Good Job on the new mount adoption licences

hugo.4705

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At some point, I hope they combine all the same skins of one theme in one pack...such as having all the Primeval skins purchasable in one discounted pack, instead of having to buy them all separately at the individual unit price, like they already do with the Halloween themed mount skins.

@Za Shaloc.3908 said:Bought the Tundra Grimalkin and the dye channels are almost perfect for matching it to one of my cats. Has been making me laugh whenever I use it. Totally great skin!

Cool !! On the other hand, the Grumpy Cat aka Sinister Feline dyes poorly, very dull and flat-looking. I guess that's another thing it's grumpy about. I still like the skin and its grumpy meows.

I'm new to the game, what is special about these? Are they just new skins for the regular mount types? Are they limited edition and won't be sold again after the promotion? Really enjoying the game but my highest character right now is 65 so I haven't unlocked mounts yet.

@mrcodez.6987 said:I'm new to the game, what is special about these? Are they just new skins for the regular mount types? Are they limited edition and won't be sold again after the promotion? Really enjoying the game but my highest character right now is 65 so I haven't unlocked mounts yet.

Welcome to Tyria! Glad you're enjoying the game. :D

Yup, these are just cosmetic skins for the regular mounts. They don't affect gameplay; they're purely for looks.Usually the various mount skin packs (there have been quite a few of them) are rotated in and out of the gem store every few months. It might take a while for a particular pack to come back into circulation, but rest assured it will come back at some point. There's no rush to get them unless you see one you really like - in which case, when you buy it, it will unlock the skin for you. It will not unlock the mount itself; you'll have to start the story in the Path of Fire expansion to start getting mounts, but when you do, the mount skin will be available for you to use if you wish. You can also freely switch between mount skins you've unlocked, so there's no worry about permanently discarding or wasting a skin if you're not using it.

@"Fire Attunement.9835" said:Glad you're liking them! I passed the feedback on to the teams who worked on these, and they sent their thanks. They also reminded me that a few members of those teams have Shiba family members--so they're loving that Jackal skin too. :)

Firstly, well done on these skins (except the cat Springer - that thing is going to haunt dreams).

I really must point out however that a recent 'fix' applied to the new Warclaw made the skin look much worse, and I think it's bad enough that some people aren't going to want to use it after having bought it for the launch-day look.

Fixed an issue in which the Tundra Grimalkin warclaw skin's lip color was being affected by other dye channels.hbo5RYV.pngI mean no disrespect to the artists, but please reverse this change.

@AgentMoore.9453 said:

@"Fire Attunement.9835" said:Glad you're liking them! I passed the feedback on to the teams who worked on these, and they sent their thanks. They also reminded me that a few members of those teams have Shiba family members--so they're loving that Jackal skin too. :)

Firstly, well done on these skins (except the cat Springer - that thing is going to haunt dreams).

I really must point out however that a recent 'fix' applied to the new Warclaw made the skin look much worse, and I think it's bad enough that some people aren't going to want to use it after having bought it for the launch-day look.

Fixed an issue in which the Tundra Grimalkin warclaw skin's lip color was being affected by other dye channels.
hbo5RYV.png
I mean no disrespect to the artists, but
please
reverse this change.

Ackk thats ugly, please revert sorry but it looks like pink plastic lips

Objectively I think this is the best mount license set yet! I don’t think there’s even one skin I don’t like, which is highly irregular since I don’t really care about the ones that are just different dye channels. But this license has fewer of those and more that are interesting!

Ugh, I'm gonna have to ask for gem refund for the Shiba and the Tundra Grimalkin skin. The textures on the Shiba seem to disappear on lower settings (which doesn't happen on the other mounts) and the texture quality is pretty poor on higher settings imo. The change to the Grimalkin is just awful. Time to contact support.

I will start by saying that I also feel you outdid yourselves with the new mount skins, & if I had the resources to do so I would buy them all, well almost all. But I have to be careful financially, so I need to pick my battles here in the gem store!I missed the Crystalline wings combo, & I have been waiting for the Branded Skyscale skin. I adore my Skyscale (kind of wish we could name them since we raised them after all), but I don't really like the pug face & horn position. The Branded Skyscale skin hides the shortness of the snout & the horn position in all the branded "crystals" so I would be happy with that one, I think. I found the Speckled Shortfang skin & bought it (just a day or so before it was announced they would be on sale-just my luck, lol). I LOVE my Shortfang's face & floppy "horns" so very much! Makes me want to get the Gilded Shortfang skin too.There are no pictures or videos of the Gilded Shortfang, & no previews of the dye channels for it. I would love to be able to compare to decide if it is different enough to have both Shortfangs. Am I missing something like a mount "dressing & dye room"?

I also love the Shimmerwing skin, but the pack it was in was quite extensive. Is there ever a standalone choice for the Shimmerwing or the Branded Skyscale skins like the adoption select licenses offer?

A question for those who have the Sinister Feline and/or the Desert Shiba -- have you found any dyes that look really good on them? Every dye I try, and I own all but a few dozen, looks very flat and dull. I still like the skins and am not complaining, just feel like I could get a better look for these two. Thanks very much in advance!

I give thumbs up on most of the mount skin designs but not the RNG delivery or pricing of select versions. There are plenty of skins I've liked but haven't unlocked. I honestly would have spent more unlocking the skins I like but haven't bought if RNG or over priced select a skin wasn't involved. I usually look at select a skin when they are discounted at 720gems. I haven't bought any from the recent sales. I also would have been more likely to buy related skins they've peppered in the various RNG/Select a skin sets if they were sold as a unified set.

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:Glad you're liking them! I passed the feedback on to the teams who worked on these, and they sent their thanks. They also reminded me that a few members of those teams have Shiba family members--so they're loving that Jackal skin too. :)

Any chance that there will be more mount skins as an exclusive gameplay ingame reward for completing certain content?

@hugo.4705 said:Surely the other sets are completing too, but haven't checked really them.

I really hope so, only need a Primeval Skyscale and a Primeval Warclaw for my complete set now ;-)

On topic, no primeval skins in this set but I might go for the Shiba.....that doesn't mean I don't like the offerings, I appreciate the work put into these , well done Arenanet!

@DirtyDan.4759 said:

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:Glad you're liking them! I passed the feedback on to the teams who worked on these, and they sent their thanks. They also reminded me that a few members of those teams have Shiba family members--so they're loving that Jackal skin too. :)

Any chance that there will be more mount skins as an exclusive gameplay ingame reward for completing certain content?

more are you implying we can get mount skins now as ingame reward?

I for sure have not seen any of that so far.

@Linken.6345 said:

more
are you implying we can get mount skins now as ingame reward?

I for sure have not seen any of that so far.

Guildrider Warclaw Skin