3/23 PvP Balance

Cal Cohen.2358

@Cal Cohen.2358 said:Hi everyone,

Today’s update included a handful of PvP balance changes and we wanted to share some context behind the decisions we’ve made to the Guardian, Necromancer, and Revenant professions. At the very end of this post, we’ll also talk about areas we’re investigating for future updates.

I'm casual so maybe I am reading things incorrectly. It looks like the goal was to target overperforming specs. But you nerfed some abilities that will impact all builds, not just the ones you listed. This seems counter productive because you are reducing potential alternatives. Would it be possible to switch some of the negatives to the defining skills used in the meta builds so everything else isn't collateral damage.

@Lucentfir.7430 said:This is what this community wanted, you all made your bed, now lay in it, and keep on with the amulet removal Anet, great job :+1: look into runes and sigils next, and maybe even weapons. This is why I said time and time again that the February patch was badly executed. They never go in-depth for class balancing to fix the root of the problem. They take the lazy route out. People whine about WvW being a unbalanced mess, well that's basically unfiltered GW2 PvP.

ah we've got a regular nostradamus here. good for you bud. no one wanted things to turn out this way, how about you get off your high horse cuz you're not fooling anyone.

I'm sorry but this was an atrocious balance patch, it's unbelievable, everything is just a nerf after nerf. Ever since that February 2020 patch the game just stopped being fun and on top of that the balance is still all over the place. Build diversity has never been worse.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Lucentfir.7430 said:This is what this community wanted, you all made your bed, now lay in it, and keep on with the amulet removal Anet, great job :+1: look into runes and sigils next, and maybe even weapons. This is why I said time and time again that the February patch was badly executed. They never go in-depth for class balancing to fix the root of the problem. They take the lazy route out. People whine about WvW being a unbalanced mess, well that's basically unfiltered GW2 PvP.

ah we've got a regular nostradamus here. good for you bud. no one wanted things to turn out this way, how about you get off your high horse cuz you're not fooling anyone.

You don't have to be Nostradamus to know how that patch was going to affect the gamemode but people on here are too shallow they'd mistake that for baseless future predictions. Because you know, it's not like anet ever released a poorly executed patch/release, and surely they can just deliver the things pvp players have been wanting forever just out of the blue, to the degree akin to a MOBA like LoL or smite, with faster balance patches , pvp focused changes/reworks, that they said they couldn't do before when they actually had a balance team, compared to now., but somehow people are supposed to be convinced and have faith in them delivering such things with significantly less resources than they had before. I'm apparently a regular Nostradamus for looking at the track record and the patch preview before they put out those changes. :+1:

You can say no one wanted things to turn out this way, but I'm pretty convinced this is exactly what people wanted. It's been a year already, with no signs of getting better and only getting worse., and plenty of remove X threads, and nerf Y threads. Come back down to earth sometime and ground yourself a bit.

The balance changes and communication are nice and all, but it doesn’t mean much when you have rampant botting and hacking going on with a report system that just doesn’t work.

Until this is addressed, I don’t see any point in even PvPing with or without good balance adjustments.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Good patch overall.

Though I feel the main issue with the current patching was overlooked, which I believe to be too much revive power in the current patching.

• Instant revive skills needs to be reviewed. They are potent right now, honestly.
  • Traits linked to revive power need to be reviewed.
  • Normal general revive speed needs to be reviewed.

Unless they remove safe finishing in the same patch, reviving should not be nerfed.

Design remove Mender amulet and nerf FB as for me very strange. This is mmo game and support is core of game. Concept then then one dps absoliutly no chance to kill one support class is valid for me. And support doing low dps per long time can kill any dps also ok. The current changes more more point to dps, and remove any chance dominate for support. O may be more, it remove support at all from pvp. Very sad.

Thank you very much for taking the time to adress this balance changes, and also mention what's to come.In the past I've been very critic with the aproach this company is making with its userbase. I hope you can prove me wrong, certanly this is a step in the right direction.Much love for our competitive devs! <3 whom hasn't forgot us yet!!! :)

@felix.2386 said:yes, remove menders, shouldnt be able to do damage as support, literally kills roles in the pvp, people qq are the ones who cant play anything other then braindead builds thats carried by mender

The problem is though, that the alernatives that remain are Avatar's and Sage's. Meaning supports will do more damage and less healing. Meaning they won't be supports, they will be bruisers at that point. I fail to see how pushing supports towards bruiser amulets will restore roles in PvP my dude.

@Bazsi.2734 said:

@"felix.2386" said:yes, remove menders, shouldnt be able to do damage as support, literally kills roles in the pvp, people qq are the ones who cant play anything other then braindead builds thats carried by mender

The problem is though, that the alernatives that remain are Avatar's and Sage's. Meaning supports will do more damage and less healing. Meaning they won't be supports, they will be bruisers at that point. I fail to see how pushing supports towards bruiser amulets will restore roles in PvP my dude.

Funny, because Mender isn't "support amulet" either lmao, it's a hybrid amulet.The true support amulet would have stats like Vitaility, Healing Power and Concentration, but we have none like that. We never truly had a support amulet I guess.

@Bazsi.2734 said:

@felix.2386 said:yes, remove menders, shouldnt be able to do damage as support, literally kills roles in the pvp, people qq are the ones who cant play anything other then braindead builds thats carried by mender

Avatar does not do more dmg, it's the same but more consistent

Supports can still support, cleansing stab etc... Is not bound to healing amuletts, but with less healing power bunkers are not gonna be that selfsustainisch and with supports doing more dmg we may have a faster game

@"Justine.6351" said:I love the word "slight" being thrown around when talking about nerfs to rev.

5sec CD to 12sec CD.3sec duration to 2sec duration.25e to 10e.

I'd hate to see heavy nerfs :#

Got you covered! here a small glimpse of what heavy nerfs look like:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Twist_of_Fatehttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arcane_Blast + https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Electric_Discharge (killed scepter ele FA)https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arcane_Wave (downgraded staff ele from B to D )https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Invigorating_Strikes (the removal of stability downgraded the spec from A to C)https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Meteor_Shower + https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lava_Font (killed staff ele)https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Monk%27s_Focus (killed guardian sustain as bruiser )https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Might_Makes_Right (killed warrior sustain for most part)

These are example of nerfs I don't agree with 'cause rather than fixing anything..they simply deleted entire specs from the game, forcing people away from weapon sets and utilities now deemed pointless to even add on the skillbar, believe me when I say that most of you have no idea what a heavy nerf looks like...lucky you

@Avatar.3568 said:Supports can still support, cleansing stab etc...who care cleansing and stab for other? this is personal problem for everyone. Ofc if we will get top stats clease or top stability share. Now only top hps ir awarded.

Is not bound to healing amulettsin spvp in bound only on it.

but with less healing power bunkers are not gonna be that selfsustainischI don't think that this is ok. Support class must be unbreakkble wall for single dps.

and with supports doing more dmg we may have a faster gameI don't think that we need faster game, and I don't think taht is depends from that.

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

@Nimon.7840 said:i wish, you cared as much about pve and wvw as you do for spvp

If this is the type of balancing that PvE and WvW is given (Only Nerfs), I certainly hope neither of these modes are balanced in future

Tbh. Pve has way to much dmg.I remember times, when ele was peak performing at 29k. And raids were still beatable.

Right now it's extremely annoying to see buff after buff after buff, to damage classes. While this makes raids maybe beatable for bad players, it makes doing mechanics not necessary for good and really good players, because they just burst the bosses down.

@Bazsi.2734 said:

I can only say what Avatar said and add some more people have the weird idea that Healbreaker and Support Tempest are healer in sPvP well they do heal but this is only on their 4th or 5th priority . What they actually are is condi cleans tank with cc which also explain when you look closer why we have so much cc in sPvP. The heal is so low at the moment no build can outheal anything because of this many build went to use their dmg block skill (like I said so often). Because of this initial cc the fight at the beginning also slows down a lot it takes 20-30s before all used their cc and blocks and we can fight normally.

The other main point is we don't need so much mender any more because Arena.NET reduced the scaling of healing stat if I have mender or not makes max 10% healing on 25% max healing on a player in total = lose of roughly 2.5% total healing on each player daaaa

Since Feb last year we don't have any real healer build in sPvP any more you can also see this on what sigil and runes they use heal ? no and because if menders go we will simply go for another amulet which then means we also might do some dmg then too.

The priority how you play currently Healbreaker or Support Tempest is:

1.CC2.Condi Clean3.Block4.Hold the ground5.Heal(depending on the build there is also some boons in between )

It is not that I like that I hate what they did to this game I wished we had healers back.

@Lord of the Fire.6870 said:The priority how you play currently Healbreaker or Support Tempest is:

1.CC2.Condi Clean3.Block4.Hold the ground5.Healthe 1 2 3 4 is not displayed in top stats pvp result so you not het any one more 1 pip for that.any amount of top stats will earn 1 pip, but this is not CC, Condi Clean, Block, Hold the ground ...What the point clean condi from someone and not have any profit/bonus and visible personal respect?

@lare.5129 said:

@Lord of the Fire.6870 said:The priority how you play currently Healbreaker or Support Tempest is:

1.CC2.Condi Clean3.Block4.Hold the ground5.Healthe 1 2 3 4 is not displayed in top stats pvp result so you not het any one more 1 pip for that.any amount of top stats will earn 1 pip, but this is not CC, Condi Clean, Block, Hold the ground ...What the point clean condi from someone and not have any profit/bonus and visible personal respect?

You know, people should Not care about top stats, because they are not worth mentioning outside of deaths

At least I care for a healthy gamestate

This is the kind of thing we like, when communication comes our way. It's 10,000% better than being left in the dark for months having to cope with the out of control things that plague the game.The best way to improve longevity of your game is to take care of the upkeep of your core system, which includes balance. Even if it's small balance passes every couple weeks, that's ok, we're not expecting major balance sweeps. Please learn from the positive feedback you are getting from this communication, I'd really hate to see GW2 die off because of the neglect of very important aspects of the game.

@lare.5129 said:

It is what you do to win a round you got more pips when you win a round...Also holding a control point can give you top defender

Like I said I don't like this . The reason why I'm play Healbreaker has mostly to do that when you have one and you are good with it your win chance just increase or get balanced when the other side has already one. Most MMOish games have this kind of support which became a mandatory aspect actually in other games you have also split the roles of heal and tank . The way we going now is more like Neverwinter where you can do as support both dmg and heal&boons . So a better way would be changing the Mender amulet where the vitality and toughness will be replaced either (with more heal and concentration) or (with power and precession) - Or doing both with separated amulets.

I must also say if they don't increase the heal also a bit in a possible hybrid amulet people won't choose it.

The is also a deeper problems with how classes match up in sPvP you can do all kinds of tricks e.g I'm queuing as mesmer because the class is screw over by Arena.NET, when I'm in and there is no condi clean I go for this when not I play as my non meta condi Tempest which got properly a indirect boost through this patch.

I'm doing this only this season to prove a point last 5v5 season I ended around silver3/gold1 my target is platin 2 again. Well I'm really low rank now because of 4 loses at the beginning of my placement but my winrate after this is really good

At some point you will have to stop removing amulets xD. If you gonna remove mender, think about specs that rely on healing power in order to work (druid theoretically).

Problem with support specs in GW2 could be that they do too much at the same time. Healing, boons, damage mitigation (projectile blocks and stuff), condi cleanse and rezzes. Rather give them good access to for example 2 of these things and tone down the rest. This could also create the opportunity for multiple support specs to be somewhat equally viable instead of always 1 being superior.