Champions: Mastery Points

notebene.3190

Unless Anet chip in we will need to wait and see, but I think it almost certain there will be more. There are two more of these supporter events to go after this one, which I expect will include new actual content ;). And then we have the finale. Gotta be some mastery points in that!

You can still get mastery points from previous chapters tho.The last two masteries of Dragon Slayer requires a total of 9 points, I still have 14 left and 2 to get from achievements, so there are 7 extra around.

If the last chapter will introduce a new mastery, and I don't think so, I'll agree with you, but right now you can easily get your points.

@Kronos.3695 said:You can still get mastery points from previous chapters tho.The last two masteries of Dragon Slayer requires a total of 9 points, I still have 14 left and 2 to get from achievements, so there are 7 extra around.

If the last chapter will introduce a new mastery, and I don't think so, I'll agree with you, but right now you can easily get your points.

Did you get the DRM CM Mastery Points and the needlessly expensive weapon collection ones?Many people don't have these and thus are stuck with insufficient Mastery Points.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Kronos.3695 said:You can still get mastery points from previous chapters tho.The last two masteries of Dragon Slayer requires a total of 9 points, I still have 14 left and 2 to get from achievements, so there are 7 extra around.

Did you get the DRM CM Mastery Points and the needlessly expensive weapon collection ones?Many people don't have these and thus are stuck with insufficient Mastery Points.

Not all the weapons (only one set from the 1st part of the champions episode), but probably all from CMs.The CMs are available for everyone without spending money, and the masteries are mostly related to that content.

You just need the will to do them tho.

Yeah, the CMs and Strike Missions are outside of my purview. Outside of the 8 points for raiding, it would be nice to know if the model moving forward will be further division in that respect.

So I have everything except:1 - Legendary Whisper of Jormag - Shadow in the Ice2 - Morale Breaker - No Quarter

The reset are all from Champions:1 - Volcanic Stormcaller Armaments Collector - I have only 1 weapon. Never gotten another drop. Pretty expensive to buy.1 - Friendly Fire (I think that's a CM)1 - Killer Waves (CM)1 - No More Sacrifices (CM)1 - Shooting Stars (CM)

Not looking for a free ride. I remember one from HoT where you had to do 100 metas. Not even sure that was for an MP or not, might have just been a chieve. I'd be fine with a slugfest like that to get 1 more MP. Or some new Public-side achievements. Maybe a 'Lead Chickens to their Demise', or something? ?

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:Killer Waves and Shooting Stars are easily soloed. You only need to activate the boss challenge for them. You only need to avoid AoE effects with a very long telegraph. You can even cheese Shooting Stars by tossing deldrimor acid at the fissures from on top of a skyscale.

What is a 'boss challenge'? How is that different from the other challenges? Can that be done joining a public, or do I need to solo a private?

@notebene.3190 said:

@"Manasa Devi.7958" said:Killer Waves and Shooting Stars are easily soloed. You only need to activate the boss challenge for them. You only need to avoid AoE effects with a very long telegraph. You can even cheese Shooting Stars by tossing deldrimor acid at the fissures from on top of a skyscale.

What is a 'boss challenge'? How is that different from the other challenges? Can that be done joining a public, or do I need to solo a private?You need to do it in a private run, solo or with a group. Private runs have a guy near the starting point with a red flag over his head. Talk to him for the challenge options, one of which is "enemy champions gain strength". That's the one you want for those achievements. The end boss of the mission will be harder to kill, so it'll take a little longer. For these 2 achievements, you only need to do that, and avoid certain attacks. Really not that hard, I managed both in 1 try and I'm not some pro super elite dude.

As an addendum, No More Sacrifices is also pretty easy to do solo. (I hadn't tried it before yesterday so I couldn't mention it earlier.) Just make sure to have a lot of CC ready to unleash at every 25% health interval of the boss.

In conclusion, that's 3 low treshold mastery points that I noticed a lot of people seem to discount because the achievement mentions they need to be done with an active challenge. (Shooting Stars, Killer Waves and No More Sacrifices)

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:As an addendum, No More Sacrifices is also pretty easy to do solo. (I hadn't tried it before yesterday so I couldn't mention it earlier.) Just make sure to have a lot of CC ready to unleash at every 25% health interval of the boss.

In conclusion, that's 3 low treshold mastery points that I noticed a lot of people seem to discount because the achievement mentions they need to be done with an active challenge. (Shooting Stars, Killer Waves and No More Sacrifices)

TY for your posts;

I managed to complete Killer Waves & No More Sacrifices today after reading this post & checking some Youtube videos.

Now I am 26/31 for Stretch Goals (when ANet eventually patches it).

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Kidel.2057 said:

And they added basically nothing... 

Well I don't know what you mean. If you mean the last chapter added no mastery points or no easy mastery points, this is just wrong, on both fronts. They have made Volcanic Stormcaller weapons pretty trivial to get (three a week for seals). There were two for basically just doing the last episode of the story, two for just dodging some of Jormag and Primordous's attacks and another (maybe too elitist?!) for doing DRMs.

There are now 76 possible mastery points and only 63 needed to obtain all IBS masteries. Plenty of opportunity for people to "play as they want".

Edited by Jong.5937
  • Like 3

mastery points were previously very trivial to get. This allowed us to play content and unlock every mastery without thinking too much about it. Now I regret unlocking masteries from the first part of the expansion because I'm basically locked out of Dragonstorm rare drops until I go back to old maps (that are now less populated) to farm old mastery points. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kidel.2057 said:

locked out of Dragonstorm rare drops until I go back to old maps (that are now less populated) to farm old mastery points. 

This was a pain point I noticed and pointed out at the beginning of the IBS. I like the map Bjora Marches, but I didn't like the fact that you needed the essence masteries to get loot even if you participate in the meta event. It felt like a punishment in that case instead of horizontal progression and a reward for playing.

It might not be so much of an issue now that most players should have those masteries by now but it is something I hope Arenanet avoids in the future. These sort of masteries should reward players more for having them to the highest tier, not block them for not having the correct level.

• Like 1