BOTS in pvp - a source of frustration and stress

Vishnok.7059

@Carmine.6873 said:

@Fearless.3569 said:Most players are starting to believe the bots are made by ANet to populate PvP.Maybe is not Anet's bots but Anet doesnt ban bots to populate pvp, this could be true. Anyway the effect is that every year more ppl leave pvp or the game for this policy.

What you say its true but it goes deeper than that :)

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:entire teams of bots lol? nah. maybe 1 or 2.

@Khalisto.5780 said:

That's actually interesting, cuz I've seen 2 bots on each team, but never a full bot team.

It's because people are solo queueing with their bots. You have 1 guy on a main account who is running some kind of DPS usually, like a Core Burn Guard or maybe a Spellbreaker which needs to played with human intelligence. Then he just duos or trio queues with a couple of boxed windows and rocks a Support Scourge + Support Tempest or something cheese like that. Sometimes they synch the bots away from their team so the bots can throw matches for them when the bots are on the opposing team.

This current meta patching IS NOT HELPING this problem because random cheesey builds that bots can actually effectively play are really strong and over-tuned right now. AKA: Support Scourge, Supporty Burn Guards, Support Tempests spaming Shock Aura = EZPZ bots that are actually relatively effective when 1 good player is applying counter pressure to defend them. Those builds don't even require certain combo chains or anything to hit correctly. All the bots have to do is walk at things and spam support/rando condi AoE in any order as soon as skills are off of CD, and they actually are functional.

Annoying, and just another reason why support condi bomb low mechanical cheese builds should never under any circumstance be allowed to exist within meta viability. Imagine how much bot play it would cut out if the bots had to try and run something that required thinking and timing and precision, like a DP Thief or a Power Shatter Mesmer. Bots would be completely ineffective and nearly a waste of time to even load up and run.

Nerf these stupid over powered cheese builds and you'd see the bots struggle to maintain any viable level of play.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

That's actually interesting, cuz I've seen 2 bots on each team, but never a full bot team.

It's because people are solo queueing with their bots. You have 1 guy on a main account who is running some kind of DPS usually, like a Core Burn Guard or maybe a Spellbreaker which needs to played with human intelligence. Then he just duos or trio queues with a couple of boxed windows and rocks a Support Scourge + Support Tempest or something cheese like that. Sometimes they synch the bots away from their team so the bots can throw matches for them when the bots are on the opposing team.

This current meta patching IS NOT HELPING this problem because random cheesey builds that bots can actually effectively play are really strong and over-tuned right now. AKA: Support Scourge, Supporty Burn Guards, Support Tempests spaming Shock Aura = EZPZ bots that are actually relatively effective when 1 good player is applying counter pressure to defend them. Those builds don't even require certain combo chains or anything to hit correctly. All the bots have to do is walk at things and spam support/rando condi AoE in any order as soon as skills are off of CD, and they actually are functional.

Annoying, and just another reason why support condi bomb low mechanical cheese builds should never under any circumstance be allowed to exist within meta viability. Imagine how much bot play it would cut out if the bots had to try and run something that required thinking and timing and precision, like a DP Thief or a Power Shatter Mesmer. Bots would be completely ineffective and nearly a waste of time to even load up and run.

Nerf these stupid over powered cheese builds and you'd see the bots struggle to maintain any viable level of play.

I dont really care about this mini season, i just got my league tickets, almost feel like it was not worth those 6 hours gameplay for 35 league tickets

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:But now u still get lopsided people cuz people leave game cuz bots so pops low so u still get lopsided matches plus bots lolIt's not that the current match quality is any good. I just don't want the game mode to rapidly deteriorate.The relatively high number of bots at least keep the pace of deterioration somewhat in check.I've rarely had a match with one side getting less than 100 points.Without bots, platinum vs bronze would turn into a semi-regular occurrence and teams losing with less than 100 points would occur far more often than it does now.

@Carmine.6873 said:

I think they enter pvp in group of two maybe both of the same person. I've seen always 2 bots + 1 human for team in match.

In this case their names would be linked at final scoreboard

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

I would agree with this, but the thing about bots is that they have near-perfect levels of precision. A bot can execute a combo frame perfectly every time. What this means is that if you put a bot on a power shatter mantra mesmer, it could execute a one shot combo perfectly every time. Much like players abusing macros did in the past. Personally, I don't fancy the thought of getting 100-0'd by frame-perfect mesmer bursts from stealth.

@"Kuma.1503" said:What this means is that if you put a bot on a power shatter mantra mesmer, it could execute a one shot combo perfectly every time. Much like players abusing macros did in the past. Personally, I don't fancy the thought of getting 100-0'd by frame-perfect mesmer bursts from stealth.

I think the bigger problem is that such a combo is possible in the first place.Bots aside, I don't think players should be able to do "100-0" anyone either, even if it's not from stealth.

@Kuma.1503 said:

I would agree with this, but the thing about bots is that they have near-perfect levels of precision. A bot can execute a combo frame perfectly every time. What this means is that if you put a bot on a power shatter mantra mesmer, it could execute a one shot combo perfectly every time. Much like players abusing macros did in the past. Personally, I don't fancy the thought of getting 100-0'd by frame-perfect mesmer bursts from stealth.

What?

Dude it would be so easy to 100-0 a glass cannon power shatter mesmer bot lol. Like you'd have to be engaged 1v1 vs. a real player and really not be paying attention to let a clunky predictable bot designed to repeatedly attempt the same gimmick the same manner to sneak up on you and actually land the shatter.

The more dangerous and functional bots are the ones exploiting this patching's over tuned attributes tied to supports and random minion AI. Most of the bots are Support Barrier Scourges with a bunch of minions. You'd be surprised how little accuracy is needed to run that build. All the bot has to do is follow the party around and spam its barriers & cleanses, heal utility, and weapon skills vs. a called target = EZ Support Bot. And believe me, they aren't so easy to kill if a good player is making sure to counter pressure and cover the bot. Those bots do their job well actually and it enrages me.

Bots attempting a script to actually land highly complex precision play bursting don't work out well if you're sending them at anything above a gold 2 level. Those stupid support scourge bots though, those things can coexist in plat+ environments.

I mean, bots thrive in a game mode that forces you to take them on your team. Then you either carry them or take the L. So long as Solo Queue exists, bots will exist.

It also wouldn't surprise me if Anet was throwing in some bots to boost population, other games like CoD: Mobile already do this as well.

• 4 months later...