Any way to disable the pillar of light when drawing Pharus?

I just made the Pharus. Unfortunately, the bright flashing pillar of light that plays every time I draw the weapon is very uncomfortable to my eyes. It wasn't so bad when I checked it out on an Asura, but apparently, the size of the bright flashing light scales with character size. It is quite painful when used on the other races. Anybody know if there's any way to disable that effect? I spent too much gold and effort on this skin to just shelf it.

There's no way to customise legendaries. You get the skin and all of the effects as a single package or none of it.

But a white effect on screen, even a sudden flash, shouldn't be painful to look at. It might be worth adjusting your monitor and/or graphics card settings to tone down the brightness. Many monitors are set to maximum brightness by default and it's not good for your eyes, even without flashes on the screen. (If necessary there might be a way to adjust the settings just for GW2, my graphics card software lets me set different preferences for each game/program if I want them.)

@Danikat.8537 said:It might be worth adjusting your monitor and/or graphics card settings to tone down the brightness. Many monitors are set to maximum brightness by default and it's not good for your eyes, even without flashes on the screen.

:+1:

@BlueJin.4127 said:Anybody know if there's any way to disable that effect?

Reskin the weapon. ;) Pharus doesn't look particularly good anyway, there are several bow skins that look a lot better.

Ever since I started playing GW2, I had to turn my monitor's brightness, contrast, and back lighting way down. Enough that for some other games, I have to turn the in-game brightness up to see. This is the only game where the effects are too bright, with many of them like staring at a camera flash. Unfortunately, there's really nothing more I can do with brightness settings to make this game more comfortable for my eyes. :(

Unfortunately, there isn't a single other longbow skin I like, which is why I got the Pharus in the first place.