Lightning Rod gets the Impacting Disruption Treatment when?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You see, the problem with thief is that it's thief. So it does not get to do damage with interrupts. Neither does something like hammer warrior, with 1 skill on their entire bar that actually hits for something. And to be consistent with the above, elementalist CC skills retained their damage, and can also trait to double/triple said damage with LR.

Don't we just love consistency.

I'm fine with nerf or even full rework."Lightning Rod": If enemy is struck by CC skill, remove all stability stacks from him and apply debuff called "Lightining Punishiment"(unique debuff, can't cleanse) for 5s.(10~15s icd. the question, should it be AoE or only single-target)"Lightning Punishment": Deal x damage if enemy tries to apply stability to himself and also remove that stability.Or something...Need more IQ plays in the game one way or another...

@Bazsi.2734 said:You see, the problem with thief is that it's thief. So it does not get to do damage with interrupts. Neither does something like hammer warrior, with 1 skill on their entire bar that actually hits for something. And to be consistent with the above, elementalist CC skills retained their damage, and can also trait to double/triple said damage with LR.

Don't we just love consistency.

Also fear necro.

@"SteepledHat.1345" said:Let's see a 3 sec cd? Thoughts on this idea?

Let's see...:

1)We move Lightning rod to Master Tier from Grand Master2)We add unblockable trait3)We reduce the CD of gale and comet to something as spammable as https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Head_Shot from 900 range4)We remove cast time/animation from all interrupt skills on ele....just like head shot5)We bring back the shocking aura on disable

PS did they "fix" that anomaly that allow Pulmonary impact to go through stability?

Did I forget anything?

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:should be in interrupt :) and not be able to crit :) and have bugged 3s cd :)

It was on interrupt...like 7 years ago? But then the devs realized ele didn't have anything like https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Head_Shot or https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magic_Bullet or https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Power_Lock ....that almost insta cast at 1200 range is surely juicy...

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Let's see...:

1)We move Lightning rod to Master Tier from Grand Master2)We add unblockable trait3)We reduce the CD of gale and comet to something as spammable as
from 900 range4)We remove cast time/animation from all interrupt skills on ele....just like head shot5)We bring back the shocking aura on disable

PS did they "fix" that anomaly that allow Pulmonary impact to go through stability?

Did I forget anything?

Yes. Disabling crit and reducing base damage by about 66% on Lightning Rod. Oh and making all those interrupt and stun skills into 0.25 second dazes instead of 3 second knockdowns or stuns. And likewise for shocking Aura. Oh and making it so if you use any of them, you disable your other skills for 5 seconds.

Even with a 3 second cooldown, to say that Lightning Rod is vastly superior to Pulmonary Impact is an understatement. Lightning Rod would still be a good trait. Pulmonary Impact is still an unusable trait.

Instead of making LR unusable like PI, I'd rather they just buff PI to be usable again. Something like fixing the bug that causes it to scale with a 0.3 coefficient instead of the intended 0.75 coefficient, then increasing the coefficient to a true 2.0 coefficient would be a decent start. If thats not enough, maybe slightly lower the delay.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

Let's see...:

1)We move Lightning rod to Master Tier from Grand Master2)We add unblockable trait3)We reduce the CD of gale and comet to something as spammable as
from 900 range4)We remove cast time/animation from all interrupt skills on ele....just like head shot5)We bring back the shocking aura on disable

Did I forget anything?

Yes. Disabling crit
and
reducing base damage by about 66% on Lightning Rod. Oh and making all those interrupt and stun skills into 0.25 second dazes instead of 3 second knockdowns or stuns. And likewise for shocking Aura. Oh and making it so if you use any of them, you disable your other skills for 5 seconds.

Even with a 3 second cooldown, to say that Lightning Rod is
vastly
superior to Pulmonary Impact is an understatement. Lightning Rod would still be a good trait. Pulmonary Impact is still an
unusable
trait.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lightning_Rod_(trait_skill)#WvW.2CPvPIt already does negligible dmg...and that's not reason you pogchamps keep dieing..but whatever you want to believe, you'd die regardless if using LR or not ...the trait has already been nerfed 3 times now ...4 if we include the removal or shocking aura on disable, overall LR weaver already doesn't work at ToP for obvious reasons and at the level it does work......well...at that level even a core ele would work amazingly

@UNOwen.7132 said:Instead of making LR unusable like PI, I'd rather they just buff PI to be usable again. Something like fixing the bug that causes it to scale with a 0.3 coefficient instead of the intended 0.75 coefficient, then increasing the coefficient to a true 2.0 coefficient would be a decent start. If thats not enough, maybe slightly lower the delay.

Sure! We increase headshot initiative to 8 from 4 and add a 3/4s cast time...there you can have your dmg back

@Bazsi.2734 said:You see, the problem with thief is that it's thief. So it does not get to do damage with interrupts. Neither does something like hammer warrior, with 1 skill on their entire bar that actually hits for something. And to be consistent with the above, elementalist CC skills retained their damage, and can also trait to double/triple said damage with LR.

Hmm, what class does the revered CmC play? Just wondering?

Thief Mains: "Why are you bringing up other class's underpowered traits in a thread about thief. We should be encouraging positive changes for all classes!"

Also Thief Mains: "Our trait sucks, so we should nerf your already underperforming build more... For consistency sake :)"

Ah... I love the forums.

@"Kuma.1503" said:Thief Mains: "Why are you bringing up other class's underpowered traits in a thread about thief. We should be encouraging positive changes for all classes!"

Also Thief Mains: "Our trait sucks, so we should nerf your already underperforming build more... For consistency sake :)"

Ah... I love the forums.

yes, keep calm and buff sb5 cuz it bugs sometimes.But in all honesty they could give ICD to LR... to the weakness part. fighting glass weaver as another glass power build feels like rolling dice and it sucks.is this maul 2k? is it 8k? we are about to find out on the next episode of permanent weakness uptime.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"Kuma.1503" said:Thief Mains: "Why are you bringing up other class's underpowered traits in a thread about thief. We should be encouraging positive changes for all classes!"

Ah... I love the forums.

yes, keep calm and buff sb5 cuz it bugs sometimes.But in all honesty they could give ICD to LR... to the weakness part. fighting glass weaver as another glass power build feels like rolling dice and it sucks.is this maul 2k? is it 8k? we are about to find out on the next episode of permanent weakness uptime.

To be fair, even a 2k maul is going to sting when you have 13k hp. And an 8k maul is ~75% of it The weakness makes the build playable when getting into melee range with other power builds. Especially ranger who can 100-0 you with maul > hiltbash > maul. The build is underperforming for a good reason.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Let's see...:

Did I forget anything?

Yes. Disabling crit
and
reducing base damage by about 66% on Lightning Rod. Oh and making all those interrupt and stun skills into 0.25 second dazes instead of 3 second knockdowns or stuns. And likewise for shocking Aura. Oh and making it so if you use any of them, you disable your other skills for 5 seconds.

vastly
superior to Pulmonary Impact is an understatement. Lightning Rod would still be a good trait. Pulmonary Impact is still an
unusable
trait.

It already does negligible dmg...and that's not reason you pogchamps keep dieing..but whatever you want to believe, you'd die regardless if using LR or not ...the trait has already been nerfed 3 times now ...4 if we include the removal or shocking aura on disable, overall LR weaver already doesn't work at ToP for obvious reasons and at the level it does work......well...
at that level even a core ele would work amazingly

It's hitting up to 2K without any mightstacks if you're trolling around on a berserker amulet. So if you land a CC likehttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Katabatic_Windyou deal 5K+ damage just for CC-ing someone. Not actually interrupting, just for landing CC. And thats why I hate this. At the very least change the damage to interrupt only. Currently it enables a degenerate playstyle of CC-spamming someone to death.

"Physical. Cause a rupture that deals massive damage when this skill ends."

Damage done: about 300. :smirk:

I would like to see Lightning Rod it "only on interrupt" or something like that, yeah. It is too spammy now.PI was problematic because you could, well, spam near instant interrupts. It was overnerfed though, there should be some buff (not necessarily damage though).

@Bazsi.2734 said:

Let's see...:

Did I forget anything?

Yes. Disabling crit
and

vastly
unusable
trait.

It already does negligible dmg...and that's not reason you pogchamps keep dieing..but whatever you want to believe, you'd die regardless if using LR or not ...the trait has already been nerfed 3 times now ...4 if we include the removal or shocking aura on disable, overall LR weaver already doesn't work at ToP for obvious reasons and at the level it does work......well...

It's hitting up to 2K without any mightstacks if you're trolling around on a berserker amulet. So if you land a CC like
you deal 5K+ damage just for CC-ing someone. Not actually interrupting, just for landing CC. And thats why I hate this. At the very least change the damage to interrupt only. Currently it enables a degenerate playstyle of CC-spamming someone to death.

Trolling around with golems or in the open arena is the best you can do with a berseker amulet...unless we see a video of you playing berseker dagger weaver against anything with a brain between the ears and I don't remember this community not calling "degenerate" anything remotely threatening on ele, be it FA...be it fire ele...be it LR.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Let's see...:

Did I forget anything?

Yes. Disabling crit
and

vastly
unusable
trait.

Its a 1.0 scaling that can crit. Its not insane, but its not negligable. PIs 300-500 damage is negligable.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Let's see...:

Did I forget anything?

Yes. Disabling crit
and

vastly
unusable
trait.

It's hitting up to 2K without any mightstacks if you're trolling around on a berserker amulet. So if you land a CC like
you deal 5K+ damage just for CC-ing someone. Not actually interrupting, just for landing CC. And thats why I hate this. At the very least change the damage to interrupt only. Currently it enables a degenerate playstyle of CC-spamming someone to death.

Trolling around with golems or in the open arena is the best you can do with a berseker amulet...unless we see a video of you playing berseker dagger weaver against anything with a brain between the ears and I don't remember this community not calling "degenerate" anything remotely threatening on ele, be it FA...be it fire ele...be it LR.

A video will hardly prove anything. I could just fake the duels with a friend, or edit out my fails etc.

My main problem is not balance, it's design. The biggest change last february was to make CC deal no damage. After saying they aim to remove damage from all CC, why is LR still in the game, it should have been reworked into something else 14 months ago.