GW2 WvW current meta is the most boring gaming experience I ever witnessed

Arheundel.6451

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Clearly the answer is to nerf damage.I don't think lava font has been nerfed yet this year, would be a good place to start.

Nah obviously the problem is Obsidian Flesh, for the sake of the game we must increase the CD t o 120s meanwhile we add 1/2s ICD to
Purity of Purpose
there...balance achieved just as usual

120 hahaha thats silly says anet let's make it 300.

The nerfs ele receives are always heavy handed, always nerfs 50% of more in terms of dmg or sustain or CD

@Dawdler.8521 said:

my question is why people are allowed to be super tanky and still do burst damage?
Technically... they're not. Pluck out any burster from the boonball and put them against a roamer and they will often fall flat. They are carried by the minstrel, that's true, though it's not exactly the minstrel doing the burst. But the fact that even 1 minstrel can pocket heal in addition to zerg role just show how strong it is. Even in small 2-5 mans half of them are all boons minstrel pocket healers, truly big brain gameplay.

If zergs can say that thieves and rangers arent allowed, cant roamers say that minstrels arent allowed? It should be fair.

I've been telling people complaining about thief to only bring meta classes for roaming for a while now, only a few seem to get the joke.

hmm just thought of something interesting. instead of messing with target caps, what if aoe chose the closest to center then always chose those first targets if they were in the aoe instead of defaulting back to center every tic. that way aoe can potentially get more damage tics vs the same targets and increase the chance of downs.

@MrForz.1953 said:Eh. Boons should have remained scarce to begin with.

Boons spread to much each even outside the party/squad.To much boon uptime when mass stackedTo much boons and skill ending in boons.Classes that support others need to boost/heal/support less themselvesMinstrell gear m8 be in need of a stats % change since hteres less power and heal output.

But imo one of the major boon balance flaws its the control of condis and boons, for example, Necro needs to reduce boon duration more efectivelly rather than convert to condi, they weill be reconditioned to boons due scrapers and other classes, the key is to shutdown the duration and efectiveness rather being condi or boon converted every sec in a fight....Firebrands heals and its boon duration needs to be cutted down, make them whenever cleanse burn or pull burn from alies will increase their stats for x seconds.Maybe make some boons stop stacking from diferent sources or harder to stack them.

@Arheundel.6451 said:This minstrel boonball of firebrand - scrapper -revenant and scourge..is the most boring, non interactive, lazy, atrocious gaming experience of my entire life and it's in situations like this that I just log out disgusted....my question is why people are allowed to be super tanky and still do burst damage?

Kill a Firebrand or make them panic and their core should scramble, letting you or your team pull out someone else to kill. Their energy drops exponentially with every key support or go-getter they lose, but it's likely your side wont be down for the attempt so you're probably logging off at the right time.

• 2 weeks later...

@"Arheundel.6451" is just wrong here in the end. like, u find not many players who play the meta classes well even.

like, for the amount of players in game, those who are good at meta classes are usually not even enough to get two 40~ish groups filled with them. often its a core of 30/50 players that decides which 50er group wins the battle. people outside of groups have in many times no (positive) effect at all on fights.

ergo, if map caps are 70 and less than half of a map at prime time or even reset know how to play meta, meta classes are not the issue.

this btw also explains the "OP" serverguilds of WSR... they have a big player roster who dedicate to use strong stuff, mostly meta with tweaks. on other servers u get pugs that look like meta but run shield warrior, glass zerker spellbreaker, offensemode scrapper, condi firebrand, condi herald - which all just weakens overall zerg and blob powers of your group. ending in nothing working, ppl dying left and right.

sometimes it's the lag, sometimes player experience, often enough just exactly that issue, that not playing meta without a lot of largescale experience is not very useful.

@Ok I Did It.2854 said:WvW is crazy now, i haven't played WvW in nearly a year when it got really stale, but i jumped back in last night and on desert borderland the squad i was in was able to PvD a door down, while being fired at by like 6 Ac's the healing ability and boon spam is insane now, WvW needs its own balance team it needs completely separated from the rest of the game, PvE food and stones in WvW make some classes god like. At this point it feels like Anet band-aid fix one issue and introduce 5 more, not all classes are equal in WvW not even close, if they aren't prepared to separate this game mode, its never going to get better.

That's right. There's been zero balance in over a year. Draw your own conclusion.

I generally disagree with this post. Yes my favorite meta was early vanilla... but this meta is still 10x better than HoT was. Anyone whos calling this meta boon ball must not have been around for HoT when they introduced boon spam without any strong aoe boon rip (at least scourges and Spellbreakers exist now). In general I don't think this meta is that bad. A concentrated bomb is still gonna down people and if its not, then your group is just bad tbh or your builds suck. Also for the first time probably ever, every class has a viable build in large scale combat. If we remove all support options in the game, we are just gonna revert back to extreme pirate shipping... Is that really better? This meta is far better than both pirate ship during late vanilla and its better than toilet bowl during HoT.

I really have seen any of these unkillable blobs running around. Yes the damage classes like scourges and revs get "carried" by the support classes. THATS THE POINT OF HAVING SUPPORT, so your damage dealing classes don't have to sacrifice damage output for personal survivability. I think reducing protection uptime in general would be good for the game as well as removing purity of purpose, but otherwise, I personally don't see the need for drastic changes to the meta. I much prefer the current meta over anything we've had over the last 5 years. Its a good balance between groups being able to sustain without them being anywhere near unkillable. A good spike in Winds should be more than enough to down people. Again if its not, then there's coordination issues within your group.

the boons its not the problem or heals, lern to play mesmer for boonstrip, reve for spike, dh for dps meele, don't play classes with old meta, lern this new mode,u sound like the old comannders when release pof , they took a lot for time for catch the new meta, come on bored?, you just like only do ppt

@Arheundel.6451 said:This minstrel boonball of firebrand - scrapper -revenant and scourge..is the most boring, non interactive, lazy, atrocious gaming experience of my entire life and it's in situations like this that I just log out disgusted....my question is why people are allowed to be super tanky and still do burst damage?

yeah log off i agree

@hobotnicax.7918 said:

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:Rev and Scourge use minstrel now?They don't, but they are carried by it. I agree with OP, WvW has become simply very boring and dum.bed down..

interesting you say this yet players from core days are finding the current game too hard and have rq again. I wouldnt agree the game is dumbed down at all but the opposite compared to how the game was on release

@Ok I Did It.2854 said:WvW is crazy now, i haven't played WvW in nearly a year when it got really stale, but i jumped back in last night and on desert borderland the squad i was in was able to PvD a door down, while being fired at by like 6 Ac's the healing ability and boon spam is insane now, WvW needs its own balance team it needs completely separated from the rest of the game, PvE food and stones in WvW make some classes god like. At this point it feels like Anet band-aid fix one issue and introduce 5 more, not all classes are equal in WvW not even close, if they aren't prepared to separate this game mode, its never going to get better.

its not crazy now, its simple. You got good players and you got bad players. You have casuals and lesser casuals, If you cant kill the enemy with 6 ac then you simply lack some basic stuff, ability maybe, numbers most definetly or coordination i,.e commander. Taking a t3 keep is almost impossible 80% of the time.