

@Obtena.7952 said:Raids have a VERY small place in this game because of how little they appeal to the players.

Very likely true. Raids are a niche mode. As is story, Spvp, achievement hunting, dungeons, strikes, fractals, DRMs, etc. according to completion data we have on the game. All of the aforementioned make up and attract part of this games player base. The entirety making up the game players.

@Obtena.7952 said:If players are going to subject themselves to raids and the niche players that do them ... they are going to get a shock.

and no. Should have stopped after the first sentence. Unless you want to provide some other proof then your personal opinion as basis for this given you have not yet shown that participating in a niche game mode automatically means a bad time.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

I'm going to propose that most reasons are related to raids being unfriendly to casual players because most people that play this game fit that demographic.

In part yes.

... good, that's all I need. I don't need you to hold me up to your exceptional standards for posting. Raids aren't appealing to many people in this game. I don't need to 'prove' it ... the fact that so few people play them and they aren't being developed anymore is enough. Well, I'm not defending a PhD here ... so I'm good.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Sure, you can do so. It might not be true or it might be true, you can claim or state whatever you want.

What you shouldn't do is claim your PERSONAL OPINION is representative of the entire player base or mixing up correlation and causality.

Nope, that's all I need. I don't need you to hold me up to your exceptional standards for posting. Raids aren't appealing to many people in this game. I don't need to 'prove' it ... the fact that so few people play them and they aren't being developed is enough.@Obtena.7952 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:and no. Should have stopped after the first sentence.Well, I'm not defending a PhD here ... so I'm good.

Exceptional standards? Providing proof or at least staying away from using logical fallacies (aka errors in reasoning) as arguments is an exceptional standard now? Outch.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Nope, that's all I need. I don't need you to hold me up to your exceptional standards for posting. Raids aren't appealing to many people in this game. I don't need to 'prove' it ... the fact that so few people play them and they aren't being developed is enough.@Obtena.7952 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:and no. Should have stopped after the first sentence.Well, I'm not defending a PhD here ... so I'm good.

Exceptional standards? Providing proof or at least staying away from using logical fallacies (aka errors in reasoning) as arguments is an exceptional standard now? Outch.

Again, the point has been made.

Raids aren't appealing/friendly/etc ... to most people in this game. It's a completely different kind of content not targeted at the significant demographic. Therefore, the average player is likely to struggle with that content (hence the thread). If the evidence of canceled raid development and other things isn't enough proof for you, well, I'm OK with you being uncomfortable with that.