New to fractals, dumb question about selection menu

@Linken.6345 said:maybe your fractal level is to low?you unlock 1 lvl higher if you do your current max or over to a max of 100, try asking for opener in lfg mate.

Ok, I didn't realize I needed a certain amount of fractal experience/levels to access different fractals. That explains it. I guess I'll start some lfg's with other newbies and start grinding.

Your personal fractal level increases by one each time you complete a fractal scale equal to or greater than your personal level.

You can also join other groups in the lfg instead of opening your own, e.g. the "daily" or "t1 rec" groups. As you need agony resistance above level 20, you should start with the lower ones. For joining a group, your personal fractal level doesn't matter, but you can only see groups in the t1 lfg as long as your level is below 25.

I don't know the lfg in NA, but in EU you often see groups like "6, please help for legendary weapon". Maybe you find the right group for the fractal you need. Or you could help a group getting the right fractal done and the group will help you to get yours done.When the fractal you need is one of the dailies or the recomended one it shouldn't be difficult to find a group for it (at least in EU). If you join a "t1 daily + rec" group, it means the group is doing 4 fractals (3 daily + recomended). Maybe you even will like fractals. They give a nice income.

@"Rhiannon.1726" said:Your personal fractal level increases by one each time you complete a fractal scale equal to or greater than your personal level.

You can also join other groups in the lfg instead of opening your own, e.g. the "daily" or "t1 rec" groups. As you need agony resistance above level 20, you should start with the lower ones. For joining a group, your personal fractal level doesn't matter, but you can only see groups in the t1 lfg as long as your level is below 25.

I don't know the lfg in NA, but in EU you often see groups like "6, please help for legendary weapon". Maybe you find the right group for the fractal you need. Or you could help a group getting the right fractal done and the group will help you to get yours done.When the fractal you need is one of the dailies or the recomended one it shouldn't be difficult to find a group for it (at least in EU). If you join a "t1 daily + rec" group, it means the group is doing 4 fractals (3 daily + recomended). Maybe you even will like fractals. They give a nice income.

This told me everything I was looking for. Thank you.

@MarkoGold.7126 said:start preparing agony resistance, or you are just gonna die.

Meh, he's stuck in T1 for now, it doesn't start mattering until t2 and beyond. You can cover the AR with pots + Mistlock singularities for the 5 fractals it matters in in T1. But @OP, yes, if you intend to climb AR matters. That basically means start compiling an ascended gear set. Discretize.eu tracks "meta" builds. Lots of people play off-meta, but some people get their panties in a knot if you're not playing meta.