Story Instance: Wildfire bug?

Tony.8659

The two achieves: Strong as Bear, Sharp as Wolf and Silent as Leopard, Clever as Raven seems you can only choose one to do because I have no way to reenter the Wildfire instance again so I can do Silent as Leopard, Clever as Raven. Is this a bug? I quit the episode started again, and nothing.

@SexyMofo.8923 said:Not a bug, just horrible game design.

Oh wow, what the hell is Anet doing! Hey Anet can you comment on this? Do you even think before releasing updates out? Or at the least explain on what we can and cannot get in these story instances. In all my 8.5+yrs plus all betas this is the worst content by far, in terms of communicating and grind content. You add in achieves and then no explanation on when it will be available. We all make guesses as to when it will be but this is just the worst design. Please email those surveys, I can't wait. Oh I'll give you feedback alright.

I was on Guild Jen's site, she's like Dulfy with the guides and I think she didn't figure it out either:

Strong as Bear, Sharp as Wolf – 3APStory Instance: Wildfire

During the instance where you play as Braham, you need to kill most of the Destroyer minions in the path, I’m not really sure which is the exact number, so to be sure is recommended that you kill every single one.

NOTE: It seems the number is “less than 5 alive” but not completely accurate.

NOTE: This achievement and the next one are mutually exclusive, you will need to run the instance two times. Currently there is no way to replay the instance without restarting the story.

Silent as Leopard, Clever as Raven – 3APStory Instance: Wildfire

This achievement is the opposite of the one above, you need to avoid killing the Destroyer minions in the path, not sure if you can kill a few and still get credit so I recommend that you avoid all of them.

NOTE: It seems the number is “less than 5 killed” but not completely accurate.

"Currently there is no way to replay the instance without restarting the story." Well you can't restart it at all. Arenanet you really messed up this whole release, though I'm not surprised anymore going forward I guess now this is normal for them, it seems.

@"Tony.8659"

We have Anet's answer on this matter :https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/124881/replaying-icebrood-saga-champions-chapters#latest

At the moment, it's not possible to replay instances in Champions chapters. This is because the ability to replay episodes becomes available after completing a full episode, and the Story Journal recognizes Champions as one episode within The Icebrood Saga's story arc. We apologize for the inconvenience, and all of the Champions instances will be available for replay after the final chapter is released in April.

Ahah (-_-)

@Carcharoth Lucian.1378 said:@"Tony.8659"

We have Anet's answer on this matter :https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/124881/replaying-icebrood-saga-champions-chapters#latest

At the moment, it's not possible to replay instances in Champions chapters. This is because the ability to replay episodes becomes available after completing a full episode, and the Story Journal recognizes Champions as one episode within The Icebrood Saga's story arc. We apologize for the inconvenience, and
all of the Champions instances will be available for replay after the final chapter is released in April

Ahah (-_-)

Thanks, @Carcharoth Lucian.1378 but wow really Anet, would it have been so hard to have players repeat the Wildfire instance instead of waiting until Chapter 4 to get all the achievements in there? Anet you guys deserve an award for the worst 4 chapters of this Saga so far. I say 4 because the next one will be the same. Grind 5x each of 3 missions again, blah , blah. If I didn't need the extra achieve points to get to 30k for full Hellfire armor this content would actually collect dust if it could. I would never touch it. I'm almost there which is the good part , bad part is this content, only one positive thing I can say, at least you gave us more time to actually finish them all with all CMs active, even with PUG groups, you should at the very least add more time to the Snowden Dragon Response Mission. I'm done with that only thanks to a raid group. Probably will be no point to comment any more even with chapter 4 unless there is some game breaking bug. I just hope this type of content does not go into End of Dragons. ?

Finally had some time to run a few tests and managed to figure something out that appears to work. There is a way to do all achievements with a single character:

1. You descent the chimney the way you want until the achievement is complete.
  2. Then you die. I jumped into the giant lava area, but dying to a mob also works.
  3. When the checkpoint prompt shows up, you click on "Exit to Eye of the North"
  4. Re-Enter the story instance and do the other achievement

This can even be done after the Lieutenant has been slain. Just walk straight towards the dragon and wait for the burn-stacks to break you down. Even then, when you exit the instance, you start right from scratch of it.

It is not a perfect solution, but it works.

@"HnRkLnXqZ.1870" said:Finally had some time to run a few tests and managed to figure something out that appears to work. There is a way to do all achievements with a single character:

1. You descent the chimney the way you want until the achievement is complete.
  2. Then you die. I jumped into the giant lava area, but dying to a mob also works.
  3. When the checkpoint prompt shows up, you click on "Exit to Eye of the North"
  4. Re-Enter the story instance and do the other achievement

This can even be done after the Lieutenant has been slain. Just walk straight towards the dragon and wait for the burn-stacks to break you down. Even then, when you exit the instance, you start right from scratch of it.

It is not a perfect solution, but it works.

Or just re-log

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Maria Murtor.7253 said:I refuse to play this
boring, tedious, just stupid
missions again with another character. Even playing most of them
once
is hard to bear. You done f…ed it up – again!

Even if, right now, you could replay the instance on the same character, you would not be able to complete diametrically opposed achievements.

The two opposed achievements get rewarded when you fall down the chasm so you can just relog at that point to work on the other achievement.

I had missed all three achievements and got another character through to that story point. I was then able to get all three and without actually having to beat the instance.

For those that don’t want to run another character through, go on LFG and hope you can find an instance opener assuming that works. I haven’t personally tested it.

• 2 weeks later...

@"Mackanstein.2503" said:Something I discovered today, if you swap story chapter for achievements and return to Champions later the story resets to Consult with Aurene even if you finished the recent patch's story already. It effectively makes you do the entire story step again, including Wildfire.

Here is a Dev post: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/124881/replaying-icebrood-saga-champions-chapters

@Tony.8659 said:The two achieves: Strong as Bear, Sharp as Wolf and Silent as Leopard, Clever as Raven seems you can only choose one to do because I have no way to reenter the Wildfire instance again so I can do Silent as Leopard, Clever as Raven. Is this a bug? I quit the episode started again, and nothing.

You can always restart the mission after you have done one of the two, no? Or do the other on a different character. I just finished all three story achievements.

Drm is the worst yet released by arenanet in all time. They put absurd collections to force players to do and still managed to put 2 achievments in the same instance that need to repeat all the drms to make the second. arenanet congratulations. Please delete all drms and release more strikes, raids, fractal.... check bots in pvp, make aliances on wvw. AND PLEASE LISTEN TO YOUR PLAYERS.

@"Drogo Barberia.6239" said:Drm is the worst yet released by arenanet in all time. They put absurd collections to force players to do and still managed to put 2 achievments in the same instance that need to repeat all the drms to make the second.

"Wildfire" is a story mission outside of the DRMs. It has no connection to the DRMs at all and the three achievements are super easy to get.

@Drogo Barberia.6239 said:When the instance is over you cannot repeat to catch the other one, you have to do the story again passing through the 3 drms.

As I mentioned before, you have the option to exit the mission after doing one of the enemy-related achievements, then do the remaining two in the next full run, or do it on another character.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:You don’t need to complete the instance to get either of the three achievements was what they were getting at.

Thanks.