There are some weird zones

wilykcat.5864

There is this place under metrica province which no one can get to. The zone is unnamed and is part of the tarnished coast. Is it part of the ring of fire?Another zone is blood legion homelands. These are places I have no idea how to get to them. I own both path of fire and path of thorns expansions. I do have some parts of the ice brood saga story done.

There are also tons of other mysterious places. Woodland cascades, the wall in the sea covered in green vines next to caledon forest, unwnding ocean.

THe map includes areas not actually in the game. Some are from GW1 and others are just there to fill out the map in case we go there later

• The area under Metrica doesn't exist in game, however the Ring of Fire Islands are just off the coast and are part of Living World season 3
  • Blood Legion homelands is largely an area inaccessible to us, however the Blood Citadel is a map in that area that we can get to and is the first map of the Icebrood Saga
  • Woodland Cascades has yet to be used

That's confusing. I'm always trying to explore new places but then I'm like why cant I get to them evenknow they are on the map.

It's just like in warcraft with gm island and that one unnamed zone north of eastern plague lands. Hard to get to those zones unless if having knowledge of how to glitch through walls.

There are tons of invisible walls and I wonder what is behind them.

The way to tell if there is a map there is if it has a number over it (like 80) to indicate level range. There are a couple of exceptions

• Guilds halls are marked on the map which obv not everyone can access
  • there is a level 80 map within woodland cascades which is actually a raid location and not accessible via the open world

The Living World maps are generally accessed via buying and playing associated the story rather than exploring (except SIlverwastes, Dry Top and Southson Cove)

Another good resource with a fully fleshed out map is https://www.thatshaman.com/tools/guide/?v=4&x=-1080.25&y=567.25&z=2

It shows the uncovered areas of all parts of the current Guild Wars 2 map. The area with detail is an area you can access either via raid, dungeon, story instance, living season, or as part of the core map.

It doesn't tell you which is which though.

Interesting...still don't know what the following areas are though:

"80" area just west of the Forsaken Thicket raid. (above Verdant Brink)"80" area tucked into the hole between the first 3 HoT zones."80" area just west of the Key of Ahdashim raid. (above Vabbi)Area just west of Lion's Arch, that has PoI's in it. (according to the above link)

(there's loads more little places on the above link, but those are not like actual zones)

@"Nazarick.9653" said:Interesting...still don't know what the following areas are though:

"80" area just west of the Forsaken Thicket raid. (above Verdant Brink)"80" area tucked into the hole between the first 3 HoT zones."80" area just west of the Key of Ahdashim raid. (above Vabbi)Area just west of Lion's Arch, that has PoI's in it. (according to the above link)

(there's loads more little places on the above link, but those are not like actual zones)

Those 3 as Cedo says are Guild Halls

The PoI's near is probably either Southson Cove (a map you can reach from the portals in LA) or possibly even Claw Island from the story instance.Edit: oh you mean those markers? Yeah thta's just Mt Maelstrom with GW reference points added. There's lots of GW1 map overlays on that linked map and that's what you are seeing

this map have all zones marked, including "guild halls"/raids,
except Drizzlewood Coast(latest icebrood saga map).

also have marked "land connections" to them if u want travel barefoot for fun.

theres also a festival only zone: labyrinthine cliffs, when Bazzar of Four Winds arrives, u can acess this again and will become "explored" on your world map.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/4/48/Zones.jpg