What's coming to WvW? Alliance will change nothing, so... what?

Menzo.2185

I think that I finally understood ArenaNet's marketing strategy regarding WvW.

They pretend for years that they don't care about WvW anymore, pretend that they don't have innovative ideas or money to bring us new and quality content, pretend that glide/mount and glitch fixes are the only things they can do for us, to surprise us at the launch of the next expansion... with incredible things that they are coming up with.

As a mkt graduate person, I believe that this is the best idea that the company could have in relation to the 'best and main' gamemode; treat WvW as black swan since DesertBL Map. No communication strategy is the best strategy, right?

I believe they will soon surprise us with new maps, WvW Tournaments, WvW Seasons + Badges, More Rewards by those in a higher Tier, a proper WvW balanced, Quarterly Events as 'Core Professions Week' or something like that, Better Graphic Optimization and much more (All the amazing ideas they bring to PvE on WvW too). Alllllright then!! I waiting for it.

I'm looking forward to the EoD being amazing, even though we don't even have a release date yet.We are all very excited that the best way to get hype is to say nothing, to reveal nothing, to promise nothing, to leak nothing... to do nothing. Right?

canthaconfirmed Really???? When? And what about WvW n PvP??? Elite Specs to silence us all + 1 to 3 years of bad balances ???? lol

Thanks to Google Translator to make a non english community be heard.

In February of last year, in the last great balance made by ArenaNet, they gave us a false idea that removing the damage from all skills with CC would be an excellent way to go. However, in my humble opinion, this is a simple, easy and quick way to think. Because they did not evaluate what this would impact on the role of each profession, their original concept ideas and in the impact that this changes brought to the usage of some weapons.

@Menzo.2185 said:In February of last year, in the last great balance made by ArenaNet, they gave us a false idea that removing the damage from all skills with CC would be an excellent way to go. However, in my humble opinion, this is a simple, easy and quick way to think. Because they did not evaluate what this would impact on the role of each profession, their original concept ideas and in the impact that this changes brought to the usage of some weapons.

fully agree here. the damage nerfs to everything were just a nerf-package in bulk, without any thought of what is meta, what is really too strong, what could lose quite some effectiveness due to the nerfs without beeing even broken. and it totally messed up the balance (funny eh) of classes that have fast attacks and good mobility. i also think that the original identity of many classes was hurt by these nerfs, and also the fast paced combat system got roundhousekicked out of the window. they kind of built an incremental lag into every class due to the lower damage, which some can play around, others have a harder time doing so.

@Ashantara.8731 i am pretty sure i smelled sarcasm in that OP. :P

@lare.5129 said:I don't see any reason wait is this week. Will it come ? Ofc Yes. I am sure. Ofc it come after EoD and some time. My vision - it will b after 3-4 yeas.Is this ok ? I think yes.

what does this post even mean? and how can u be okay to have some matchup based updated delayed for like yet 3~ years, and you'd be even fine with it beeing delayed for 3-4 more years, while the lack of work that goes into Wvw costed the mode yet a lot of playerbase. Wvw pop got so crazy random these days, it ain't even fun often.

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:what does this post even mean? and how can u be okay to have some matchup based updated delayed for like yet 3~ years, and you'd be even fine with it beeing delayed for 3-4 more yearsI sure that delay 3-4 and 5 years is ok and valid stuff.

while the lack of work that goes into Wvw costed the mode yet a lot of playerbase.I am think we have to mach players on wvw, and we need cut player base. On Friday after reset 20-40 quene on each map give me that info.

Wvw pop got so crazy random these days, it ain't even fun often.wvw valid stable content. Not all want some patcher every few week. I don't see any reason change wvw nearest 10 years.How many we have 10k rank player wiht ultimate dominator title ? anyway less that 1%. Se let players play and not disturb whit aliases or another things

@"lare.5129" inform yourself, the ultimate dominator and 10k ranks were all at some point farmable without a lot of effort. otherwise far less of them would exist. there was some glitched event where u could just massyolo and get immediatly respawned or sth alike many years ago, that way the killcount would go up the roof in only a few days.

and the eotm times had a lot of xp karmatrains when it was a legit playable map.

.... u just post assumptions and questionable opinions? we have 40ish queues on some servers with half of those are fake-Qs like display errors. on reset, most wvw players log in. after weekends, it is far more dead. plus, the map cap limits became way smaller than they originally have been, leading obviously to larger queues.

all your argumentation is "it's bad but i don't know what i'm doing anyways so i don't care that it is bad and you should be fine with it beeing bad as well, because my opinion without any fact based arguments is clearly superior".... what shall i add here, i heavily disagree.