So...Leeching is a thing in public DRMs.

Siobhan.6027

If Anet really wanted to, they could easily add checkpoint/flags which are needed to all be met in order to receive credit. They do this for one of the Grothmar event dailies where you need to do the full event chain to receive credit. They can also add the ability to lose participation due to inactivity as well. It won't happen though.

@Siobhan.6027

try CM drms, in lfg lobby (champions)

for me it fixed problem, and bringed back fun (not only that mobs are bit harder so you not sleep)

it's around t3 fractal dificulity, and you have bunch of time to finish even if you fail time (what happyn rare as usualy you end with 5-7min before time run off) drm not fail and you still geting 2/3 reward

Also cm give around 96-140 seals

I not recomend to do public drms, as it will unmotivate you to that point you will stop doing them

Na, but rly, try put lfg, it's active even if it's not look on that

@Jong.5937 said:

@Jong.5937 said:...and I guess some people in MMOs like playing.. with other people??

I mean, that is what LFG and Guilds are for though. Seems kinda silly to queue for a public mission and then complain about the players you get.

Yeah, fair enough. My post was more a response to the guy saying to do it all solo :)

Well I think he was just pointing out that playing a private match solo is better than playing a public DRM, which is true. Honestly I don't touch Public DRMs at all. I always play Private either solo or with LFG or Guild members.

I agree, don't touch public DRMs and solo is completely legit, if that's how you want to do it :).

Just read it that some could not understand why anyone would want to group up for these, which would be a bit extreme. But, yes, maybe that wasn't the point being made.

My experience from public DRM is that people don't talk to each other... much. Everyone just take for granted that we all know what to do and we will all do our part. That would make it easier and better organized, if you could ask "where's the action, where am I needed?" because I'm not sure that all players actually know what is expected from them. But if someone is just hiding behind a bush, waiting for all the action to end... Why play Guild Wars 2 in the first place? Or is that part of a roleplay I haven't seen yet?This is when you wish there was an integrated communication feature, talking makes things a lot easier. At least, if it works when you're member of a party.

Just started to catch up with Champions rececently. I don't mind public missions as I am bad with GW2 battle system and am glad when more capable players help me get the DRM done. I tried a few solo with about 20+ minutes due to obvious reasons, which in retrospec to the stated ~15 mins with good build and dps isn't that shabby for my standard. There's indeed no communication; however, that's nothing new for me as FF14's duty finder system leads mostly to greetings and "gg/thanks" and variations.

@Ashantara.8731 said:My advice: either do the instances solo or find a squad for a private instance. Never do the public version, it unnecessarily upscales the enemies and you never know how reliable your teammates are.

I've always played the public version and it's actually okay. Took a little longer to kill the bosses, but at least 3 active players should be enough.

@Lucio.4190 said:I've always played the public version and it's actually okay. Took a little longer to kill the bosses, but at least 3 active players should be enough.

I don't see the point. You are getting a better and faster result doing the CM in private with a good team than the non-CM in a public instance. If you don't want the additional CM rewards, soloing is faster, because the enemies will significantly scale down.