Character Boost: Mesmer or Ele?

Raarsi.6798

So I have access to a character boost and was wondering which would be better to boost between Mesmer and Elementalist. It wouldn't be my first character (just my first light armor class), and while I have toyed around with both in the PvP lobby, I'm still on the fence about either one.

As for content, the plan is mostly open world with some dabbling into group content like strike missions.

If you plan on eventually having one of each profession, I would Boost the Elementalist and Level the Mesmer. Elementalist has fairly low health and can harder to level for this reason. Mesmer was a lot of fun to level and was relatively easy the whole way.

If you only plan on having one of either, then I would suggest going with the Mesmer. I main Mesmer and second Necro and Elementalist depending on how I feel, but I find Mesmer most fun to play with the most unique toolset.

@Mungo Zen.9364 said:If you plan on eventually having one of each profession, I would Boost the Elementalist and Level the Mesmer. Elementalist has fairly low health and can harder to level for this reason. Mesmer was a lot of fun to level and was relatively easy the whole way.

If you only plan on having one of either, then I would suggest going with the Mesmer. I main Mesmer and second Necro and Elementalist depending on how I feel, but I find Mesmer most fun to play with the most unique toolset.

Yeah I agree with this if you're absolutely going to boost. Leveling core ele is a bit of a pain in comparison to core mesmer.

I disagree witht he people saying boost ele.

Leveling Ele is straight forward once you get Summon Lesser Elemental Gylph. That way, you can have a pet that can tank for you while you cast magic from afar. With mesmer, it gets very complex when you have to manage all of your clones.

Leveling ele is among the most fun you can get in low level maps. Mesmer is extremely slow and boring without elite specs and definitely terrible without having at least 2 core specs unlocked. Squishiness isnt even an issue, especially if you bring pets.

@"runeblade.7514" said:I disagree witht he people saying boost ele.

Leveling Ele is straight forward once you get Summon Lesser Elemental Gylph. That way, you can have a pet that can tank for you while you cast magic from afar. With mesmer, it gets very complex when you have to manage all of your clones.

What is clone management? And why is it complex when compared to Elementalist?

Mes spawn illusions, Mes chooses which shatter to use. Ele chooses which Attunement to use. then Ele summons Elemental. Illusions with Mesmer are part of the profession mechanics and is always available (on short CD from many skills), while Summoning Elementals is optional for Ele (and on longer CD from limited skills).

I think both professions are easy enough to play at any level with a variety of builds and playstyles. Summoner Elementalists are a solid leveling build but it doesn't take away from the fact they have low health/defenses which is the primary challenge for leveling this prof. Perhaps the comparison should be is "Elementalist Attunement Swapping (and limit of 1 weapon in combat) more or less complex then Mesmer Illusions and Shatters".