Guard has no more reliable way of doing damage

GuriGashi.5617

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Saharo Gravewind.5120 said:

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:Just pointing out that the statement is not true. Guardians, core, DH, FB, they all definitely still deal damage, although it may no longer be a top 3 meta pick.That's the issue. Doing okayish damage with the worse healthpool in the game fails as a recipe for a playable class. No one cares if guard is a "top 3 meta pick," but compared to other specs with better damage and health, it's simply not worth it to play at all. If that's your definition of balanced....

Also dude who's been playing guard since beta totally debunked your burst combo. You haven't proved that guard still has reliable damage, unless you define "reliable" as effective only on players who don't know what they're doing.

"Face Palm"

1. I have pointed out 3x now that I did not say anything about it being a top meta pick.
  2. "doing okayish damage" yeah welcome to the world elementalist as well as some other classes who are only ever allowed to play middle tier. They've had to suffer EXACTLY like this for years now, where they either run high burst damage like a core burst guard and are too squishy to survive anything, or run supporty builds with okayish damage. Guess what? The best ele enthusiasts have always still been able to make it work even when they were only middle tier. Get used to it. We all go through unfavorable patchings from time to time.
  3. Stop referencing that 11k health pool as if no one ever used options to bolster their health pool. <- This makes it look even MORE like you guys are sooooo used to the luxury of running Carrion at this point, that you've become desensitized to what Guardian health pools looked like before Carrion Burn was a thing.
  4. That guy didn't debunk anything. All he did was encourage the idea that "Guardian has no reliable damage" which simply is not true at all.
  5. I don't need to prove anything. I run like 3 or 4 ATs a day, always making it to final rounds while winning half of the time and I get plenty of demonstration from the best players in the game of what their main classes are capable of. Oh you want proof? Ok, click the link in my signature. Follow what's happening in the ATs when I'm streaming.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@lotus.5672 said:power guardian is fine

Saying the exact opposite without any explanation is no argument

Nah

I've been seeing oldschool power burst core in ATs lately. They still work fine. It's not that power burst was ever bad, it's that burn builds were able to be tweaked in such a way that they had similar damage output to power bust but also 4x the sustain factor.

Burn on Guards is fine. You guys just aren't used to dealing realistic in-line damage output. You're used to outputting this tremendously high pressure where 2 stacks of AoE burn that hits 5 targets can chunk 70% off everyone's life bar. It has made you desensitized to what balanced damage output is supposed to feel like.

Actually no - when you have one skill that does burst damage per weapon swap and the rest is symbols no one will ever stay in, control effects and support skills you have no way of bursting someone down - this is the reason why Guards swapped to Burn DH right after symbols were nerfed into uselessness. We have GS 2 & 3, Sword 3, LB 3, Mace 3, Hammer 2, rest doesn‘t contribute whatsoever to bursting someone down.I like seeing Burn DH gone, but we have to admit that Power Guards are big jokes with 11K HP, bad tooltip numbers and extreme low mobility to land skills. Whoever loses a 1v1 to a Power Guard in this meta should consider to change the game mode

Also no, in fact I haven‘t played burn DH a single time the last 2 seasons, so your „you guys are desensitized“ doesn‘t really make sense. I say power damage on Guard is garbage, because it actually is when 4/5 of your skills are support skills, control effects or avoidable by walking for a quarter second in case of symbols

Nothing you mentioned at all is even a typical burst. I'm not talking about node hold symbol fbs, I'm talking about Power Core Burst Guards.

You know, when a bunch of kitten stacked together that when executed correctly, lands a burst similar to a berserker/eagle sic em soulbeast with one wolf pack stated for damage:
  1. Select target in the team fight
  2. Prime Focus 5
  3. Hit target with Focus 4
  4. Land your Scepter 2 - If not using Scepter skip to 5
  5. Swap to GS and begin cast animation of GS 4, then use JI to target in team fight
  6. As animation on GS 4 finishes under the target, Focus 5 will explode dealing damage, right as you are using GS 2 spin to win

^ This build still works. People just weren't using it because FB was OP for awhile and then the OP swapped to Core burns & supports and DH. I didn't say Power Burst Core was OP, I said it still works fine in a balanced way. Although it isn't a big fat side node beast, it is a powerful team fighter and + while with supports.

I'll say it again, Guardian players are complaining right now because they've been riding the OP top 3 meta train for a very very very long time at this point. Time to experience some good old fashioned middle tiered balance like the rest of us.

So let me get this right. You have a 4 second countdown, from outside line of sight (since you mentioned focus 4). You burn your 45s stunbreak to port mid gs4, wait for the aftercast to try and stay inside someone's hitbox for 3.75 seconds without swiftness with a skill that slows you down by 50%?

Did I get that right?

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@"Kuma.1503" said:Guardians: If I go berserker amulet, I might get bursted and die.

laughs in Ele

lol that's exactly what I mean.

The idea that "You have to be squishy if you want to deal a lot damage" is somehow foreign to Guardian players.

Says a lot about this past year's Guardian balance tbh.

@Math.5123 said:

Nah

I've been seeing oldschool power burst core in ATs lately. They still work fine. It's not that power burst was ever bad, it's that burn builds were able to be tweaked in such a way that they had similar damage output to power bust but also 4x the sustain factor.

Burn on Guards is fine. You guys just aren't used to dealing realistic in-line damage output. You're used to outputting this tremendously high pressure where 2 stacks of AoE burn that hits 5 targets can chunk 70% off everyone's life bar. It has made you desensitized to what balanced damage output is supposed to feel like.

Actually no - when you have one skill that does burst damage per weapon swap and the rest is symbols no one will ever stay in, control effects and support skills you have no way of bursting someone down - this is the reason why Guards swapped to Burn DH right after symbols were nerfed into uselessness. We have GS 2 & 3, Sword 3, LB 3, Mace 3, Hammer 2, rest doesn‘t contribute whatsoever to bursting someone down.I like seeing Burn DH gone, but we have to admit that Power Guards are big jokes with 11K HP, bad tooltip numbers and extreme low mobility to land skills. Whoever loses a 1v1 to a Power Guard in this meta should consider to change the game mode

Also no, in fact I haven‘t played burn DH a single time the last 2 seasons, so your „you guys are desensitized“ doesn‘t really make sense. I say power damage on Guard is garbage, because it actually is when 4/5 of your skills are support skills, control effects or avoidable by walking for a quarter second in case of symbols

Nothing you mentioned at all is even a typical burst. I'm not talking about node hold symbol fbs, I'm talking about Power Core Burst Guards.

You know, when a bunch of kitten stacked together that when executed correctly, lands a burst similar to a berserker/eagle sic em soulbeast with one wolf pack stated for damage:
  2. Prime Focus 5
  5. Swap to GS and begin cast animation of GS 4, then use JI to target in team fight
  6. As animation on GS 4 finishes under the target, Focus 5 will explode dealing damage, right as you are using GS 2 spin to win

^ This build still works. People just weren't using it because FB was OP for awhile and then the OP swapped to Core burns & supports and DH. I didn't say Power Burst Core was OP, I said it still works fine in a balanced way. Although it isn't a big fat side node beast, it is a powerful team fighter and + while with supports.

I'll say it again, Guardian players are complaining right now because they've been riding the OP top 3 meta train for a very very very long time at this point. Time to experience some good old fashioned middle tiered balance like the rest of us.

So let me get this right. You have a 4 second countdown, from outside line of sight (since you mentioned focus 4). You burn your 45s stunbreak to port mid gs4, wait for the aftercast to try and stay inside someone's hitbox for 3.75 seconds without swiftness with a skill that slows you down by 50%?

Did I get that right?

Yeah ok bud. Apparently you weren't around for the first 8 years of Guild Wars 2 when everyone was running Core Burst Guardian.

@Kuma.1503 said:Guardians: If I go berserker amulet, I might get bursted and die.

laughs in Ele

Difference is that dps Guard has no vigor, no evade frames on any skills. And more than double the cooldown on their one invuln.They also have a single half usable healskill that goes on full cd when rupted. > @Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Just pointing out that the statement is not true. Guardians, core, DH, FB, they all definitely still deal damage, although it may no longer be a top 3 meta pick.That's the issue. Doing okayish damage with the worse healthpool in the game fails as a recipe for a playable class. No one cares if guard is a "top 3 meta pick," but compared to other specs with better damage and health, it's simply not worth it to play at all. If that's your definition of balanced....

Also dude who's been playing guard since beta totally debunked your burst combo. You haven't proved that guard still has reliable damage, unless you define "reliable" as effective only on players who don't know what they're doing.

"Face Palm"
  1. I have pointed out 3x now that I did not say anything about it being a top meta pick.
  2. "doing okayish damage" yeah welcome to the world elementalist as well as some other classes who are only ever allowed to play middle tier. They've had to suffer EXACTLY like this for years now, where they either run high burst damage like a core burst guard and are too squishy to survive anything, or run supporty builds with okayish damage. Guess what? The best ele enthusiasts have always still been able to make it work even when they were only middle tier. Get used to it. We all go through unfavorable patchings from time to time.
  3. Stop referencing that 11k health pool as if no one ever used options to bolster their health pool. <- This makes it look even MORE like you guys are sooooo used to the luxury of running Carrion at this point, that you've become desensitized to what Guardian health pools looked like before Carrion Burn was a thing.
  4. That guy didn't debunk anything. All he did was encourage the idea that "Guardian has no reliable damage" which simply is not true at all.
  5. I don't need to prove anything. I run like 3 or 4 ATs a day, always making it to final rounds while winning half of the time and I get plenty of demonstration from the best players in the game of what their main classes are capable of. Oh you want proof? Ok, click the link in my signature. Follow what's happening in the ATs when I'm streaming.

Guardian can and always could do insane amounts of damage on golems. The issue is landing that damage on anyone above silver.

Tracking is an honest to God train wreck, and the skills are just so outdated.

Also, not having top 3 damage outputs on a class with the lowest health pool (since we are forced into movement runes and can't run divinity) and the lowest mobility out of any class.

Don't get me wrong, even though I haven't played the game for 3 something months. I still think this patch was amazing, and I've advocated for burn nerfs for a very long time. But saying that power is half decent is joking yourself.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@"Kuma.1503" said:Guardians: If I go berserker amulet, I might get bursted and die.

laughs in Ele

The idea that "You have to be squishy if you want to deal a lot damage" is somehow foreign to Guardian players.

Nah

2. Prime Focus 5

Did I get that right?

Yeah ok bud. Apparently you weren't around for the first 8 years of Guild Wars 2 when everyone was running Core Burst Guardian.

Apparently you weren't around since after they removed agility sigil. The one thing that has carried power guard since its introduction.

You're clueless about dps guard. There are power builds that work, gs is not one of them.

@Math.5123 said:

laughs in Ele

Nah

2. Prime Focus 5

Did I get that right?

Apparently you weren't around since after they removed agility sigil. The one thing that has carried power guard since its introduction.

You're clueless about dps guard. There are power builds that work, gs is not one of them.

Dude I just fought 2x teams in the AT about 10 minutes ago, that were both using Power Burst Core Guards.

They are dealing damage and sustaining just fine while playing wisely.

I have nothing more to say here.

By the end of this week, you'll see everyone doing just fine with a transition to Power Burst Core Guard again.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

laughs in Ele

Nah

2. Prime Focus 5

Did I get that right?

Dude I just fought 2x teams in the AT about 10 minutes ago, that were both using Power Burst Core Guards.

They are dealing damage and sustaining just fine while playing wisely.

I have nothing more to say here.

By the end of this week, you'll see everyone doing just fine with a transition to Power Burst Core Guard again.

Take rapid fire, make it melee. Remove any form of quickness and make it self cripple.

That's Core Guards burst.

@Math.5123 said:

laughs in Ele

Nah

2. Prime Focus 5

Did I get that right?

Actually DPS core guardian was a thing from launch till...the nerfs to righteous instincts and Glacial Heart plus dmg nerf to Mighty blow then we had DPS trap Dragon Hunter, been playing guardian since then and not once I seen the need to slot agility sigil as the initial burst was high enough and pre-cast+teleport was still good thx to Pre nerf Monk's Focus.

I can see people using Agility on hammer builds and yet that was not the reason for the downfall of dps guardian which is still good anyway now after the Feb patch last year

@Arheundel.6451 said:

laughs in Ele

Nah

2. Prime Focus 5

Did I get that right?

Actually DPS core guardian was a thing from launch till...the nerfs to
righteous instincts and Glacial Heart
plus dmg nerf to
Mighty blow
then we had DPS trap Dragon Hunter, been playing guardian since then and not once I seen the need to slot agility sigil as the initial burst was high enough and pre-cast+teleport was still good thx to
Pre nerf Monk's Focus

I can see people using Agility on hammer builds and yet that was not the reason for the downfall of dps guardian which is still good anyway now after the Feb patch last year

I more or less theory crafted the hammer guard of 2017 / 2018. The reason it worked back in Core days was because of the games slower pace.Dps DH was never meta outside of ranked.

There is no way you're ever going to land a 2.5 second channel that slows you on someone with half a brain. That's like landing hundred blades without a stun to set it up.

Edit; dps guard doesn't run Valor anymore.

@Brokensunday.4098 said:Guard still has decent key word decent damage if you run zerker but with 11k hp you have to be extremely careful to when you jump to a team fight or a plus etc because any burst will prob down you. Tecnically zerker guard is a worst rev or thief.

How dare people to actually kill something running zerker amulet kek. As thief i can't really afford to run zerker tbh hence why i am also not doing 7k backstabs (then again even with zerker i probably wouldn't be able to do it outside of one shot signet monster or something along those lines).

@Cynz.9437 said:

@Brokensunday.4098 said:Guard still has decent key word decent damage if you run zerker but with 11k hp you have to be extremely careful to when you jump to a team fight or a plus etc because any burst will prob down you. Tecnically zerker guard is a worst rev or thief.

How dare people to actually kill something running zerker amulet kek. As thief i can't really afford to run zerker tbh hence why i am also not doing 7k backstabs (then again even with zerker i probably wouldn't be able to do it outside of one shot signet monster or something along those lines).You do know that dp thief runs zerker right? And that build has more mov engage disengage and cc and same or more dps than a zerker guard.

When people complain of guard having no reliable damage is legit you have to waste 60-80% of your skills to try and one shot or drop them 70% of ther hp leaving you exposed to any sort of retaliation from your opponent. Again a good player can meke it work into plat but why run zerker guard when you have a much better kit on other prof for doing that role.

@Brokensunday.4098 said:

How dare people to actually kill something running zerker amulet kek. As thief i can't really afford to run zerker tbh hence why i am also not doing 7k backstabs (then again even with zerker i probably wouldn't be able to do it outside of one shot signet monster or something along those lines).You do know that dp thief runs zerker right? And that build has more mov engage disengage and cc and same or more dps than a zerker guard.

When people complain of guard having no reliable damage is legit you have to
waste 60-80% of your skills to try and one shot or drop them 70%
of ther hp leaving you exposed to any sort of retaliation from your opponent. Again a good player can meke it work into plat but why run zerker guard when you have a much better kit on other prof for doing that role.

You don't run zerker on thief unless you invest in survival somewhere else (especially given amount of condis flying around, ironically from guards as well). Guard can do it as well. Prove me wrong.

As d/p i have 1!!! skill (which requires stealth, which requires me to blow few CDs/drain a lot of ini) that can possibly drop enemy to around 50% their HP (if all stars align), usually it is just 3k that probably won't even scratch scourge barrier. That is, the rest is AA and HS (assuming i don't have to run) spam. Welcome to the world of damage dealer in the bunker meta. When your class have been pigeonholed into scavenger role (pick the strugglers, leech of teammates) since pre-HoT patch (that is 6!!! years now) your empathy for such QQ diminishes enormously.

Ah, and while we are at it, show me rev build that runs zerker without investing into survival.

All in all, you (and other players) have to accept that as damage dealer (lol) you have to work for that damage. You won't get high numbers without playing really risky.

@Cynz.9437 said:

of ther hp leaving you exposed to any sort of retaliation from your opponent. Again a good player can meke it work into plat but why run zerker guard when you have a much better kit on other prof for doing that role.

You don't run zerker on thief unless you invest in survival somewhere else (especially given amount of condis flying around, ironically from guards as well). Guard can do it as well. Prove me wrong.

As d/pi have 1!!! skill that can possibly drop enemy to around 50% their HP (if all stars align). That is, the rest is AA and HS (assuming i don't have to run) spam. Welcome to the world of damage dealer in the bunker meta.

Ah, and while we are at it, show me rev build that runs zerker without investing into survival.

You have bs hs shadow shot that hits like a truck sb 1 and 2 not to mention abuncance of cc skills that guard does not have, imNot stating that thief is broken op etc is just that compared to guard is a better option for roam dps at the moment.On the condi aspect they have practically the same condi clears on these two build radiant gs and dp thief. And for a reason thief was meta last few season and gs guard was not. Not counting the disgusting burn build that deserved the nerfs.Rev has power shiro so guard is trying to do the same role they do and they are simply better optionsAny buid that does not run atleast one defensive trait line will bot work.

@Brokensunday.4098 said:

When people complain of guard having no reliable damage is legit you have to waste 60-80% of your skills to try and one shot or drop them 70% of ther hp leaving you exposed to any sort of retaliation from your opponent. Again a good player can meke it work into plat but why run zerker guard when you have a much better kit on other prof for doing that role.

Same reason why ele enthusiasts play ele instead of swapping to Rev, Necro, Holo, or previously, burn DH. Because you like your class and make it work even when other classes can do everything you can but better.

Imagine playing an ele with 13k hp, watching burn DH's dish out 2x the damage you could while facerolling their keyboard and having twice the amount of health as you and a higher armor value and multiple blocks. The highest dps build in the game shouldn't also be one of the beefiest stat-wise.

The only ele build that could compete with burn DH in teamfights damage wise is maybe zerker tempest, and I've had thieves drop me from stealth on that build before the game even has a chance to render their model.

All that being said, I would have liked it if, instead of nerfing burn DH, Anet had re-evaluated their nerfs to Rune of Resistance (strong option vs burn DH) Fire weaver (strong counter to burn DH) and Scrapper (another strong option vs burn DH) but nerfs are all Anet knows how to do and considering Burn DH's stranglehold over 5v5 and 3v3... here we are.

@Brokensunday.4098 said:

As d/pi have 1!!! skill that can possibly drop enemy to around 50% their HP (if all stars align). That is, the rest is AA and HS (assuming i don't have to run) spam. Welcome to the world of damage dealer in the bunker meta.

You have bs hs shadow shot that hits like a truck sb 1 and 2 not to mention abuncance of cc skills that guard does not have, imNot stating that thief is broken op etc is just that compared to guard is a better option for roam dps at the moment.On the condi aspect they have practically the same condi clears on these two build radiant gs and dp thief. And for a reason thief was meta last few season and gs guard was not. Not counting the disgusting burn build that deserved the nerfs.Rev has power shiro so guard is trying to do the same role they do and they are simply better optionsAny buid that does not run atleast one defensive trait line will bot work.

BS is very conditional ergo you have to work for high numbers on BS and blow some CDs/use resources AND position yourself right, most likely in the place where you can get one shot. Once again it does not do high numbers (at least if we take "get enemy to 30% of their Hp" as a bar) unless all stars align (25 stacks of invul from external sources, 25 stacks of might etc.) in current meta.HS does only somehow high damage when enemy is already short before dying. You have to get there first. And it is also melee, so once again, highly interruptible spell which puts you in bad position.If shadow shot, sb 1 and sb2 are that high damage (hits like a truck kek) then i really wonder what is pre-patch burn DH damage was.Guards have abundance of CC skills - they chose not to pick them. Same as i have to trade invul of basi for example. Or headshot for damage.You want to roam with a guard? Why do you assume that guard is a roamer class? Since when it has become a thing? Since guards have been spoiled by trapper rune?

You know what the actual problem of "zerker" guard is? The other guards and scourge. They are too tanky so you can't do enough damage yet they put out enough damage ( at least scourge) to make guard look for better place.Once again, if other classes have to work for their damage then same should apply to guards. You can't just dish out massive damage (delete 70% of HP in one shot) and be beefy at the same time. Simple as it is.

@Kuma.1503 said:

Same reason why ele enthusiasts play ele instead of swapping to Rev, Necro, Holo, or previously, burn DH. Because you like your class and make it work even when other classes can do everything you can but better.

Imagine playing an ele with 13k hp, watching burn DH's dish out 2x the damage you could while facerolling their keyboard and having twice the amount of health as you and a higher armor value and multiple blocks. The highest dps build in the game shouldn't also be one of the beefiest stat-wise.

The only ele build that could compete with burn DH in teamfights damage wise is maybe zerker tempest, and I've had thieves drop me from stealth on that build before the game even has a chance to render their model.

All that being said, I would have liked it if, instead of nerfing burn DH, Anet had re-evaluated their nerfs to Rune of Resistance (strong option vs burn DH) Fire weaver (strong counter to burn DH) and Scrapper (another strong option vs burn DH) but nerfs are all Anet knows how to do and considering Burn DH's stranglehold over 5v5 and 3v3... here we are.

I havent play ele competitive scicne old cele ele so i dont know well the class as right now i agree the dh burn build was op and metir all the nerfs and agree that ele is in a weird state like power guard.

@Cynz.9437 said:

BS is very conditional ergo you have to work for high numbers on BS and blow some CDs/use resources AND position yourself right, most likely in the place where you can get one shot. Once again it does not do high numbers (at least if we take "get enemy to 30% of their Hp" as a bar) unless all stars align (25 stacks of invul from external sources, 25 stacks of might etc.) in current meta.HS does only somehow high damage when enemy is already short before dying. You have to get there first. And it is also melee, so once again, highly interruptible spell which puts you in bad position.If shadow shot, sb 1 and sb2 are that high damage (hits like a truck kek) then i really wonder what is pre-patch burn DH damage was.Guards have abundance of CC skills - they chose not to pick them. Same as i have to trade invul of basi for example. Or headshot for damage.You want to roam with a guard? Why do you assume that guard is a roamer class? Since when it has become a thing? Since guards have been spoiled by trapper rune?

You know what the actual problem of "zerker" guard is? The other guards and scourge. They are too tanky so you can't do enough damage yet they put out enough damage ( at least scourge) to make guard look for better place.Once again, if other classes have to work for their damage then same should apply to guards. You can't just dish out massive damage (delete 70% of HP in one shot) and be beefy at the same time. Simple as it is.What cc u talking about hammer gl with that dumpsterfire of a weappon, shield is ok as a cc but you lose like 25% of your dps and gs5 out side of that and long cd power guard has no cc not counting scepter 3 cus is a soft cc, you dont have to spam hs and even on full hp target it still can hit 3-5k damage same as shadow shadow shot.Guard is not a roamer is true but with the build is not a great team fighter eigther ao is stuck in between like the other guy talking about ele said a guard main can make it work even if hes at a disadvantage it all depends of skill lvlEditUr right about scourge right now mender is op core shout build was nerfed was op also now is more manageable

Glad I uninstalled when they nerfed my already 9 damage elite, ran sword/focus/longbow with JI-DM since 2016, but for a year with zerk having no damage against condi bunker only to keep getting nerfed for killing bad players with auto attacks.

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

1. I don't need to prove anything. I run like 3 or 4 ATs a day, always making it to final rounds while winning half of the time and I get plenty of demonstration from the best players in the game of what their main classes are capable of. Oh you want proof? Ok, click the link in my signature. Follow what's happening in the ATs when I'm streaming.

Math already schooled you so I'm not gonna bother responding to your other stuff, you clearly haven't played guard or you'd understand the healthpool "tradeoff" a lot better LOL.

Your arguments are poor and you have to fall back onto some kinda AT flex? Oop, you saw it twice so it's viable, nice solid argument there. Care to name drop the "best players in the game" running DPS guard?

It'll do fine against golems/silvers, will probably fall apart and be outclassed in gold+.

These claims about not able to land power damage, it's like waiting for a dodge or CC'ing sustain away is just too hard for anyone. It's a joke to heard people complain power guard not being a thing, it is fine.

You're making it sound godly for landing Mighty Blow on plat players over and over, which it isn't. It's perfectly normal when you're reasonable with your expectations.

If you're conditioned to expect 48k burning damage you might as well quit the PvP, people don't want it here.

@Shao.7236 said:

These claims about not able to land power damage, it's like waiting for a dodge or CC'ing sustain away is just too hard for anyone. It's a joke to heard people complain power guard not being a thing, it is fine.

You're making it sound godly for landing Mighty Blow on plat players over and over, which it isn't. It's perfectly normal when you're reasonable with your expectations.

If you're conditioned to expect 48k burning damage you might as well quit the PvP, people don't want it here.

Guard is cuerrently garbage at PvP. Everything from Firebrand is useless because they have no damage and no sustain on top of being a class with low HP and lackluster mobility; power varaints have been a joke since the Righteous Instincts nerf which turned Valk amulet into crap. The support builds only worked in conformed teams with VoIP but were easily slaughtered at ranked matches with pugs, and the new nerfs made support core Guardian arguably weaker even in coordinated teams. So burn DH (a PvE build) was essentially the only thing they had (and the main reason I barely touched the class in PvP in the last 4 moths). And that was a cheap build really easy to counter (loved fighting them with my Revs). So now we have three classes (Warriors, Thieves and Guardians) with no place in the meta.

On the other hand I support the changes in the Revenant: mostly because doesn't harm condi or power Heralds a bit, and power shortbow Renegade remains quite healthy for conquest (now prefereably using better weapons than the crappy staff which I've ditched for months in Herald builds):