48 000 Burn Damage In 3 Seconds

Heisen.2315

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@thundermarch.5643 said:1) what class are you play so ?

2) how are suppose other class than aren't renegade (who's meta) to play so ? Like thief ? War ? Mesmer ? Ranger condi ?

How did you do when you dont play renegade ?

Thief is super easy. You have more stealth. You dodge in to trigger the traps, dodge back out, wait 3 seconds for the traps to disappear. Pressure with shortbow. Then re-engage with steal, which will daze since burn DH has no stability and no stunbreak. With Basilisk Venom, even better. Use the stolen skill from guardian, which is another 3s daze. During that 3s daze press 1111111, free win.

Warrior, super easy. You can chain-stun it from 100 to 0, because, like I said, burn DH has no stability and no stunbreak. Wait for all stealth to be used up. Dip in to trigger traps then immediately dodge out, or just stand there and tank it with Shield Stance. Wait 3 seconds. Then go back in and chain-stun it. Full Counter is an easy way to start, since the DH can't stop its symbols/traps/SoJ from triggering Full Counter, and the daze is Unblockable. It also gives Resistance, which, guess what that counters? After that, shield stun, bull's rush, stomp, dagger, mace, hammer, etc etc etc

Mesmer, even easier. Clones will pop traps for you, you don't even need to go into melee range. Literally just press 1111111 with staff/sceptre/GS and don't go into melee range. If you don't go into melee range, what's the DH going to do? Bonus points for spamming interrupts with shatter/pistol/mantra/sword-ambush because, once again, DH has no stab and no stubreak.

Ranger, easiest of them all. Pet will pop traps. Stand at 1200 range and press 1111111. If you want to show off then run in with greatsword block up to face-tank all the traps, stun with GS #5, Maul, GG. But you don't have to do that, you can just stand back and wait for pet + pewpew to win for you.

Its the same formula on any class. Don't just run directly into melee range and traps like a bot. That's it. If you have just 10 seconds of patience, you'll win. Burn-DH damage entirely relies on you ALLOWING yourself to be hit repeatedly. It relies on you playing directly into the DH's hands and doing all of its work for it. It relies on stupid. Don't be stupid. Would you expect to go face-to-face in melee against a Reaper with full shroud? No! You kite around the Shroud and punish once it's gone. Same thing with DH.

@"thundermarch.5643" said:Mobility isn't a good option Guard have some too

Everyone isn't mobile

Necro is much lower than guard un m'y opinion

i'm most curious now to hear what is guard mobility

since trapper runes are used as an excuse from the "burst out of nowhere" they lost the 25% movement speed from lynxso the only leap they can freely use is f2, one of their main sustain sources. condi cleanse and 2.9k heal no one is gonna use that for mobility, to then seconds later gets a beating

what other mobility sources am i not seeing? sword 2 needs a target so can't even use that to move yourself inbetween nodes efficiently

and what necro isn't mobile?core necro uses rune of the traveler (25% speed) and some use rune of speed (like permanent superspeed equivalent)meanwhile reaper uses rune of the lynx (+25% superspeed)

necro has a direct swiftness source, burn dh has notthen the big 'ol wurm that is a 1.2k range teleport if needed.

I don-t know about guardian but isn't it a terrible idea to nerf without buffing or balancing others? and you need to be careful not to accidentally kill core and making it that the elites dragon hunter and firebrand are guardian 2.0 with no downside to not choosing elites.

@Ragnar.4257 said:

@"Smoosh.2718" said:

So are we to assume you're talking about the trapper Burn DH build, since you said "teleport that you can not see coming" ?

And if so, will you please link the teleport skill on that build that applies 9 stacks of burning instantly? Because I can tell you now there isn't one. If you've got 9 stacks from a DH, it means you've eaten all 4 hits from a SoJ and at least 12 other hits from symbols/autos/traps. That isn't instant is it..... that'll take several seconds to ramp up and if you eat it all you'd die against anything else in that scenario too.

And even if you're not talking about that build, will you explain how "it can kill you fast if you've already used your defensive cooldowns fighting someone else" doesn't apply to, say, Rev/Ren, or Holo, or Thief or Reaper or Soulbeast or..... etc

You're probably going to say that they need to hit you more than once. So again, I ask, please link the guardian skill that applies 9 stacks of burning instantly.

I never once stated it was from one skill, there is a combo you can pull off in very quick succession which will blast condition damage out on someone who has no time to evade it. Torch usually is required for it.

Can we seriously stop defending Condi damage like its the most fun balanced thing in the game? Its the most boring mechanic in the game thats filled with cheese and not the good kind either.. goats cheese.

Over this last year we have seen a lot of power damage nerfs yet next to no nerfs on the way condition damage should be over time than Burst over seconds. Condi's in this game are like Fire and forget missiles. You can run away from a power damage dealer with 10 health and live, but you cant vs a condi player.

It's like my preference to fight melee characters in all games over ranged, simple really, ranged classes are the ones most likely to abuse a mechanic, just as condi players do in gw2.

You have more chance of convincing me that the moon isnt real and the earth is flat than saying condi damge is fine in this game.

One thing to note, I did place a ~ symbol next to the damage number, this symbol means approximately, The last PvP match I had was a good 2 months ago now so I can not give you the exact number but I know it was around that.

TLDR:Its not fun to play a meta where players can abuse cheep easy cheese to win. (yes in the long fight you will win, but getting jumped while you're already in combat for the 10th time by the same condi spammer just isnt fun.)

@Smoosh.2718 said:

TLDR:Its not fun to play a meta where players can abuse cheep easy cheese to win. (yes in the long fight you will win, but getting jumped while you're already in combat for the 10th time by the same condi spammer just isnt fun.)

deleted everything but the important part (which was surprisingly little) look at the part i put in boldyou got +1'd, you lost and dh is unbalanced...yet you didn't play for 2 months so you hardly ever met a dh

if that +1 was a thief, renegade, herald, core mesmer, holo or about anything that can do even little dmg you'd end up dead aswellyour case more then not you blew your cooldowns on a fight you were thinking to win, but you didn't cuz your team got outplayed by his

@Smoosh.2718 said:evade it. Torch usually is required for it.

no dh uses torch, not a single one. using torch means either giving up 3 blocks and a 9 hitter (ray of judgement) is 3 burn stacks on something trying to disengageorgiving up the utility that shiled providesno sane player is giving up so much defense, on a build that is allready glass.

core guard uses torch because core guard can slot in an actual defensive traitline, but a core guard with traps..those are rare

So are we to assume you're talking about the trapper Burn DH build, since you said "teleport that you can not see coming" ?

And if so, will you please link the teleport skill on that build that applies 9 stacks of burning instantly? Because I can tell you now there isn't one. If you've got 9 stacks from a DH, it means you've eaten all 4 hits from a SoJ and at least 12 other hits from symbols/autos/traps. That isn't instant is it..... that'll take several seconds to ramp up and if you eat it all you'd die against anything else in that scenario too.

And even if you're not talking about that build, will you explain how "it can kill you fast if you've already used your defensive cooldowns fighting someone else" doesn't apply to, say, Rev/Ren, or Holo, or Thief or Reaper or Soulbeast or..... etc

You're probably going to say that they need to hit you more than once. So again, I ask, please link the guardian skill that applies 9 stacks of burning instantly.

I never once stated it was from one skill, there is a combo you can pull off in very quick succession which will blast condition damage out on someone who has no time to evade it. Torch usually is required for it.

Can we seriously stop defending Condi damage like its the most fun balanced thing in the game? Its the most boring mechanic in the game thats filled with cheese and not the good kind either.. goats cheese.

Over this last year we have seen a lot of power damage nerfs yet next to no nerfs on the way condition damage should be over time than Burst over seconds. Condi's in this game are like Fire and forget missiles. You can run away from a power damage dealer with 10 health and live, but you cant vs a condi player.

It's like my preference to fight melee characters in all games over ranged, simple really, ranged classes are the ones most likely to abuse a mechanic, just as condi players do in gw2.

You have more chance of convincing me that the moon isnt real and the earth is flat than saying condi damge is fine in this game.

One thing to note, I did place a ~ symbol next to the damage number, this symbol means approximately, The last PvP match I had was a good 2 months ago now so I can not give you the exact number but I know it was around that.

Condi isn't fire and forget unless you're against someone that refuses to cleanse. Against high cleanse specs, condi is 100% useless because you don't do enough physical damage to dent things while your primary damage gets removed. Cheese is the most braindead excuse. You can run away from physical damage at 10hp but you wouldn't BE at 10hp against a condi spec at the same time because the damage isnt instant, it's over time and dependant on how much you cleanse.

Your preference for melee and immediately calling range specs most likely to abuse mechanics is laughable. How is it abusing mechanics when that's how they were designed? Nobody is using bugs or other exploits, you just don't like it and don't want to deal with it. Tough.

@"Smoosh.2718" said:You can run away from a power damage dealer with 10 health and live, but you cant vs a condi player.

In actuality you would have died.

I see this argument all the time. "Condi keeps hitting you when you have moved away" yet it always ignored the fact that you have already been hit and have already taken the damage, its just delayed.

Its not the fault of the damage type that you fail to play defensively at the right time and have taken enough damage to kill you over the next few seconds. If it was power damage and you did the same you would have died long before. Yet the thought process would be more likely to be "I misplayed somewhere" / "I didn't defence" / "I engaged poorly" / "I was out of cd" than the common reaction to the same mistakes vs condi of "ITS OP" / "ABSOLUTE BS"

Can we seriously stop defending Condi damage like its the most fun balanced thing in the game?I don't think people are defending it like its "the most fun balanced thing in the game?" rather pointing out poor arguments, misinformation and bias.I could shorten your post to "I don't like it. Never will. Therefore it shouldn't be a thing and there is no way you can convince me otherwise"

Over this last year we have seen a lot of power damage nerfs yet next to no nerfs on the way condition damage should be over time than Burst over seconds.

There have been nerfs to condi burst and the strongest condi builds usually get hit. Remember condi theif? Where are all the complaints about it now?Condi is damage over time...but if you consistently fail to avoid attacks or strong skills you will start taking more and more damage. Your bias has probably lead you to never learn why you are dying, just see the condi in the death log and call BS / OP .Your preference to power damage, specifically melee fights, means you have better learnt those matchups and the higher details for this in the death log top skills has made it easier for you to do so.

Though I do like the complaint about "what if I have used my defences or get plussed? I just die then" like its something specific to condition damage...

On the point of burn guard. Permeating Wrath and Spirit Armoury could use a nerf of some sort to burn duration but besides that I can't think of much else.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@"Smoosh.2718" said:You can run away from a power damage dealer with 10 health and live, but you cant vs a condi player.

In actuality you would have died.

I see this argument all the time. "Condi keeps hitting you when you have moved away" yet it always ignored the fact that you have already been hit and have already taken the damage, its just delayed.

Its not the fault of the damage type that you fail to play defensively at the right time and have taken enough damage to kill you over the next few seconds. If it was power damage and you did the same you would have died long before. Yet the thought process would be more likely to be "I misplayed somewhere" / "I didn't defence" / "I engaged poorly" / "I was out of cd" than the common reaction to the same mistakes vs condi of "ITS OP" / "ABSOLUTE BS"

Can we seriously stop defending Condi damage like its the most fun balanced thing in the game?I don't think people are defending it like its "the most fun balanced thing in the game?" rather pointing out poor arguments, misinformation and bias.I could shorten your post to "I don't like it. Never will. Therefore it shouldn't be a thing and there is no way you can convince me otherwise"

Over this last year we have seen a lot of power damage nerfs yet next to no nerfs on the way condition damage should be over time than Burst over seconds.

There have been nerfs to condi burst and the strongest condi builds usually get hit. Remember condi theif? Where are all the complaints about it now?Condi is damage over time...but if you consistently fail to avoid attacks or strong skills you will start taking more and more damage. Your bias has probably lead you to never learn why you are dying, just see the condi in the death log and call BS / OP .Your preference to power damage, specifically melee fights, means you have better learnt those matchups and the higher details for this in the death log top skills has made it easier for you to do so.

Though I do like the complaint about "what if I have used my defences or get plussed? I just die then" like its something specific to condition damage...

On the point of burn guard. Permeating Wrath and Spirit Armoury could use a nerf of some sort to burn duration but besides that I can't think of much else.

even if they put an internal cooldown of 5-10 seconds on sword of justice (meaning you can only use it when icd allows, not when you have a charge) people would still die to it and call it OPusually it's the same handful of players that are very vocal. those that got a nice beating and instead of putting their own gameplay to questio, it has to be the one they faced that is abusing,cheating or OP. take your pick.

just give it this shake it off treatment as in 2018 haha, see how "useless" it is now (plottwist, it's not and still used by every war)

and i'll leave this just here https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defender%27s_Dogmamaybe, stop nuking yourself when a dh uses f3. sadly i had to witness it in one of my games f3 has this very obvious blue shield guarding the dh front

if you somehow think it's a great idea to shoot a rapid fire in said shield? THEN I HAVE BAD NEWS FOR YOU....

• 2 months later...

@"Mellow.7409" said:Haha! Look at the patch notes now, deniers!

Bar one it got the nerfs I expected it to get but..

This isn't going to stop the people who were dying to it from dying.

Fully expecting a thread or comments saying it wasn't needed enough / at all because people are still dying to it.